1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Trump doesn't like suppressors, update post 69, he's considering ban

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikeyp, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Dench

Dench

Besides SCOTUS Trump isnt exactly a rock star.

He's not a horror show but he's not the second coming. Comparing him to what if Clinton was there instead isnt doing any favors, because both are bad and they are bad for very different reasons.

We need to be thankful that the (D) party is a f***ing mess right now and they don't have enough intelligence to put someone like Tulsi Gabbard on the ticket, a person Trump would have major problems attacking due to her mojo being about 1,000x greater than his own. Ones a shit talker, the other is attractive well spoken woman who's a warrior in the literal sense.

The (D)'s are to busy attacking her for shit they dont like that she was associated with decades ago while they give Clinton a pass for doing the same in the same era. They are their own worse enemy.

meh, whatluck, KVX and 4 others like this.

2. oldguy68

oldguy68 NES Member

What are you going to do when Trump disappoints you again with his next "Pro-2nd Amendment law"?
    I'm sure he'll twitter it out and show unwavering support of it as he bans or does away with due process once again..

Oh well, I'm sure he is not done with bashing Rosie O"Donnell or John McCain yet.

Btw, he is everyone's president. Not just yours!

wahsben likes this.
  3. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

I recall during the early going of the primaries 4 years ago, he messed up his hair and recombed it on some interview. He has normal hair. There is no massive bald spot. He just fashions it that way. ON PURPOSE! "I like my hair this way," he said.

It was then that I started to realize that the dumb-hair, orange-faced guy is a persona. One he wears VERY well. One he uses to leverage his way into many successful negotiations.

What intelligent person with a proper agenda would wear that stupid hair and look that orange?? NO ONE!

Which is why he does it.

He DOES look like an orange orangutan. That's his point. He isn't one. But he wants the majority of people to believe that he is that pompous, low-self-esteem moron that spray-tans 3-4x a day.

So thank people that tell you he looks like an OO. He is. That's his point. You arguing or being offended at the statement would be like arguing water is not wet.

4. edmorseiii

edmorseiii Navy Veteran NES Member

Heathen and KVX like this.
  5. xtry51

xtry51 NES Member

Oh he's definitely being an ignorant a**h***.

Heathen likes this.
  6. Nick Fury

Nick Fury

I gotta figure out how to get $500 in the next month to bag one of these babies before they go away...

7. CoastieRon

CoastieRon NES Member

I was thinking on doing a form 1 build, sooner rather than later...

8. Coyote33

Coyote33

Is this like merit badges or something?

And who is this "Willes" guy?

AHM likes this.
  9. AHM

AHM NES Member

I used to pray I wouldn't do something stupid enough
    to get my parents poring over the Military Prep School directory.

Now I understand the concept even less...

Ya got me.
    We donate to Comm2A.
    Sigh.

mibro likes this.
  10. wahsben

wahsben NES Life Member NES Member

11. mibro

mibro NES Member

That....and you can spell "poring."

What the hell are you?

AHM likes this.
  12. Dench

Dench

I've been saying it for years. Most modern gun laws are the result of Terminator and Terminator II.

And no, it's not even a joke. Look at the time lines and bans shortly after. And then look at whats in those movies and what clueless people keep trying to ban.

Bob P and Coyote33 like this.
  13. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Yet we still don't have any robot laws. Or robot insurance! Oh Sam Waterston. Where are you????

14. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

90s correlated with the fallout from a few shootings in CA in a short window, like the schoolyard one in stockton that kept being a sandy-hook like save the orphans trope, the antis rolled with that shit for like over a decade.

-Mike

15. AHM

AHM NES Member

[​IMG]

wahsben likes this.
  16. AHM

AHM NES Member

I keep a dictionary in my cache.
    It's part of my cachet.

Bob P, Mesatchornug and Coyote33 like this.
  17. crispnipz

crispnipz

Yeah shame they ruled the phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range an NFA item

AHM likes this.
  18. Fishfinder

Fishfinder

He should have said "supressors are already heavily restricted", and moved on to the next question.

19. Nick Fury

Nick Fury

Strangely enough .45 Long Slides and lasers are still available...

20. Coyote33

Coyote33

Dennis in MA: I still don't get the "orange" comments from you here, and I guess others.

???

21. edmorseiii

[​IMG]

Bob P likes this.
  22. Peicemaker

Peicemaker

I'm not surprised that Trump, The NYC business democrat real estate man/ entertainer republican is completely clueless about suppressors. I also think that that impromptu comment was just an off the cuff remark that isn't going to go anywhere. I doubt that he even had anyone look into it and if he did, he would have quickly been informed that suppressors are already tightly regulated and have been used in no crimes since ever. He's not going to ban suppressors. He already got enough flak and lost enough voters from his dumbass bump stock bullshit. He's not stupid. He's not going to make the same mistake twice, especially leading into the 2020 elections.

drgrant likes this.
  23. Coyote33

Coyote33

Don't be so sure of that.

KVX, wahsben, NHKevin and 1 other person like this.
  24. edmorseiii

Except that his admin discouraged SCOTUS from hearing a case on silencers because they (he) thinks they are "dangerous and unusual", and allowed the felony conviction of a vet stand, because he doesn't like them. Doesn't seem very off the cuff or impromptu to me.

KVX, wahsben and oldguy68 like this.
  25. Dench

Dench

86's fun came right after T1. The AWB came 3 years after T2 and had way more support due to Arnie. Surpressors? T2. That ones just lagging.

26. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Are you color blind? (I am - so I have to ask.)

Trump spray-tans. It's EXTREMELY obvious. Sometimes they miss spots around his eyes that are so obvious that even I can tell with my crappy color vision.

So people call him ORANGE all the time. Because his tan color is NOT one found in nature for mammals. LOL

For me, I don't care if he's orange or black or purple. (I really can't see purple. Shockingly so!) I want him to move the country forward.

27. mikeyp

mikeyp NES Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. wahsben

29. meh

meh NES Member

I don't feel "set up". Trump has been an astonishingly good president simply by pursuing what should be bipartisan goals. What I always saw was a rich, self-aggrandizing, urban, pro-business, moderate, nationalist, liberal (not progressive) Democrat. That "nationalist" part makes him an enemy of the modern Democratic party, and the "pro-business" and "moderate" aspects give him a fair bit of common ground with Republicans. But from where I sat, it seemed like his support for the 2A just fell out of the sky during his campaign. Trump pandered to, and received, support from "2A people". Nothing wrong with that. It's just politics. It was a negotiation of sorts, and there's the rub. Trump knows what leverage he has at this point, and it means he can do what he wants 2A-wise as long as he stays inside of some solid white lines. Bump stocks and suppressors are fair game. I'd like to think he would veto a renewed AWB, but make no mistake, he's not personally against it.

The way most people define a "right judgment" is if it conforms to their instinctive conclusions. If I were guaranteed to like all their decisions, something would be very wrong. Textualists are fundamentally safer judges from the standpoint of safeguarding liberty. As a matter of principle, that is the sort of judge I want Trump to appoint, even if there are no guarantees.

crispnipz likes this.
  30. wahsben

I want a judge that will uphold the COTUS not one that will infringe upon the rights that they shall not infringe upon and that have already been infringed upon substantially. Death by a thousand cuts is still death.