Uber Bans Guns Carried By Drivers And Passengers In Policy Update

I have no idea what Uber is and don't really give a damn. I suspect it's some kind of metro car loaner....since I avoid cities like the plague I guess I don't need to worry how ****ed up Uber is

Doesn't know what Uber is, then pinches a loaf in thread. Come on dude, you can do better. [rofl]

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Seconded. Uber is already in a shit storm over employment status in multiple lawsuits, having driver "policies" will only weaken their position.

doesn't having driver "policies" turn the d rivers into employees? up for grabs here, but..............

As to Uber. In some areas it will work, in some it will fail. Like most businesses. I see that one former Boston area driver is now suspected in up to six sexual assaults, including one on a female Uber passenger. DNA has connected him to rapes going back about 10 years.

I wonder how extensive a background check Uber does on it's non employee, employees? This isn't to say that regular cab drivers can't be and some are, sketchy. To say the least.
They do background checks and have some nonsense "safe rides" fee for each ride, not sure how in depth it is... But when that story broke the media made it sound like he was a rapist because he drove for Uber. No, evidence says he was raping people in Boston long before Uber existed in Boston. If he didn't use Uber to do it again, I'm sure he'd use his job at XYZ company to do the same given the opportunity. And, because he'd never been caught, a background check, no matter how good, wouldn't reveal anything. Just more media twisting headlines for page views.

Not necessarily...

Prices being equal.. I have to think the average Uber driver will not smell like they just ran back to back marathons and has taken a shower in the past month, and their car will be more likely to not smell like a barnyard..

And many cabs I have been in, I question how that driver ever got a license at all.. Honking and not using brakes may be standard in Somalia or Pakistan.. Here, not so much..

Uber Bans Guns Carried By Drivers And Passengers In Policy Update

Good thing they don't ban pepper spray, stun-guns and collapsible batons.

A violent attack on a female Uber driver in Bend:

CT, I'm sure somewhere in the Microsoft terms of service agreement we all click on it says you can't fondle any firearms while using their product. It's probably way down in line 2386 or something

Good thing they don't ban pepper spray, stun-guns and collapsible batons.

A violent attack on a female Uber driver in Bend:

What a doooosh. Sounds to me like he f***ed with the wrong Uber driver, and she may have got medieval on his ass. The article indicates that she used all three weapons on her attacker. It's doubtful she had all three on her person. So... she probably pepper sprayed him, retrieved her baton and bludgeoned him, and then used her stun gun, hopefully on his gonads, to prevent further spread of his genes.
To which I would say, " Nice job Ma'am"

Back
Top Bottom