Update on Remsport Receivers

We also follow all state and federal laws when selling to LE. We treat these sales the same way we treat all sales LE or not.

So what your saying is... no sales of AR15's with Bayonet lugs, flash hiders or collapsable stocks to the MSP or local PD agencies?

A sale to an agency is diffrent then a sale to a LE unless the LE has an agency letter. No non-AWB sales to any LE unless there is an agency letter.
John

What would be really cool would be if Remsport (and others) voluntarily adopted the standard of "Nothing to LE agencies or individuals that private citizens cannot buy in that agency's jurisdiction".

A sale to an agency is diffrent then a sale to a LE unless the LE has an agency letter. No non-AWB sales to any LE unless there is an agency letter.
John
Not according to LaRue and their new policy. [smile]

What would be really cool would be if Remsport (and others) voluntarily adopted the standard of "Nothing to LE agencies or individuals that private citizens cannot buy in that agency's jurisdiction".

My point exactly. [wink]
It's always someone else's battle...right? [frown]

I'm quite sure this would in no way negatively affect a small business such as Remsport.

C'mon, Rob... John does not have the financial backing and resources that companies like LaRue, Olympic Arms, and Barrett have at their disposal. To expect a small shop to commit financial suicide is unreasonable.

I am on the list. I never, even for a second, thought I would be promised a lower. Like most people here, I am searching for parts, pieces, powder, etc. John was kind enough to start a list for people, great, we appreciate it. If I get a RemSport lower soon, great, if not, I'll keep waiting.

I'm quite sure this would in no way negatively affect a small business such as Remsport.

C'mon, Rob... John does not have the financial backing and resources that companies like LaRue, Olympic Arms, and Barrett have at their disposal. To expect a small shop to commit financial suicide is unreasonable.

And when (COP & LEO backed) laws make it so these co's are no longer able to sell to the public (which is a much larger source of revenue IMHO) then... what kind of financial suicide would you call that? [rolleyes]
But hey! a sale's a sale, even if your supplying the one's trying to put you out of buisness...right? [puke]

Politicians may be the ones trying to take them but leo's should get no special treatment. They should be subject to the same laws we are. Any company with balls should adopt the policy of what civilians can own Cops can own.

I will go out of my way to do business with the companies that do. I will ignore companies that dont. I dont do business with Remsport for a variety of reasons overpriced and inflexible are a few reasons. This just adds to it

Last edited:
You obviously misunderstand my post. We do not sell anything to LE that a civilian cannot have. An LE without an agency letter is treated as a civilian. The LE letter is because the agency is stating that the firearm is going to be an agency duty gun. Sales directly to an agency are not a civilian sale.

You obviously misunderstand my post. We do not sell anything to LE that a civilian cannot have. An LE without an agency letter is treated as a civilian. The LE letter is because the agency is stating that the firearm is going to be an agency duty gun. Sales directly to an agency are not a civilian sale.

Sorry.. No misunderstanding. [sad]

Last edited:

That would be very cool, but there are practical realities here as D2D has pointed out. RemSport isn't a huge firm and agency type sales could represent a substantially higher percentage of their sales than for some of the firms who have adopted policies being advocated here. I would have a different opinion if RemSport was filling huge contracts of F/A rifles to MA agencies, but I don't think that is happening.

Speculation, of course, I don't have any hard information one way or the other.

So Remsport built lowers and are selling them, instead of calling those who originally were put on the waiting list.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

33775717_zpsec967ce9.jpg

The list is done, there is no longer a list and there are no receivers at this time. The list got to be over 500 and there is no way we could ever fullfill this and there was no garrentee that anyone on the list would get an lower. Once we start up production on our new billet cut receiver I will let everyone know. These were two that were put aside for the shop and not available to the list. I decided to build them with the last of the parts I had and make them available. I could have just put them on the shelf and sold them to walk-in's but I put them up for sale and made them available to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom