Trump Banned Bump Stocks

These are the same nuggets that were running around protesting and screaming "We reject the president elect" and rioting/destroying private property after trump was elected

Exactly! And after they do their damage here, they’ll move onto the next cause leaving us forever screwed and one step closer to legislating the 2A out of any meaning. This is exactly why nothing should be banned.

I understand your sentiment and justified distrust in the system, but I disagree with your assessment regarding inaction

President Trump made the smartest move possible, ordering a review and having it be known that options are on the table. He now has a STFU card to play against the Dems and MSM, he shows a bias toward action and can challenge Congress to pass legislation for his signature or veto

A reasonable person should be skeptical about how this plays out, Lord knows history isn’t on 2A’s side, but the shrill cries of “betrayal, treason“ at the POTUS giving himself some maneuvering room reinforces the worst stereotypes about gun owners.

Why should your or I care about holding a STFU card to the Dems and MSM. They hate guns and if they could wave a magic wand now they would ban having armed citizens immediately.

What room does this give him to maneuver on? We aren't going to get National Reciprocity, especially now. He wants people judged mentally defective to be banned from owning guns, raise the age for carry and purchase of firearms, the banning on bumpstocks and other similar "modifications". He's not maneuvering he is pandering, and worse than that he's pandering to those who are seizing this as an oppourtunity like they always do.

As president, Trump still has to operate under the realities of DC and that means knowing where to spend political capital. Proposing a few reviews and floating trial balloons is how the sausage gets made - you call it pandering and others may call it politics

If President Trump did none of this, he and his team would be constantly responding to "the President is in the pocket of the NRA". He now has quelled that noise and has to do "the presidential stuff" - like listening to the kids and parents of those lost during the shooting.

Whether this actually leads to legislation, only time will tell

Why should your or I care about holding a STFU card to the Dems and MSM. They hate guns and if they could wave a magic wand now they would ban having armed citizens immediately.

What room does this give him to maneuver on? We aren't going to get National Reciprocity, especially now. He wants people judged mentally defective to be banned from owning guns, raise the age for carry and purchase of firearms, the banning on bumpstocks and other similar "modifications". He's not maneuvering he is pandering, and worse than that he's pandering to those who are seizing this as an oppourtunity like they always do.

One or two more shootings and we'll need to seriously start worrying about losing more than just bumpstocks at this point. I'm sure they'd hate to lose the momentum...

This. I am scared. I came of age so to speak under Obama when it comes to gun ownership. I've never known a time other than this brief year of not being fearful of some sort of permanent Federal AWB or worse, UBC system. I think it's odd that this shooting has hit even more anti gunners at "critical mass" than both Vegas and perhaps Newtown and I think its in part due to the media frenzy that has been going on nonstop with regard to Trump winning the election. Now anything viewed negatively that portrays the other side in a poor light runs nonstop 24/7. It is truly a dystopian propaganda machine.

At the State of the Union Speech, when Trump announced lowest black unemployment in history and we saw the entire black caucus remain seated and unimpressed, we witnessed the most obvious, glaring, and frankly terrifying truth in government and politics: "We DGAF about you, we care about FACTION and we care about WINNING"

Now, another school shooting, or worse, two compounded school shootings within this months news cycle, Feinstein won't look so crazy to the middle swingers that went for Trump and aren't dyed in the wool second amendment folks. Heck, most of my solid conservative friends in Massachusetts, some of whom own dozens of guns, would line up and turn them in when the semi auto ban hammer falls.

All I can say is, my credit card cannot handle anymore panic buying. What I've got now, is what is getting grandfathered....

Our President gave us an opportunity to regroup and get active because we have learned from the last 8 years that sitting on the couch watching Pats, or standing on the steps of The State House with nice signs, will lead to our slow extinction. We need to work hard on the next step. This one is done. Let's work much harder, or we will become American Kurds. When we are needed we are allowed to have guns but when the mission is accomplished we will be hunted down like traitors of the nation.
For most, the hunting part loses it's luster when your after something that can hunt you back.

I used to have the same view about no compromise. But whenever one side gets too extreme.. there will be a backlash. Right now the dems are reaping the backlash for 8 years of idiocy. Its about looking like we are reasonable. Antis literally know zero about guns and gun laws. I had a argument with a guy today who is a combat vet. He didn't know we already had federal back round checks... yeah. They get something in their head and they have nothing better to do but have a meltdown daily until "something gets done". Give them something inconsequential.. they will wander off and get fixated on Trans Marriages or some bullshit.

