Trump Banned Bump Stocks

Trump Calls to Regulate Bump Stocks, Bump Stock Maker’s Website Crashes
Headlines are blaring: “Trump moves to ban bump stocks,” and gun enthusiasts are wasting no time stockpiling for the apocalypse. Slide Fire, the primary manufacturer of the accessory that effectively turns a semi-automatic weapon into a machine gun, has been hit with a flood of traffic and its website is currently down.

Following the murder of 17 people at a high school in Parkland, Florida by a lone gunman carrying a high-powered assault rifle, the Trump administration has offered little comfort and few solutions for the country going forward. Over the weekend, he used the shooting victims as a human shield to create some sort of doubt about the FBI’s Russia investigation, and his staff characterized the tragedy as a “reprieve” from the bad publicity they’d faced over the last week. But as the student survivors have chosen to voice their support for gun control and criticize Trump’s lack of action, he’s apparently now feeling the pressure to at least give the illusion that he takes the situation seriously.

https://gizmodo.com/trump-calls-to-regulate-bump-stocks-bump-stock-maker-s-1823173845

That being said, I feel like the tide is turning on Gun Control. A lot of the people I know that were firmly 2A friendly are telling me "We need to do something". I would rather give them something stupid like bump stocks. Which again I care 0% about.. than lose everything in a few years.

Lol, then they were never "firmly 2A" to begin with.

This state btw, is filled with people who do the double talk business WRT guns. Because they know their full on anti gun position is mind numbingly f***ing stupid, so they try to placate us with weasel talk.

"I'm pro 2A, but".....

Every time I hear this I just want to say to the person-

"No you're f***ing not, you shit eating, liberty hating a**h***. You obviously don't- because if you did there
never would be a "but" in there, and you'd never really need to explain your position. You'd be talking about
real solutions- preferably ones that don't involve violating peoples rights- instead of this armflapper bullshit about banning AR-15s or other similar feel good garbage.

That's why this country is falling apart- a bunch of people having their opinions changed on a whim by by some sad sack maudlin bullshit (they probably were swayed by seeing crying kids or parents being exploited on TV news) I mean doesn't anyone have a f***ing spine anymore? about ANYTHING? lol. christ.

Oh and today... while we're on THAT topic.. I made the mistake of clicking on some article on crescent news network and I saw some guy talking to one of the victims parents about "how she felt about being part of an iconic image" because there was a pic of this lady crying after she found out one of her kids got killed- I was pissed at having even seen 5 seconds of it- I wanted to reach through the screen and tell that guy to get lost and go f*** himself. I hope he catches some kind of ass infection and burns in hell for exploiting people's despair for ratings. That's just so low, so despicable I literally facepalmed when I saw it- like seriously, people tolerate this schloque from the media? The inherent wrongness of the whole thing was just mind numbing. That's like going up to people at a funeral and going "it really hurts doesn't it?" DO YA THINK SO, you piece of shit? What a bunch of heartless shitbirds.

-Mike

Last edited:
Lol, then they were never "firmly 2A" to begin with.

This state btw, is filled with people who do the double talk business WRT guns. Because they know their full on anti gun position is mind numbingly f***ing stupid, so they try to placate us with weasel talk.

"I'm pro 2A, but".....

Every time I hear this I just want to say to the person-

"No you're f***ing not, you shit eating, liberty hating a**h***. You obviously don't- because if you did there
never would be a "but" in there, and you'd never really need to explain your position. You'd be talking about
real solutions- preferably ones that don't involve violating peoples rights- instead of this armflapper bullshit about banning AR-15s or other similar feel good garbage.

That's why this country is falling apart- a bunch of people having their opinions changed on a whim by by some sad sack maudlin bullshit (they probably were swayed by seeing crying kids or parents being exploited on TV news) I mean doesn't anyone have a f***ing spine anymore? about ANYTHING? lol. christ.

Oh and today... while we're on THAT topic.. I made the mistake of clicking on some article on crescent news network and I saw some guy talking to one of the victims parents about "how she felt about being part of an iconic image" because there was a pic of this lady crying after she found out one of her kids got killed- I was pissed at having even seen 5 seconds of it- I wanted to reach through the screen and tell that guy to get lost and go f*** himself. I hope he catches some kind of ass infection and burns in hell for exploiting people's despair for ratings. That's just so low, so despicable I literally facepalmed when I saw it- like seriously, people tolerate this schloque from the media? The inherent wrongness of the whole thing was just mind numbing. That's like going up to people at a funeral and going "it really hurts doesn't it?" DO YA THINK SO, you piece of shit? What a bunch of heartless shitbirds.

