UPDATE: 7/2/13 Gabrielle Giffords on a trip to nh to infringe on our rights!

Huh? She doesn't want to be (or feels ineffective at being) in office, running a staff of ten, working 18 hour days living in Washington half the time for whatever reason doesn't mean she can't form opinions on things.

You're smoking some serious crack if you think any of that crap is true. She resigned because she probably doesn't want to be seen as a female version of Strom Thurmond or Robert Byrd when they were in their "decade of deterioration". It's quite obvious her computer doesn't work the same way it used to. That doesn't mean she can't have an opinion though, even one that is pretty offensive.

-Mike

she didn't start in on this immediately, either. her spaceman wussy anti of a husband started all this, then she got dragged in, and whammo, she's a prop.

My bet is someone waved some cash under his nose. I mean it's not like they were dirt poor, but with her out of the house, and him not being an astronaut anymore, the gravy train wasn't pulling into the station.... until George Soros or one of his delegated minions showed up on the scene. Even if its not Soros its abundantly clear that she's being exploited for her notoriety.

-Mike

You're smoking some serious crack if you think any of that crap is true. She resigned because she probably doesn't want to be seen as a female version of Strom Thurmond or Robert Byrd when they were in their "decade of deterioration". It's quite obvious her computer doesn't work the same way it used to. That doesn't mean she can't have an opinion though, even one that is pretty offensive.

-Mike
My god man, wth did I say that isn't true? She obviously doesn't want to or is ineffective at doing the things that congress critters do so she resigned. Wth? We both then come to the same conclusion but you're taking umbrage enough with my description of what they do to call me a crack head?

Get a grip on Mr. mod, get a grip.

As far as what her computer can or can't do, she's able to read aloud and emphasise certain words and walk and talk and without a chance to chat with her for a while, and not being a neurologist, I can make no informed conclusions about her mental acuity.

I have known several people trapped inside a brain that has trouble speaking and others whose poor speech abilities were their strongest asset. You can't tell by looking at them briefly. You have to be able to ask questions and get answers and evaluate them for yourself, and unless you've had access to Giffords or there have been articles about her mental state about which I am unaware...

I think I have some broccoli in the fridge. I'll go ask it what it thinks about my gun rights. It's opinion is just as relevant.

It doesn't matter what she thinks. It doesn't matter if 99.9% of the population thinks we shouldn't have gun rights. We have a Constitution that protects our rights regardless of what the useful idiots and Jason's broccoli "think".

Carpetbagger

carpetbag01b.jpg

Unfortunately, it seems people have drunk the kool-aid that one party is always bad and one party is always good for guns.
no cool aid drinker . I know in this state , 70% of people are either Democrate or Left leaning independant, most people here grew up in Democrat households so there is always gonna be bias towards the Dems, but if you line up all the Democrats that want some gun control and all the repubs that want gun control , the DEMS would be WAAAY down the road on the Repubs. If you cant see that in the politics of the past 25 yrs , your in DENIAL. The Repubs haven't held the line but they are way better , and I dont think they ever put forth a bill or law to restict guns !

Hmmmm.....

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Executive Department
State House Boston, MA 02133
(617) 725-4000

Mitt Romney, Governor
Kerry Healey, Lieutenant Governor

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, July 1, 2004

ROMNEY SIGNS OFF ON PERMANENT ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN

In a move that will help keep the streets and neighborhoods of Massachusetts safe, Governor Mitt Romney today signed into law a permanent assault weapons ban that forever makes it harder for criminals to get their hands on these dangerous guns.

“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts,” Romney said, at a bill signing ceremony with legislators, sportsmen’s groups and gun safety advocates. “These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”

Like the federal assault weapons ban, the state ban, put in place in 1998, was scheduled to expire in September. The new law ensures these deadly weapons, including AK-47s, UZIs and Mac-10 rifles, are permanently prohibited in Massachusetts no matter what happens on the federal level.

“We are pleased to mark an important victory in the fight against crime,” said Lieutenant Governor Kerry Healey. “The most important job of state government is ensuring public safety. Governor Romney and I are determined to do whatever it takes to stop the flood of dangerous weapons into our cities and towns and to make Massachusetts safer for law-abiding citizens.”. . . . . . . . . . .“Never before has there been such bi-partisan cooperation in the passage of gun safety legislation of this magnitude in this nation,” said John Rosenthal, co-founder and chair of Stop Handgun Violence. “I applaud the leadership of the Governor, Senate President, House Speaker and entire Legislature for passage of this assault weapons ban renewal. They have shown that Massachusetts can continue to lead the nation in protecting the public and law enforcement from military style assault weapons.”

I know he sign off on it , the Dems would have gotten it without him and you know thats true, please dont get me wrong the repubs have fault ! But the Dems fall in lockstep , other than a few, as being Anti gun. How is this not seen here ? Never vote Dem , the repubs will be better for our rights in this state and if we lose rights quicker with the dems ? Its a case of when we lose more rights nationaly I think if Dems keep control.

I feel the same way. I had sympathy for them and their loss. When they turned their sights on my rights to protect myself and my family from such horrible acts I said F them.

That's it boys. If you keep up the attitude of blaming the victims of gun violence your rights will be stripped even quicker. We all know Gabriel Giffords name but how many of you could name her shooter? Its the crazy people that commit these senseless acts that should be your enemy. Think you Meatheads.

That's it boys. If you keep up the attitude of blaming the victims of gun violence your rights will be stripped even quicker. We all know Gabriel Giffords name but how many of you could name her shooter? Its the crazy people that commit these senseless acts that should be your enemy. Think you Meatheads.
Laughner but I wish I didn't know it at all, and I wish the media would never print or say his name again, which is why I misspelled it.

We should know the victim's name instead of the shooter's name, dontcha think, Mr. Name Caller?

Last edited:

How confused can any one person be. No one is blaming her for being a victim. They are blaming her for her actions since becoming a victim, and refusing to overlook those actions simply because she was a victim.

It's usually the other way around, the media and antigun people glorify the killer creating years of copycat crimes. I know his name, but I am not going to say it for here same reason Quiet mentioned.

I don't think people are blaming the victim when they say they lost sympathy when the victim used their story to try to take our rights. The victim is blaming us and the things we own for what was done to them. That is no less bigoted than a victim of a crime blaming everyone the same color or ethnicity of their attacker(s).

It is an ignoant act of violence on your neighbors and unacceptable. You should expect to suffer the social consequences of doing so. Shame on her for blaming people who had nothing to do with her attack.

I have often said that I do not expect objectivity and rational response from the victims of crime, but I demand that they not use government to attack me and my rights. I had nothing to do with her attack, nor did anything I own. I did not call for restriction of her rights for her involvement with politics and association with people bringing harm to me, I expect the same from her.

I got the INFO!!!!!!

The Puritan Backroom 245 Hooksett Road Manchester, NH 03104 July 5 - doors open at 12:00 pm
My friend RSVP'd on their site and he was provided this info.

Me and the same friend will be outside open carrying.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom