• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Update on Remsport Receivers

Remsport Mfg

NES Member
I have called everyone that made the cut. We ended up with fewer forgings then planned and Ron had also promised some receivers to the Mass State Police based on the fact we were going to get more forgings then we ended up with.
If you did not get a call you did not make the cut.
I just got done with this yesterday. I had also posted this email request on my Face book page so it was not exclusive to Northeaseshooters.
Now the good news. I will hold onto the list over 500 requests for future production, although it will be a very large task to contact 500 people so I won't be calling anyone in the future. However I do think we won't need a request list because we will have enough production.
Once we have completed our current receiver contract it will free up capacity and we will be able to start cutting 5.56 AR receivers on billet so we will not have to look for forgings. I do not know what the time line is for this so don't ask, however once we are in production we will have plenty of receivers. When this happens I will announce availability and we will not have to use a list, however we will have to do purchase and pick up by appointment.
I would have liked to have had receivers for everyone unfortuntly this did not happen I am sorry.
Thank you
John

I did not recieve any call. You posted about doing 200 receivers on 12-21-2012 at 03:37 PM, yet I checked my sent emails and I sent you my order at 12-21-2012 at 04:27 PM. Weird how that worked out, eh? Can anyone here confirm they recieved a call?

Well thats poor business of you to advertise 200 then only sell 80, eh?
Doesn't sound like he does the forgings.

Do you want him to call out the company that is to have supplied the forgings, at the very time he wants more from them?

Or do you want him to do the best he can to communicate with customers and get back to work? He's not Verizon, he's a small business.

Amazing how all these folks waited until after Obama got elected to order, and are then shocked - yes, shocked - that they are in short supply. [shocked]

I did not recieve any call. You posted about doing 200 receivers on 12-21-2012 at 03:37 PM, yet I checked my sent emails and I sent you my order at 12-21-2012 at 04:27 PM. Weird how that worked out, eh? Can anyone here confirm they recieved a call?

Grow up, he was promised 200 forgings and only got 80. WTF is he supposed to do?

Grow up, he was promised 200 forgings and only got 80. WTF is he supposed to do?

This. Seriously dude, take your butthurt somewhere else. Redicilous. I'm sure John has been pounding beers and watching cartoons all day [rolleyes]. 80 lowers isn't bad at all. Thanks for your help with the firearm community. I only hear good things about your business.

I will admit that I misread the original post. I was under the impression that 120 receivers went to the MSP instead of the gun community. I apologize for calling you out for bad business.

I think some people put all their eggs in one basket. I personally tried to get my name on the list just for an excuse to go to Remsport. I knew full well going in I had a 50-50 chance. In the meantime I have bought 5 or 6 lowers so I'm not butthurt. You can go out and buy a lower today if you do some research. It's not that hard people. That being said, it is good to know that I didn't make the list for finality sake. I'll just need a new excuse to get up to Remsport.
+1 to John

I have called everyone that made the cut. We ended up with fewer forgings then planned and Ron had also promised some receivers to the Mass State Police based on the fact we were going to get more forgings then we ended up with.
If you did not get a call you did not make the cut.
I just got done with this yesterday. I had also posted this email request on my Face book page so it was not exclusive to Northeaseshooters.
Now the good news. I will hold onto the list over 500 requests for future production, although it will be a very large task to contact 500 people so I won't be calling anyone in the future. However I do think we won't need a request list because we will have enough production.
Once we have completed our current receiver contract it will free up capacity and we will be able to start cutting 5.56 AR receivers on billet so we will not have to look for forgings. I do not know what the time line is for this so don't ask, however once we are in production we will have plenty of receivers. When this happens I will announce availability and we will not have to use a list, however we will have to do purchase and pick up by appointment.
I would have liked to have had receivers for everyone unfortuntly this did not happen I am sorry.
Thank you
John

Thanks for the update.

Although I do think he over reacted in this post I find it hard to believe that if this information is correct that he would have not been in the top 80. I understand that he only got 80 instead of 200.... but in one hour after posting a list was starting he didn't make top 80? No bash to John or Remsport but If all that were promised to the MSP got priority then I feel that is wrong. LE has many channels to get product over the non LE. I think you guys were a little harsh on Mike

I was there when he was rolling them out for a different matter, a gun transfer. John was trying to spread the wealth as much as possible. He was as update about it as we are, and no, though I was there and on the list, I did not get one either. He played it by the book.

I am sorry this was a good intention that turned sour. It didn't come together like I planned. However there was never a guarantee that everyone or anyone on the list would get a lower. 250 were planned Ron was only able to get 80. Based on the 250 200 were going to be available to requests 50 to the State Police. Ron had promised the Mass State police receivers based on the 250 number. Unfortunately when the dust settled there weren’t many left for the request list? I am sorry I even started the request list because now I have over 500 requests and a lot of these people believe they were promised lowers. This was never the case. I tried and unfortunately it didn't work out this time. Don't you think I would have wanted to sell as many of these that I could, and thank you for your support. Once we are able to start producing more lowers out of billets I will announce it for the NES people first.
John

Thanks John.

I've dealt with John many times and I can say without a doubt that John is an upstanding business man and we are lucky to have him in the gun community.

And if anyone has a problem with him I'll come visit you in your dreams !!!!!!!

Do people honestly think that 10 or 20 or 300 lowers wouldn't be spoken for in 10 minutes? GMAFB.

I have met John multiple times, bought multiple things off of him, and he is more than fair, and is always willing to go out of his way to help his customers. I was there purchasing some LPK's with another NES'er when the whole thing went down, when he found out he was shorted. It was a surprise to him as well. I didn't make the cut either. Do you see me whining about it??? Nope. Move on.

The butthurt on NES sometimes is unreal. Like a bunch of whiny, day lady babies.

Do people honestly think that 10 or 20 or 300 lowers wouldn't be spoken for in 10 minutes? GMAFB.

I have met John multiple times, bought multiple things off of him, and he is more than fair, and is always willing to go out of his way to help his customers. I was there purchasing some LPK's with another NES'er when the whole thing went down, when he found out he was shorted. It was a surprise to him as well. I didn't make the cut either. Do you see me whining about it??? Nope. Move on.

The butthurt on NES sometimes is unreal. Like a bunch of whiny, day lady babies.

+1 - I have met John a couple of times as well and have had nothing short of superb service from him.

I am sorry this was a good intention that turned sour. It didn't come together like I planned. However there was never a guarantee that everyone or anyone on the list would get a lower. 250 were planned Ron was only able to get 80. Based on the 250 200 were going to be available to requests 50 to the State Police. Ron had promised the Mass State police receivers based on the 250 number. Unfortunately when the dust settled there weren’t many left for the request list? I am sorry I even started the request list because now I have over 500 requests and a lot of these people believe they were promised lowers. This was never the case. I tried and unfortunately it didn't work out this time. Don't you think I would have wanted to sell as many of these that I could, and thank you for your support. Once we are able to start producing more lowers out of billets I will announce it for the NES people first.
John

People are stupid and selfish, even our people.....

+1 for john. Great guy, fair, and makes a good product. Thanks for the update. Ill look forward to when u have more available.

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S III

Guys if John had 300 or 400 receivers don't you think he could have sold them all.
Get over it, he only could get the material for 80.
There will be more in the future.
And as others have said if you didn't plan ahead or not put all of your eggs in one basket then it's your fault.

If he had 200 or 250 of them he'd still be turning people away, think about that.

smitty

Last edited:
John
Now this is a good business model [wink]
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...state-local-agency-law-enforcement-sales.html

Last edited:
I think some people put all their eggs in one basket. I personally tried to get my name on the list just for an excuse to go to Remsport. I knew full well going in I had a 50-50 chance. In the meantime I have bought 5 or 6 lowers so I'm not butthurt. You can go out and buy a lower today if you do some research. It's not that hard people. That being said, it is good to know that I didn't make the list for finality sake. I'll just need a new excuse to get up to Remsport.
+1 to John

Will see John at the end of the month and I am psyched to work on a project with him...I am bringing him a lower, but excited to work with someone that has such a passion for a custom build.

He has been great on communicating even over following up with me when I meant to call him back.

+1 for John

Back
Top Bottom