• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trump Banned Bump Stocks

not quite....

]
BREAKING: President Trump says he’s directed AG Sessions to clarify if bump stocks are illegal and to propose regulations to “ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns.”

This doesn't mean anything, if Sessions comes back and says "no, we can't do that because it's not legal to do so".

On the other hand he could just go to BATFE and say "make it so" and it happens via executive fiat, until a legal challenge...

-Mike

not quite....

This doesn't mean anything, if Sessions comes back and says "no, we can't do that because it's not legal to do so".

On the other hand he could just go to BATFE and say "make it so" and it happens via executive fiat, until a legal challenge...

-Mike

I doubt that would take long. Gross overstep of authority, especially in light of ATF testimony that regulating bump stocks are currently conforming accessories.

Not surprised something was coming down the pipe with all the recent events maybe it makes him look like he did something when in reality nothing happened

Trump orders Sessions to propose rules banning 'bump stocks'

image.png

May / may not happen, but it ticks the “doing something” box and takes the “no presidential action” argument off the table

You can still claim it isn’t enough or it is posturing, but it is still more than Congress has done

Trump says he's open to things and is willing to take a look at things. Doesn't really bother me because it it essentially meaningless. How about if some kind of new regulation about bump stocks were added to a national ccw reciprocity bill.

Trump says he's open to things and is willing to take a look at things. Doesn't really bother me because it it essentially meaningless. How about if some kind of new regulation about bump stocks were added to a national ccw reciprocity bill.

I would bet anything that any new gun laws will include national CCW reciprocity!!!

If the Government giveth, the Government can taketh away ...

It's a shell game. Don't be fooled.

Trump can direct, Sessions can tell ATF what to do, but the legal challenge in court will not hold up because it's changing the wording of law to not have any meaning. Making a regulation that says adding a certain stock to a rifle that still can only fire by a single pull of the trigger, but just does it very quickly, is a machine gun, which is defined as more than one round fired per pull of trigger, doesn't hold up to a legally.

I'd be okay with bump stock law or regulations so long as the wordage "rate increasing devices" is removed from any such law or regulation, but only if we get something like national reciprocity. If the Dems want bump stocks banned that bad, then they have to give up something else.

Well, get out there and burn thru your large capacity mags, and enjoy the remaining time that you have left with you bumpies folks (while you still can).

News 7 all giddy saying perhaps a ban on ARs soon.
4 stories in a row on gun control. Must be a slow day other than the weather.

Back
Top Bottom