I don't think the "don't give them an inch" plan goes well long term. But whatever... knock yourself out.

No they won't .
Ever.
Your making a critical error in judgment on what it's really all about.
It's not about "Public safety "
It's not about "Saving children"
It's about disarming the population of this country.

Walk up to a podium today, right now and say "Guess what , you can take your constitution and shove it up your ass, I'm declaring martial law and proclaiming myself high exalted ruler.
It won't end well .

Do the same thing in front of a disarmed population and they either comply or get on the trains.

You dealing with people who hate everything this country is about , deeply and passionately .
They hate our freedom.
They hate the fact that a man can better himself by working harder and live a better life than the f*cking drugged up slug who rolls out of bed at the crack of noon.
And what they hate more than anything else is you can't be forced to bow to them , your betters .

I thought I read the bump-stock ban was passed by the Legislature and signed into law by the Gov, not some affirmative fiat by the AG, a la the “7/20” decree.

No?

I wasn't talking about the MA bump-stock ban. I was referencing the 7/20 decree and meant the following:

If Maura was able to make an edict around ARs that is contrary to well established law, what's to stop the BATFE from doing the same thing?

I wasn't talking about the MA bump-stock ban. I was referencing the 7/20 decree and meant the following:

If Maura was able to make an edict around ARs that is contrary to well established law, what's to stop the BATFE from doing the same thing?

there are only 20k GOAL members in MAss. Nationally, there are far more people willing to fight that decision.

28056176_789401924599178_4125836167279266997_n.jpg

Prosecutors / lawyers / State AG's, regularly throw crap against the wall and wait to see what sticks. That's what Maura did here, banning the sale of the AR rifle. Now she's being challenged in court. If she loses, it will be like the "Shot Heard Around The World", not only here in Ma, but also across the United States and beyond.

No. The danger is that what's next is all semi-automatic rifles that accept a detachable magazine.

Lets be honest here. Killing the maximum amount of people in the least amount of time is best done by a firearm wit a semi-automatic action and detachable magazines.

Since libs think that if we ban it, they will disappear, something like this could be catastrophic for us and obviously ineffective.

By the way. I participated in an ATF compliance inspection recently. The inspector opined that there was no way to ban bumpstocks without further legislation. He said that you obviously work the trigger once for each shot, so its in full compliance wit the NFA.

His opinion was that if politicians tried to push the ATF, it would be challenged in court and the ban would be shot down.

He is trying to give away due process as well.

thehill.com/homenews/administration/376097-trump-take-the-guns-first-go-through-due-process-second

If no one else. The president. I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the BATFE agent/ agents that try that.

Last edited:
Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'

He'll regret making that statement if he doesn't already.
I've already concluded that impeachment may be necessary. This guy may actually be unhinged, even if not, he's so ill-informed he's not qualified to be president as he's the executive and doesn't even understand the law.

Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'

He'll regret making that statement if he doesn't already.

He might be baiting the left like he did during the DACA meeting. Get them to show their complete intentions.

He was clearly only talking about taking guns away from mentally unstable people without due process, but it’s a pretty stupid and reckless thing to say. If he actually does it we’ll have a whole new problem to deal with. As it stands he’s highly suspect when it comes to gun rights. At best.

He was clearly only talking about taking guns away from mentally unstable people without due process, but it’s a pretty stupid and reckless thing to say. If he actually does it we’ll have a whole new problem to deal with. As it stands he’s highly suspect when it comes to gun rights. At best.
Apparently. He ran on getting national reciprocity passed, but today he all but buried it as an idea because he doesn't want it as part of a comprehensive gun bill.

So, Trump wants this comprehensive gun bill to be the Fix NICS bill, bump stock ban, 21 years old age requirement, stronger mental health systems, stronger background checks, possibly universal background checks to fix the "gun show loophole", and who knows what else, but if there's anything remotely in it that's pro gun, he doesn't want it because it won't pass.

f*** OFF! You're not telling me that DiFi won't vote for a bill that has all that crap in it and the one pro gun thing be national reciprocity or suppressor deregulation from the NFA. She'd sign that in a heartbeat because Dems have been pushing UBC's for a long time now.

Trump is apparently the best guy for the Anti's to have had in the oval office since FDR.

EDIT: Not saying I want UBC's btw.

Back
Top Bottom