-Mike
Don't be so hard on the media. They are just watering the seeds of the next mass shooting that they planted during their coverage of the last one.

thompson_stoeger600.jpg

Love it when people post these things. That’s an inflation-adjusted $2900 or so for a Thompson.

Or around $350 less if you could do without the Cutts. That makes it one expensive muzzle device.

I do not want to find out! Each one of us should fire email, letters in which we will state that the government failed to investigate shooting in Las Vegas. Government did not do the job and now they are attacking our rights just because we are those who always followed rules and regulations.
Yes, I don't want to find out either but they don't really care what we want or what's right or wrong. They only care about power and control. That's why there has been continual discrimination, harassment and persecution of gun owners even though 10's of millions did nothing and have done nothing. This is what I'd like to tell them: Valentine’s Day Massacre

Don't be so hard on the media. They are just watering the seeds of the next mass shooting that they planted during their coverage of the last one.

One or two more shootings and we'll need to seriously start worrying about losing more than just bumpstocks at this point. I'm sure they'd hate to lose the momentum...

"I'm pro 2A, but".....

It’s generally true that everything said in a sentence before ‘but’ is BS.
I always question if someone is trying to convince their audience or themselves that they believe in 2A when they use that qualifier.

Either way, the answer is that they DON'T believe in 2A! At all!

First, we need to stop giving them money. Everything is about money, and we need to start paying attention to where our money goes. Stop feeding them!

Second, do not speak up, roar! Government has no clue what has happened in Vegas, yet government wants to punish us. Why? So they can close the case and call it a day! Simple as that. Roar!

Third, NRA, Repubicans are no longer dependable representatives of ours. We need our own platforms, our own agendas, and we need to spend energy and money on building our CNN, our networks, our "grass root" organizations. Stop your automatic payments and let's build something new! Enough of hoping and getting free rides on established platforms. We need our own!

Quit bitching and quit playing in their fields. We are done with them and we are done with bi-partisan discussions.

What did they give you in return? Less rights! Giddy up, kick in the groin is just about to hit us now! They will give you a paper bucket so you can throw up. Let's stop waiting for miracles to come.

Let's see. Parents did not know what to do with those 2. They were rich and they provided but kids were beating them with the hose from the vacuum cleaner. Parents called police on their own kids 39 times!
Schools did not know what to do with them. They pushed them from one school to another. Schools had money and resources but were unable to stop their development into monsters. FBI did not even bother to investigate. So, where is the logic?

The only effective way to stop somebody shooting bullets is another bullet! Nothing else!

The problem began with allowing the banning of machine guns. They were banned because democrats thought they were icky, despite being all but irrelevant with regards to criminal activity, and the ban was allowed to stand. This has become the template for future actions - make something icky and it's OK to ban.

We need to fight back not because bump stocks are particularly useful, but because we need to change the perception that it's OK to ban something YOU feel someone doesn't need regardless of any actual harm.
Exactly. It is an inanimate object! Nothing more, nothing less. There is ZERO reason to ban.

Exactly. It is an inanimate object! Nothing more, nothing less. There is ZERO reason to ban.

I don't get why 2a crowd is on the defensive, why? It should be Dims and every POS politicians who voted to make schools into shooting galleries. When a shooting like this happens it should be Dims and antis compromising and we should be getting closer to restoration of our 2a rights, because it Dims and antis who f***ed up royally.

We need to go on the offensive, stop feeling scared, get out of fetal position and stop hoarding. Instead of case of ammo get a membership at GOAL or Com2a, if already a member, get your buddy one.

First, we need to stop giving them money. Everything is about money, and we need to start paying attention to where our money goes. Stop feeding them!

Second, do not speak up, roar! Government has no clue what has happened in Vegas, yet government wants to punish us. Why? So they can close the case and call it a day! Simple as that. Roar!

