Trump doesn't like suppressors, update post 69, he's considering ban

I gotta figure out how to get $500 in the next month to bag one of these babies before they go away...

Is this like merit badges or something?
I used to pray I wouldn't do something stupid enough
to get my parents poring over the Military Prep School directory.

Now I understand the concept even less...

And who is this "Willes" guy?
Ya got me.
We donate to Comm2A.
Sigh.

I've been saying it for years. Most modern gun laws are the result of Terminator and Terminator II.

And no, it's not even a joke. Look at the time lines and bans shortly after. And then look at whats in those movies and what clueless people keep trying to ban.

I've been saying it for years. Most modern gun laws are the result of Terminator and Terminator II.

And no, it's not even a joke. Look at the time lines and bans shortly after. And then look at whats in those movies and what clueless people keep trying to ban.

90s correlated with the fallout from a few shootings in CA in a short window, like the schoolyard one in stockton that kept being a sandy-hook like save the orphans trope, the antis rolled with that shit for like over a decade.

-Mike

That....and you can spell "poring."

What the hell are you?
images

Yeah shame they ruled the phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range an NFA item

Strangely enough .45 Long Slides and lasers are still available...

I'm not surprised that Trump, The NYC business democrat real estate man/ entertainer republican is completely clueless about suppressors. I also think that that impromptu comment was just an off the cuff remark that isn't going to go anywhere. I doubt that he even had anyone look into it and if he did, he would have quickly been informed that suppressors are already tightly regulated and have been used in no crimes since ever. He's not going to ban suppressors. He already got enough flak and lost enough voters from his dumbass bump stock bullshit. He's not stupid. He's not going to make the same mistake twice, especially leading into the 2020 elections.

I'm not surprised that Trump, The NYC business democrat real estate man/ entertainer republican is completely clueless about suppressors. I also think that that impromptu comment was just an off the cuff remark that isn't going to go anywhere. I doubt that he even had anyone look into it and if he did, he would have quickly been informed that suppressors are already tightly regulated and have been used in no crimes since ever. He's not going to ban suppressors. He already got enough flak and lost enough voters from his dumbass bump stock bullshit. He's not stupid. He's not going to make the same mistake twice, especially leading into the 2020 elections.

Except that his admin discouraged SCOTUS from hearing a case on silencers because they (he) thinks they are "dangerous and unusual", and allowed the felony conviction of a vet stand, because he doesn't like them. Doesn't seem very off the cuff or impromptu to me.

Dennis in MA: I still don't get the "orange" comments from you here, and I guess others.

???

Are you color blind? (I am - so I have to ask.)

Trump spray-tans. It's EXTREMELY obvious. Sometimes they miss spots around his eyes that are so obvious that even I can tell with my crappy color vision.

So people call him ORANGE all the time. Because his tan color is NOT one found in nature for mammals. LOL

For me, I don't care if he's orange or black or purple. (I really can't see purple. Shockingly so!) I want him to move the country forward.

I don't feel "set up". Trump has been an astonishingly good president simply by pursuing what should be bipartisan goals. What I always saw was a rich, self-aggrandizing, urban, pro-business, moderate, nationalist, liberal (not progressive) Democrat. That "nationalist" part makes him an enemy of the modern Democratic party, and the "pro-business" and "moderate" aspects give him a fair bit of common ground with Republicans. But from where I sat, it seemed like his support for the 2A just fell out of the sky during his campaign. Trump pandered to, and received, support from "2A people". Nothing wrong with that. It's just politics. It was a negotiation of sorts, and there's the rub. Trump knows what leverage he has at this point, and it means he can do what he wants 2A-wise as long as he stays inside of some solid white lines. Bump stocks and suppressors are fair game. I'd like to think he would veto a renewed AWB, but make no mistake, he's not personally against it.

Some people believe that his SCOTUS picks will make the right judgements but I'm not so sure they will.

The way most people define a "right judgment" is if it conforms to their instinctive conclusions. If I were guaranteed to like all their decisions, something would be very wrong. Textualists are fundamentally safer judges from the standpoint of safeguarding liberty. As a matter of principle, that is the sort of judge I want Trump to appoint, even if there are no guarantees.

I don't feel "set up". Trump has been an astonishingly good president simply by pursuing what should be bipartisan goals. What I always saw was a rich, self-aggrandizing, urban, pro-business, moderate, nationalist, liberal (not progressive) Democrat. That "nationalist" part makes him an enemy of the modern Democratic party, and the "pro-business" and "moderate" aspects give him a fair bit of common ground with Republicans. But from where I sat, it seemed like his support for the 2A just fell out of the sky during his campaign. Trump pandered to, and received, support from "2A people". Nothing wrong with that. It's just politics. It was a negotiation of sorts, and there's the rub. Trump knows what leverage he has at this point, and it means he can do what he wants 2A-wise as long as he stays inside of some solid white lines. Bump stocks and suppressors are fair game. I'd like to think he would veto a renewed AWB, but make no mistake, he's not personally against it.

The way most people define a "right judgment" is if it conforms to their instinctive conclusions. If I were guaranteed to like all their decisions, something would be very wrong. Textualists are fundamentally safer judges from the standpoint of safeguarding liberty. As a matter of principle, that is the sort of judge I want Trump to appoint, even if there are no guarantees.

I want a judge that will uphold the COTUS not one that will infringe upon the rights that they shall not infringe upon and that have already been infringed upon substantially. Death by a thousand cuts is still death.

I had posted this under the GOA alert thread but I'll post it here too:
"Sometimes I get the feeling that we're being set up for the biggest back stabbing yet. If memory serves me correctly at the first NRA convention he spoke at he said something like "the days of infringements on the 2nd amendment are over" then Vegas happened and instead of saying I'm not going to hold people accountable and punish them for the acts of a madman, he comes out in support of banning bump stocks and signs an EO to ban them. Parkland happens and instead of pointing out that it wouldn't have happened if the sheriffs dept. had enforced the law against the murderer he instead starts the whole ERPO mess with his take the guns first comment. Both his choice for AG Barr and this guy have supported gun control in their past and I'm not so sure that his SCOTUS picks and some of the so called conservative judges can be trusted to rule for the 2A. It sure can make one wonder who can be trusted to do what's right and abide by the COTUS as they are sworn to do".

Someone that claims to support something and than takes actions that demonstrate they don't support it should raise questions in anyone's mind.
There have certainly been positives of his presidency but when there is no legitimate reason to break your word to the people that helped get you elected one should be concerned.
His take the guns first, due process later led to a flurry of state legislation and I believe 4 national ERPO bills and has led to at least one death so far. Since he's responsible for starting the ERPO mess if one of these bills get to his desk he'll probably sign it.

Facts only, please!

1) What has Trump said AGAINST suppressors?
2) What has Trump DONE against suppressors?
3) What has Trump's SON1 said AGAINST suppressors?
4) What has Trump SON1 DONE against suppressors?
5) What has Trump's SON2 said AGAINST suppressors?
6) What has Trump SON2 DONE against suppressors?

7) Does Trump ever talk to either of his sons?
8) Does Trump ever LISTEN to either of his sons?

Facts only, please!

What he has said and done this far is well documented in this thread already. It's enough for me. Hopefully his 53 dimensional chess has him packing a Trojan horse full of pro2A legislation, but I doubt it. Words and actions are all we have to judge people on, and his suck.

Facts only, please!

What did Trump say about bumpstocks? Then what did he do?

Back
Top Bottom