Ughh what?

Here's their statement on the Methuen case and pre-ban mag sales:

Now that the case is over, I would like to set the facts straight regarding our involvement in the arrest of a young man in Methuen. To make it short… we notified the ATF of a straw purchase as we thought we were being set-up, since the ATF showed up on Monday morning for a surprise audit. The straw purchase had been completed on Saturday because the customer was put on delay from the purchase on Tuesday. Because of his phone calls, Gary, while doing his paperwork (recording the 4473 forms, which includes recording delays and denials) discovered that his brother had come into our store to purchase an AK and was denied a week before. This prompted us to review the surveillance videos, which revealed quite clearly that a straw purchase was being made. The video showed him, his father and brother having discussions outside the store in the parking lot and going in and out several times on Tuesday. It also showed his father and brother telling him what kind of gun to buy. When he came in to pick up his gun on Saturday, the video also showed the brother passing him the money below the counter and his father was pacing back and forth very nervously. So, Mike Jr, Gary, Ed and I decided to bring this to the ATF’s attention, thinking we were being set-up by the ATF. These videos were turned over to the FBI. We were told not to reveal or comment on this case. It is not our fault that the charges were dropped, even though he testified under oath in court of making a straw purchase. It is common knowledge that all phone calls made to police departments are recorded and those calls are accessible to the public. No where in the Methuen police log or any police log in Massachusetts will you find any phone calls made by me or any employees. All the comments about us pertaining to racism, calling and reporting to the police are false. We did not report to any police department of any person being in possession of high capacity magazines. The newspaper reporting this received their information from an unreliable source who made false and misleading statements about us and the case. If anyone has any further questions or concerns on this matter they can stop by Saturday mornings between 9am and 10am. We will try to answer all question.
I find it greatly disheartening that over the course of one year, not one person has asked or approached me regarding what happened last September. A local gun forum has criticized us on nothing more than speculation. We enjoy the firearms sports as much or even more than most. I am not apologizing for anything; we are under fire not only from you, but from federal and state agencies as well. We have to obey the laws and satisfy you at the same time. Not easy in Massachusetts. Just last month a police officer reported to the state that we were selling Glock high capacity magazines (the police officer didn’t know what constitutes a pre-ban magazine). We got a visit from the state, ready to take our license off the wall. It was a pre-ban dated magazine that went with a used Glock. To avoid a situation like that again, we decided it would be best not to sell any pre-ban magazines again. So criticize us as you may, as we know you will, however we are doing our best on both ends.

Meh, even if it wasn't for the incident in question, I still wouldn't go back.
Mike, try and hire counter help that doesn't treat women customers like yours do and you might get more business.
My wife walked in with $1400 dollars in her pocket and ended up walking right back out with it because of your condescending chimps.
BTW , she's been shooting longer than some of them have been alive.

Here's their statement on the Methuen case and pre-ban mag sales:
If this was indeed the case in the matter, I don't think anyone could blame them for covering their own ass if they felt a straw purchase was taking place.

Now their prices on the other hand are always ridiculous. If it weren't for the fact that I collect vintage stuff I wouldn't even walk in there.

So my father just called me and says there's a new gun store in New Durham, and there were some nice folks there, good selection of guns, ammo, powder, yada, yada..... I guess they're open for business now. I told the old man to steer clear until I can show him all the facts as I know them on their shenanigans as NSF, then he can make his own mind up.

From NSF firearms website:

We decided not to sell, we are here for the long run...about 12 more years. Don't forget to visit us up north if you are in the neighborhood.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Even though gun sales have slowed down throughout the country, we still remain the second largest in sales in Massachuetts. Mostly in part due to the horrendous publicity that we have received from some of the members of the 'North East Shooters' forum. That kind of criticism spread across America like lightning across the sky. Be that as it may, that publicity, brought us more customers that just amazed us to no end. On that note, we are opening a new store in New Durham, NH. East Central Arms, 30 Depot Rd. located on Rt. 11, just south of Lake Winnipesaukee. We are looking forward to forums such as 'North East Shooters' to get the word out.

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

I think i drove by that place on the way to Winnepesauki a couple of weeks back.....Wife said stop there....I'm like no.....just want to get to the arcade...lol

Let me translate... I speak business owner:

"We're not moving because no one in their right mind would buy this place"...

Yup, that's the likely scenario. Or they found out that the price they're asking is based upon emotion rather than reality.

Having run my own business for 30 years, and having many friends who also own their own business, we tend to misdirect. When I ask someone how business is and they say "It's OK", it means business sucks. If they say business is "good", that means break even. If they say "really good" it means they're eeking out a small profit.

Selling a business can mean many things, but rarely will one sell a business that is thriving. When customers are lined up at the door pushing money in it's just too easy to ring the cash register and ride the wave. It's a great feeling.

Let me translate... I speak business owner:

"We're not moving because no one in their right mind would buy this place"...

Yup, that's the likely scenario. Or they found out that the price they're asking is based upon emotion rather than reality.

Having run my own business for 30 years, and having many friends who also own their own business, we tend to misdirect. When I ask someone how business is and they say "It's OK", it means business sucks. If they say business is "good", that means break even. If they say "really good" it means they're eeking out a small profit.

Selling a business can mean many things, but rarely will one sell a business that is thriving. When customers are lined up at the door pushing money in it's just too easy to ring the cash register and ride the wave. It's a great feeling.
Very true, on all accounts!

Back
Top Bottom