Third, NRA, Repubicans are no longer dependable representatives of ours. We need our own platforms, our own agendas, and we need to spend energy and money on building our CNN, our networks, our "grass root" organizations. Stop your automatic payments and let's build something new! Enough of hoping and getting free rides on established platforms. We need our own!

Quit bitching and quit playing in their fields. We are done with them and we are done with bi-partisan discussions.

What did they give you in return? Less rights! Giddy up, kick in the groin is just about to hit us now! They will give you a paper bucket so you can throw up. Let's stop waiting for miracles to come.

it's time to get pissed off. We got no law for all, just selective enforcement with yuuuuge double standard. It's time the inmate are put into their place in the asylum.

I understand your sentiment and justified distrust in the system, but I disagree with your assessment regarding inaction

President Trump made the smartest move possible, ordering a review and having it be known that options are on the table. He now has a STFU card to play against the Dems and MSM, he shows a bias toward action and can challenge Congress to pass legislation for his signature or veto

A reasonable person should be skeptical about how this plays out, Lord knows history isn’t on 2A’s side, but the shrill cries of “betrayal, treason“ at the POTUS giving himself some maneuvering room reinforces the worst stereotypes about gun owners.

He shouldn't have said anything. No reason to give the anti's any more fuel for the fire. And the fact that he told Sessions to look into should scare the sh!t out of everyone. He is all about trampling individual's liberties.

I don’t disagree, the anti’s are going to be unrelenting in their quest to neuter 2A rights.

But the broadest segment of the population are the “indifferent”. Those people only think about gun issues when something tragic is hyped in the news.

I would argue that keeping a cool head and reasonably refuting the nonsense being foisted as “common sense gun control” is a better way to reassure the indifferent and get beyond the emotional responses which will fade in 3 wks

Of course, I am talking at a national level - here in Mass and other one-party dem states gun owners are screwed

we need to stop worrying about stereotypes. It doesn't matter if you are wearing a suit or a set of cams, antis hate you just the same.

President Trump made the smartest move possible, ordering a review and having it be known that options are on the table. He now has a STFU card to play against the Dems and MSM, he shows a bias toward action and can challenge Congress to pass legislation for his signature or veto

..... but the shrill cries of “betrayal, treason“ at the POTUS giving himself some maneuvering room reinforces the worst stereotypes about gun owners.

That is what so many of us are frustrated and angry about. We want to be behind him when he is doing the right thing. But we despise the games of politics. When it involes something so cut and dry as the 2A or the constitution at large, stand firm and speak firm. He spoke firm at the UN. He could choose to go above the heads of congress and the media and speak directly to the American people. If you refuse to do that, you are functioning in the swamp!

I don’t disagree, the anti’s are going to be unrelenting in their quest to neuter 2A rights.

But the broadest segment of the population are the “indifferent”. Those people only think about gun issues when something tragic is hyped in the news.

I would argue that keeping a cool head and reasonably refuting the nonsense being foisted as “common sense gun control” is a better way to reassure the indifferent and get beyond the emotional responses which will fade in 3 wks

Of course, I am talking at a national level - here in Mass and other one-party dem states gun owners are screwed
You can lay all the cold logic on them you want, but that won't compete with this in the minds of the average person who is simply swayed by whatever is presented by the popular media:
DohfLxJa6V2pekqgKtvpa2igPtEloJ3T_m2_QMCAbDb7MXvUyGQ6C2dZ6lX9_pTmMJUs483O-yXA9MPW58qH97x3_YqsomQV3_4CcsgnC7eRE8eTPSHz6Nailv1fseOwgE80HEn2UJVExwmyIdFgvUD50cwKv42X7zyjhCyxN_5RKwX3ELUfxHbuQC6-z7zErq-7yMoaSQDQ7W88McFZ6UI1Iqm7yUActn3fau4E7L9JidILxI-Ln1gGQY9Hg2Ck3MMZw5XgEvDDEmXLFHymoxUHi5NnC3vPtG9UGIZ2D8CEq1rsrA9jkutvWaqTk0_pPK-5KmVxl0KHJTnRyU2fcEXpS79JIurNMj9my_973VXYmQzfaP8Boy2724G8NCZJ5lUEr0_Tzx6vaT1NqnaIsCl8oVufNJN8M_8eBD4giX0WOQULHcspmhGozj8N4c_qlqUXMKBWBvpdRAfsPyHzrwd4jWbFHvOGUbmpcx53_EJ7mGBvHb5xEoEGPtZBlE36KAOPGNFCbVYgBQq2yt0THPIUV9rvHK3CsB-dGu-9qu34rvuheIwVVOVsfQTYLCChBTlanKjv2pofTFjSOGy3JV0ooHEDeT9oExITB5I=w835-h576-no

You can lay all the cold logic on them you want, but that won't compete with this in the minds of the average person who is simply swayed by whatever is presented by the popular media:

The thing is though, If the average person (american) fully bought into that maudlin horseshit, most guns would have been banned a long time ago- and I'm not talking the average massachusetts retard voter either. (This might as well be another planet
compared to most of the rest of the US).

The usual anti deal is not actually gaining or achieving true "popular opinion" but swindling politicians into believing the lie that something like that, IS "popular opinion. "

Back in the 90s gun control was oversold on so many levels and the media/antis got away with it. The pols only got a hint of reality when they got donkey punched at the polls for voting in an AWB. I think part of this was caused by the fact that, at the time, not enough gun owners engaged legislators, so this faction hadn't been "heard from" in a long time.

Some pols seem to remember this- which is why when the moonbats just hoisted an AWB in FL, it was pretty much immediately shat upon by like 2/3rds of the legislature.

BTW you're referring to the same "popular media" that kept running around and shitting on Trump 24/7, telling everyone that he wasn't going to get elected, blah blah blah, etc... we all know how that turned out. People with more than one brain cell are rapidly losing any sense of trust in those idiots.. (and I hope this trend continues).

-Mike

Last edited:
Could not agree more and for those survivors, their families and the families of those who lost someone during that horrific tragedy - it will be forever

The rest of America will move on in roughly a month, maybe less.

DohfLxJa6V2pekqgKtvpa2igPtEloJ3T_m2_QMCAbDb7MXvUyGQ6C2dZ6lX9_pTmMJUs483O-yXA9MPW58qH97x3_YqsomQV3_4CcsgnC7eRE8eTPSHz6Nailv1fseOwgE80HEn2UJVExwmyIdFgvUD50cwKv42X7zyjhCyxN_5RKwX3ELUfxHbuQC6-z7zErq-7yMoaSQDQ7W88McFZ6UI1Iqm7yUActn3fau4E7L9JidILxI-Ln1gGQY9Hg2Ck3MMZw5XgEvDDEmXLFHymoxUHi5NnC3vPtG9UGIZ2D8CEq1rsrA9jkutvWaqTk0_pPK-5KmVxl0KHJTnRyU2fcEXpS79JIurNMj9my_973VXYmQzfaP8Boy2724G8NCZJ5lUEr0_Tzx6vaT1NqnaIsCl8oVufNJN8M_8eBD4giX0WOQULHcspmhGozj8N4c_qlqUXMKBWBvpdRAfsPyHzrwd4jWbFHvOGUbmpcx53_EJ7mGBvHb5xEoEGPtZBlE36KAOPGNFCbVYgBQq2yt0THPIUV9rvHK3CsB-dGu-9qu34rvuheIwVVOVsfQTYLCChBTlanKjv2pofTFjSOGy3JV0ooHEDeT9oExITB5I=w835-h576-no

I lack the words to express how much I detest the MSM. Can't they just respect the need to mourn. Just disgusting!

I do hate seeing these traumatized kids being exploited on tv and they have my sympathy for what they have experienced. However, does anyone really think these little snowflakes have the stomach for a protracted fight on 2A. Isn't this just another case of the anti's preying on these kids' trauma trying to strike while the iron is hot?

These kids are enjoying their fifteen minutes of fame as the media darlings du jour. These entitled little know-nothings are paraded around for the cameras with their pie in the sky expectation that "change" is owed to them just because they demand it. As they learned yesterday with with the AWB debate in Florida, real life works a bit differently and they are entitled to nothing more than our sympathy.

When it comes time for the heavy lifting in the fight to craft actual legislation, as opposed to symbolic posturing, the vast majority of these kids will be onto the next great social media craze. For the majority of these kids, the fight is not about driving real change as much as it is about simply getting what they want. When getting it becomes a fight, they'll be long gone.

Back
Top Bottom