• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Uber Bans Guns Carried By Drivers And Passengers In Policy Update

pinetrees

NES Member
I wonder how this will operate in states that have binding signage gun free zones? In other states that don't, I'd say concealed means concealed. Uber driver who carries and has to use his gun in self-defense will lose his "job", but hey, at least he'll be alive. **** Uber.

I wonder how this will operate in states that have binding signage gun free zones? In other states that don't, I'd say concealed means concealed. Uber driver who carries and has to use his gun in self-defense will lose his "job", but hey, at least he'll be alive. **** Uber.

Indeed. I'm so sick of this ridiculous assumption that criminals bent on murder will adhere to gun laws and regulations. Tell me when that has ever worked? NEVER!

A fantastically f*cked up example of the f*cked up "common sense" pervading corporate America, American media, and.. Americans! Especially the younger yuppie /Facebook /Twitter/Mass Media controlled sheep crowd.."To make our passengers FEEL safe, we're now going to be "banning" firearms from our vehicles.. and our drivers and passengers must not carry them." blah-blah....
An Uber driver with a legal, licensed firearm STOPPED A MASSACRE when he was driving for the company... pulled his legal CCW and shot the wingnut who was about to MASSACRE a group of people. The driver is a hero. He saved countless lives (including maybe his own and his passenger, etc). It's as if an Uber driver in South Carolina and had just gotten out of his vehicle to help his passenger, an old lady into her church prayer meeting...
And while helping the old lady into church, he hears "I'M SICK OF BLACKS TAKING OVER THE WORLD" and sees some WINGNUT draw his weapon and aim it at the pastor and the prayer group. A heroic Uber driver draws his LEGAL ccw and fires, and the bowl-haircut-loon hits the pastor (instead of 8 more) as several hollow points from the hero's LEGAL WEAPON take the wingnut out... Uber's response to this? Fire the hero for bringing his "icky, scary" weapon to work, and "ban" (LOL! how??) guns from their vehicles... Cuz "Guns are Bad".. And I feel that the biggest problem in all of this??
Right now, millions of Americans are waking up, having coffee, reading about Uber's gun ban, and are saying to themselves (and to all their family and friends) "That's great. Good for Uber! Great idea"... (blah-blah)
This country is now FUBAR. Simply, totally, completely FUBAR and it's up to gun owners and our family and friends to tell everyone we know that Uber, and all other" gun free zone "proponents, are completely misguided and are helping to create even more violence and killing. It's the only way to counter this type of thought process that has infested and infected this nation. Especially the younger "Guns are Bad" crowd.

Stupid beyond words. Translation: Our lawyers and liability insurers don't care if you die while working for us provided we don't get sued.

Translation part 2: We will treat you as an employee while we use our lawyers to duck employer responsibilities by claiming you are an independent contractor. Uber scum.

I don't use them so I don't care. Even if I did...I would still carry. Nobody is frisking me before I get in any car. Additionally, now they just let the criminal world know where to find new victims....

I drove for über for a couple months. Carried every day. It was in the policy back then too, but no way I was driving around Roxbury at 2am unarmed

Some states with binding signage have very specific requirements as to the wording and side of the notice. For Uber to comply in TX, it would need a sign about 30inx40in on all public entrances (ie, both sides of the car) for it to be binding.

So....how you gonna know if I'm carrying concealed? Stupid liberal uber...

When someone tries to rob/rape/kill you and you defend yourself. Uber is simply making it so that their drivers and passengers are now much easier victims.

that's weird, i heard them describe themselves as a software company and that the drivers are not employees. can microsoft ban me from stroking my 686 while using internet explorer? they cant have have it both ways, sounds more like a transportation of taxicab service than a software company.

"Feel" safe, as opposed to "be" safe.

When policies are created over feelings, not only is it stupid, the people creating the policies know it's stupid too, otherwise they would have left out the feelings part. The fact that many people not only find this acceptable, but important, is asinine.

You'd be high as shit if you think I'd let strangers into my car without my having a gun.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

that's weird, i heard them describe themselves as a software company and that the drivers are not employees. can microsoft ban me from stroking my 686 while using internet explorer? they cant have have it both ways, sounds more like a transportation of taxicab service than a software company.

http://www.businessinsider.com/uber-and-lyft-employee-lawsuits-could-change-business-models-2015-6

Agreed - it is weird for them to just be an app that matches up drivers with passengers but then enforce various things that is normally only for employers to do to employees.

CA just ruled that since Uber dictates what kind of car you drive and other things, that they are employees.

You'd be high as shit if you think I'd let strangers into my car without my having a gun.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

+1
I can't think of a better time to carry than when entering a strangers car or having strangers enter mine.

How would one handle someone pointing a gun at them after already having been seated in your car?

The more Uber dictates specific working conditions, the weaker its case that drivers are "not employees" becomes.

How would one handle someone pointing a gun at them after already having been seated in your car?
It depends - if I had my seat belt on and they didn't, I'd drive into something solid.

Boycott Uber

Beyond uninstalling the app, what's the best way to let Uber know I will no longer be using their service, and why?

It depends - if I had my seat belt on and they didn't, I'd drive into something solid.
Even if the customer/robber did manage to get their seat-belt on, I'd still announce my intent to drive into something solid. Driver has airbags, back-seat passengers do not.

Back
Top Bottom