Update 2/21 Westford Ban

Just a big Shout out to PennyPincher for her great efforts in keeping us up to date with this BS...Much appreciated.

Last edited:
I have to apologize that I cannot make this meeting. As I expected one of the only evenings this week I can't make it and the meeting drops on it.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE anybody reading this thread available to go tonight SHOW UP. We need everyone we can to help send a statement. Sorry from myself and thanks to all that keep up the good fight on our behalf.

Thank you

blush.gif

I don't live or own there, but I drive through Westford often, and I'm showing up.
Since I won't be allowed to carry my firearm on the school grounds, I'll expect a large police presence there to keep me safe. Hopefully, there's enough money in the town's budget to cover the overtime.

While it's only a minor technicality [wink]....
I don't believe Westford has the authority to pass such a law. Can someone correct me on this? Towns only have the authority that is designated to them by the Commonwealth and can not creat their own civil laws without state approval. Likewise if the state legislature has enacted a law dealing with a certain subject matter, the town has no authority to legislate the same issue. I know most town government leaders think they can do whatever they want, but I think the limits on their power prevent this (aside from the Constitution obviously).

Does anyone know which building entrance will be in use tonight? I have trouble walking and hope to park as close as possible to the auditorium's entrance.

Does anyone know which building entrance will be in use tonight? I have trouble walking and hope to park as close as possible to the auditorium's entrance.

The meeting is in the auditorium, which is on the far right side as you approach the school. The closest parking is in the side lot, on the right after you pass the townhouses. There is a row of handicap spaces in that lot as well.

There is plenty of parking behind the school for those of us who don't mind the short walk.

StonyBrook_zpsfe6e1ff7.jpg

Last edited:
just got off the Michael Graham sow about 20 minutes ago. They are talking about us! I went on at 1pm and you will be able to hear me when they 'podcast' the episode.

Also, working on getting on wrko!!!

- - - Updated - - -

And YES, residents and non-residents can show up!

Channel 4 is rumored to be coming tonight so PLEASE remain calm and polite regardless of what happens!

non residents can attend all meetings .

tonight we need bodies!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to Jim Wallace for sending me the request from Michael Graham which led to me being on the air with him today.

The podcast with Michale Graham will be posted at 4pm today.

Shout out to GOAL

Thanks to Jim Wallace for sending me the request from Michael Graham which led to me being on the air with him today.

The podcast with Michale Graham will be posted at 4pm today.

I've never been "active" with attending public forums of any kind in the past. I can see a dominoe effect if this BS passes......I will be there! My wife is supporting it as well and will be with me! This crap has to stop!

I've never been "active" with attending public forums of any kind in the past. I can see a dominoe effect if this BS passes......I will be there! My wife is supporting it as well and will be with me! This crap has to stop!

Thanks. We need all the 'whackos' we can get.

So, if the ban proposed by the BOS of Westford, who by their own admission, know little or nothing about firearms or the prevailing gun laws, (1) violates the 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, (2) is preempted by state law, and (3) violates the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution right to due process insofar as the ban may constitute a regulatory taking, why is there a need to have a town meeting to discuss it?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm personally sick and tired of every leftist politician trying to make a name for themselves; seemingly serving only their own needs, or the needs of a select few, at the detriment of everyone else.

Residents and non-residents of Westford need to attend the hearing this evening and let it be known that you will not sit idle and allow your constitutional rights to be infringed upon. Although guns are at the center of this issue, I see this as an attack on the rights afforded to all U.S. citizens under the Second Amendment to the U.S Constitution. If we don't fight to keep our rights, we will certainly lose them because the liberals are unrelenting.

Re: Westford Ban - UPDATE 2/20

So, if the ban proposed by the BOS of Westford, who by their own admission, know little or nothing about firearms or the prevailing gun laws, (1) violates the 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, (2) is preempted by state law, and (3) violates the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution right to due process insofar as the ban may constitute a regulatory taking, why is there a need to have a town meeting to discuss it?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm personally sick and tired of every leftist politician trying to make a name for themselves; seemingly serving only their own needs, or the needs of a select few, at the detriment of everyone else.

Residents and non-residents of Westford need to attend the hearing this evening and let it be known that you will not sit idle and allow your constitutional rights to be infringed upon. Although guns are at the center of this issue, I see this as an attack on the rights afforded to all U.S. citizens under the Second Amendment to the U.S Constitution. If we don't fight to keep our rights, we will certainly lose them because the liberals are unrelenting.

We need to show that there are more of us, than them. Period. If we pack the house, we win. Jeffries said himself, this is his political grandstanding. So, we do the same. With more people. These are elected officials-they see the numbers opposing this, his support will crumble. Doing nothing, accomplishes nothing.

Using my galaxy s2 via tapatalk, because I am too lazy to find a computer

Back
Top Bottom