Update 2/21 Westford Ban

Thanks to Deb, Westfordpro2a and all the others for help getting this stopped.

That was some applause after the second selectwoman spoke. I sure hope the media airs some of that on the news this evening.

I was glad to meet a few NES folks over there and to see some of the folks who were at Boxborough.

And while is might be early in the game, it gave me a hopeful feeling, that if we continue to unite, we might turn the tide. Just a thought...

Just a reminder - this is NOT over! This battle has been won but there will be many more. We may again have to fight this here in Westford and we certainly have our work cut out at the state and national level. I will not rest until our Second Amendment is fully recognized!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you to all who showed up tonight!

Fire Chief told me we had more than 550 people there!

The next effort should be to get something that would prevent any firearms bans being enacted in the town.

Re: Westford Ban - UPDATE 2/20

I couldn't make it, I've got friends in westford, thanks to everyone who was there in my stead! Congrats to the 2a crowd, I'll be at the next one for sure!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I was there as a non-res and it felt great to hear the unanimous vote shutting this down. Thanks to the everyone who got involved. I even met a fellow NESer, but I wish I had gotten there earlier to meet more!

Anyone else hear the woman in the gym whining, "Come back! Come back!" ?

Re: Westford Ban - UPDATE 2/20

Congrats to everyone who helped make this happen.

So if it was unanimous, even Jeffries voted against his own proposal? He mist have learned from John Kerry: he voted for it before he voted against it.

Special thanks to Deb. She worked VERY hard at organizing this! We need to take this as a lesson; we are ALL in this together. Together, we stand, shoulder to shoulder. At town level. At state level. Even at FEDERAL level. We CAN win. Westford proved that tonight. I am on a border town of Westford, but it felt AMAZING to be part of that. Jeffries looked smug, before, and utterly defeated, afterwards. His brief interview after the fact, he pretty much called foul, claiming he didnt know how many were actually residents. I dont think he truly understands that the entire STATE was watching this. Had it gone the other way, it could very well prompted other towns to try it. By seeing that many people (it overflowed into the gym), we showed solidarity. It was truly an amazing feeling.
To residents of Westford; I spoke with a couple residents there tonight. They are considering recalling Jeffries from Selectman. Now, I dont know the process, but one gentleman I spoke with, said he plans on going forward with this ASAP. Please look into this-if we show the state how will simply will NOT stand for an infringement, and will get these people removed-that will send as VERY strong message. We have the momentum NOW.

Great job everyone (especially Deb). I wish I could have been there.

clap.gif

Ignorant politicians never think of the unintended consequences of their moronic actions. Now they have shaken the bees nest. Patriots have been united, tasted success tonight in Westford and ready for the next challenge.

Well done, all. You've earned a pint and a good night's rest. And you'll need it, because tomorrow, we're taking it to the state!

Westford Ban - UPDATE 2/20

Just a reminder - this is NOT over! This battle has been won but there will be many more. We may again have to fight this here in Westford and we certainly have our work cut out at the state and national level. I will not rest until our Second Amendment is fully recognized!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you to all who showed up tonight!

Fire Chief told me we had more than 550 people there!

It's never over. The woman in concord returned three times before her ban on bottled water finally passed. Expect to see a citizen petition on this next year.

Note: pure speculation, but these people never rest.

Great to see such a good turnout. Selectmen member Valerie Wormell got a standing round of applause when she commented that such matters should be handled at the state and federal level. Following which we were admonished by Selectmen Chair Kelly Ross for being overly expressive. While concluding the matter, Mr. Ross noted that he could understand the disappointment of those who supported the amendment and noted there were numerous places they could get support and information. Too bad he didn't also note that there are places for us that were against the amendment could also get support. Definitely time to change the membership of the BOS in upcoming elections.

Wow. Fox just swept how serious the ban actually was and focused on "assault weapons" and "high capacity mags" instead. At least they briefly showed the ovation.

Back
Top Bottom