UPDATE: 7/2/13 Gabrielle Giffords on a trip to nh to infringe on our rights!

Can I sue him for taking my words and quoting them to some one else in a news article? He clearly had neither of our permission to use our names or our material in his article. Not to mention it brings unwanted attention to me, our forum, and Soloman? If we lived in mass it could bring suitability issues on us.

Can I sue him for taking my words and quoting them to some one else in a news article? He clearly had neither of our permission to use our names or our material in his article. Not to mention it brings unwanted attention to me, our forum, and Soloman? If we lived in mass it could bring suitability issues on us.

Hate to say this...but you're SOL on all counts. He doesn't require your permission to neither use snippets of what you said nor to attribute your name to said snippets.

You could sue him for libel...if he made the quotes up (which he apparently didn't--my inability to find them initially was because I was looking for Soloman and not you).

Hate to say this...but you're SOL on all counts. He doesn't require your permission to neither use snippets of what you said nor to attribute your name to said snippets.

You could sue him for libel...if he made the quotes up (which he apparently didn't--my inability to find them initially was because I was looking for Soloman and not you).

So he did make them up because Soloman didn't say any of it, those were my words.

So he did make them up because Soloman didn't say any of it, those were my words.

That's different. The word's were written, just mis-attributed. As he mis-attributed them to someone else, you have no standing (as they can cause you no harm if attributed to someone else, however falsely). If he does the right thing and edits the article to attribute them to you, you still don't have standing (if you actually did write those words).

IANAL and other disclaimer goodness.

That's different. The word's were written, just mis-attributed. As he mis-attributed them to someone else, you have no standing (as they can cause you no harm if attributed to someone else, however falsely). If he does the right thing and edits the article to attribute them to you, you still don't have standing (if you actually did write those words).

IANAL yada yada.

I only care if the Alphabet soup agency's visit me over a non threatening message.

Protest, protest, open carry.

I am still going to be there (with a friend) at noon tomorrow. If they are not there, I can still hit up Rileys, Outpost and Acme.

If you have tomorrow off, please stop by at Noon. If they don't show the gun stores are still open. And lets be honest, who doesn't want to go to a gun store?

GONH posted the itinerary to facebook.

The information is all conflicting. I don't know what to believe. GONH did not say where or how they got this information.

Gun Owners of New Hampshire Inc., the largest state level firearms rights organization in NH was not contacted by Gabby Giffords or her husband or their organization to discuss any firearms related topics concerning New Hampshire. Their organization is citing statistics that GONH considers biased and we have not seen any data to back up these claims. We also do not know anyone that has been contacted as part of the polling to contribute to these statistics.If any patriots can attend any of these events and report back to us it would be greatly appreciated.

MEDIA ADVISORY

JULY 4, 2013

GABBY GIFFORDS, MARK KELLY BRING “RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES TOUR” TO NEW HAMPSHIRE

CO-FOUNDERS OF AMERICANS FOR RESPONSIBLE SOLUTIONS JOINED BY LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS AND SUPPORTERS

Manchester, ND – As new polling confirms the popularity of expanded background checks in New Hampshire, Former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and retired astronaut and combat veteran Captain Mark Kelly will bring the seven state, seven day Rights and Responsibilities Tour<http://americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/news/gabby-giffords-mark-kelly-to-kick-off-rights-and-responsibilities-tour/> to Manchester, Whitefield and Portsmouth on Thursday, July 4 and Friday, July 5, 2013.

The tour will rally supporters and remind elected officials that our cherished Second Amendment rights demand great responsibility.

“I’ve been around guns my whole life, and I know that as an American, my right to own a firearm goes hand in hand with my obligation to be a responsible gun owner and to do my part to make sure guns don’t fall into the hands of criminals or dangerously mentally ill people,” said ARS co-founder Captain Mark Kelly. “Both Senator Ayotte and the people of New Hampshire have spoken, but when it comes to protecting the safety and upholding the gun rights of Granite Staters, they're saying different things. Senator Ayotte has the capacity to lead. Gabby, the people of New Hampshire, and I are waiting.”

*** Only credentialed media will be admitted. Reporters must RSVP for more information ***

In New Hampshire, Giffords and Kelly will:

- Meet with local gun owners at Village Gun Shop on July 5 at 9:30 AM. 4 King Square, Whitefield, NH 03598 (press avail at 9:50 AM)

- Go shooting at a local firearms range in Whitefield, NH on July 5 at 10:20 AM (open press)

- Participate in press conference with law enforcement at the Millyard Museum on July 5 at 2:30 PM. 200 Bedford Street, Manchester, NH 03101 (media set-up at 2:00 PM)

As far as I know, the sidewalk is public property.

GONH posted the itinerary to facebook.

The information is all conflicting. I don't know what to believe. GONH did not say where or how they got this information.

As far as I know, the sidewalk is public property.

We know the next gun store to boycott, I don't support stores that welcome gun grabbers.

I am still going to be there (with a friend) at noon tomorrow. If they are not there, I can still hit up Rileys, Outpost and Acme.

If you have tomorrow off, please stop by at Noon. If they don't show the gun stores are still open. And lets be honest, who doesn't want to go to a gun store?

Soloman02 and others, we are open until 7pm today if you have time to stop by after the meeting at Noon.

You wouldn't think hosting her would be the wisest move for a gun shop in N.H.
I'm sure his business will boom right after.. not

The Giffords and ANY other anti-gun people will never be allowed inside Acme Armament.

I tried to post but the site went down right before I was able to. Since the handlers slyly changed the venue and time, turnout was not what it would have been. Being a weekday didn't help either. Only about 7-8 of us were there. However, NO ONE from the antis was there, paid or otherwise. Ayotte never showed up and we never saw Gabby or Mark enter or leave the building. For all we know, they were never actually there, though there were a couple police officers inside so my bet is they were there. No police outside either.

The only photo I took. It is a little out of focus.

IMG_00000092.jpg

WMUR was reporting and took a statement from someone there. He was articulate enough I believe.

I tried to post but the site went down right before I was able to. Since the handlers slyly changed the venue and time, turnout was not what it would have been. Being a weekday didn't help either. Only about 7-8 of us were there. However, NO ONE from the antis was there, paid or otherwise. Ayotte never showed up and we never saw Gabby or Mark enter or leave the building. For all we know, they were never actually there, though there were a couple police officers inside so my bet is they were there. No police outside either.

The only photo I took. It is a little out of focus.

View attachment 72000

WMUR was reporting and took a statement from someone there. He was articulate enough I believe.

Try to be clever, and 9 times out of 10 you just confuse your own supporters. Serves them right.

They don't need their side to show up as protestors, just the news to report the "event" inside as if it was some kind of big deal.

Maybe some polite phone calls to the Whitefield store to let them know how we feel about them hosting a gun grabber. The press will never be on our side, until the first amendment gets the same criticism that the 2nd gets, and be then it will be too late.
Guns bought and sold, all types of firearms | Village Gun Store
4 King Square Whitefield, NH 03598
(603) 837-2345

Leave a negative reccomendation on FB. I don't think they can delete those.

From Village Gun Store's Facebook page:

The Mark Kelly visit ... what actually happened. Mark Kelly visited our store on 7/5. I agreed to the visit, with reservations, seeing it as an opportunity to present a pro-gun counterpoint to his agenda. I negotiated a private meeting with him before his public discussion in the store. I was able to explain to him why I opposed the now rejected background check bill, and why I also supported Kelly Ayotte's vote against it. I explained why I considered any magazine restrictions or limits on AR style rifles pointless, and also why I had problems with who would decide which mental health issues would prevent a person from buying a gun.

