Update 2/21 Westford Ban

Re: Westford Ban - UPDATE 2/20

The citizens petition was already after the deadline. The selectmen voted tonight to finalize the warrant without reopening it, so the citizens petition is dead. As far as this annual town meeting, the gun ban is toast.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Excellent work every one. I hear the citizens petition was killed too. So it appears over. Thanks for deb, al and Jeff's hard work.

ETA and every one else's hard work. This is how you defeat these attempts.

The citizens petition was already after the deadline. The selectmen voted tonight to finalize the warrant without reopening it, so the citizens petition is dead. As far as this annual town meeting, the gun ban is toast.

Great news. I am so happy that the idiot selectmen pushing this got slapped upside the head -- hard -- pour encourager les autres.

Last edited:
Westford Ban - UPDATE 2/20

Just heard the news! You all did a fantastic job defeating this. Let this be a lesson for other towns.

-JR

Should be a concerted effort to make sure the selectman who was the lead on bringing this ban up in the first place is not re-elected next year.

Doesn't this ban go against something in the Declaration of Independence? If the Ban actually went through wouldn't that pretty much put the Westford Sportsman's Club out of business, and if it didn't, don't you think it would definitely be dentrimental to their business???

The Declaration of Independence is not law.

Great news. I am so happy that the idiot selectmen pushing this got slapped upside the head -- hard -- pour encourager les autres.

He's up for reelection this spring and facing pro 2a opposition....

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Awesome turnout, and a great result. Now we need to vote these clowns out of office.

Was it me, or were Ross and Jeffries talking to us like we were a bunch of knuckle-draggers? What a couple of condescending douchebags.

Great news.
Thank you Deb for all you've done for this effort.
It was nice meeting you at the Rally in Boston.

What a job by the people of Westford and Debra and Al! Can't forget the people from the surrounding towns! I heard they had simulcast overflow in the gymnasium.

The dude with the beard in the second photo is the source of all the trouble.

Photo%20Feb%2020%2C%207%2029%2046%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Feb%2020%2C%207%2029%2053%20PM.jpg

That's awesome. Great work! Now, focus on sending a real message and make this cost Jeffries his little throne of power. That will send a real message to a lot of people in this state who get their jollies off trying to control the serfs.

Thanks to Deb, Westfordpro2a and all the others for help getting this stopped.

That was some applause after the second selectwoman spoke.

Glad to meet a few NES folks over there.

James

Congrats everyone...great job organizing and coming together when the town, and state needed you the most...it makes me proud to see everyone show this Jeffries guy that were not going to go quietly into the night...

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Thanks to Deb, Westfordpro2a and all the others for help getting this stopped.

That was some applause after the second selectwoman spoke. I sure hope the media airs some of that on the news this evening.

I was glad to meet a few NES folks over there and to see some of the folks who were at Boxborough.

And while is might be early in the game, it gave me a hopeful feeling, that if we continue to unite, we might turn the tide. Just a thought...

I attended the Westford meeting. 1st agenda item was REMOVAL of the article related to gun control. No ban in Westford.

Back
Top Bottom