The discussion then moved to the store, where a strongly pro-gun crowd continued the give and take with him. The discussion remained civil, although he got virtually no support from anyone there. He then decided to buy a rifle from me, and bought a 30-06 Savage bolt action. He wanted to shoot, so we took him to a local range and let him shoot his new rifle. I set up some Tannerite exploding targets, but he didn't have much luck hitting at 100 yards. I popped one with my Weatherby Vanguard MOA .223, with one shot of course , and he asked if he could try my rifle. I let him shoot my gun and he was able to hit on the first shot. That was the end of the visit and he and his entourage left.

I agreed to this visit only so I, and the many friends and customers who attended this visit, could express our objections to his agenda on a first hand basis. I am, and always have been, a strong supporter of our second amendment rights. I see nothing wrong in engaging the opposition whenever I have the chance to do so. I would debate any anti-gun person or group if i had the chance to do so. I have never received a single personal reply to any email I have ever sent to any politician concerning gun issues. The Mark Kelly visit, for me, was a chance to finally get into a one on one situation with an anti-gun individual who actually agreed to talk with me.

Based on the fact that I let him in my store, many gun owners somehow feel that I am now anti-gun and have joined "the other side." That's simply not true, and none of my opinions have changed in the least. In fact, I think I may be even more frustrated now than I was before I allowed this visit since it probably has had no positive effect at all. I thought it was good idea, I tried to score some pro-gun points, and that was it. Sorry if that offended people, since that certainly wasn't the intent.

From Village Gun Store's Facebook page:

The Mark Kelly visit ... what actually happened. Mark Kelly visited our store on 7/5. I agreed to the visit, with reservations, seeing it as an opportunity to present a pro-gun counterpoint to his agenda. I negotiated a private meeting with him before his public discussion in the store. I was able to explain to him why I opposed the now rejected background check bill, and why I also supported Kelly Ayotte's vote against it. I explained why I considered any magazine restrictions or limits on AR style rifles pointless, and also why I had problems with who would decide which mental health issues would prevent a person from buying a gun.

The discussion then moved to the store, where a strongly pro-gun crowd continued the give and take with him. The discussion remained civil, although he got virtually no support from anyone there. He then decided to buy a rifle from me, and bought a 30-06 Savage bolt action. He wanted to shoot, so we took him to a local range and let him shoot his new rifle. I set up some Tannerite exploding targets, but he didn't have much luck hitting at 100 yards. I popped one with my Weatherby Vanguard MOA .223, with one shot of course , and he asked if he could try my rifle. I let him shoot my gun and he was able to hit on the first shot. That was the end of the visit and he and his entourage left.

I agreed to this visit only so I, and the many friends and customers who attended this visit, could express our objections to his agenda on a first hand basis. I am, and always have been, a strong supporter of our second amendment rights. I see nothing wrong in engaging the opposition whenever I have the chance to do so. I would debate any anti-gun person or group if i had the chance to do so. I have never received a single personal reply to any email I have ever sent to any politician concerning gun issues. The Mark Kelly visit, for me, was a chance to finally get into a one on one situation with an anti-gun individual who actually agreed to talk with me.

Based on the fact that I let him in my store, many gun owners somehow feel that I am now anti-gun and have joined "the other side." That's simply not true, and none of my opinions have changed in the least. In fact, I think I may be even more frustrated now than I was before I allowed this visit since it probably has had no positive effect at all. I thought it was good idea, I tried to score some pro-gun points, and that was it. Sorry if that offended people, since that certainly wasn't the intent.

Please, how could he be so clueless.
You think they would have wasted time going there if there wasn't something they could use for the "agenda"?
Either the guy will be severly misquoted on something he said ,or another "see how easy it was to buy a gun" deal.
No matter what, it won't be good for us

Last edited:
Please, how could he be so clueless.
You think they would have wasted time going there if there wasn't something they could use for the "agenda"?
Either the guy will be severly misquoted on something he said ,or another "see how easy it was to buy a gun" deal.
No matter what, it won't be good for us

Thought he could make some gokd points...And then set him up with tannerite? Grade A ****ing moron.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom