Trump Banned Bump Stocks

THIS. First we learn that LE dropped the ball - several and many times - and now we're being subjected to what by all appearances is a canned response to the latest outrage. Suspicious minds - already on edge after Las Vegas - can only surmise that, perhaps, the latest outrage is, itself, canned. All in service of an agenda, which certain regions of the country adore and the others abhor.

This is unsustainable. Give them their own damned country. They can have as much victim disarmament, welfare and diversity importation as they'd like. And they can do it on their own. My bet is they'll look like Europe within three years.
And the other country out of this would still be paying for them.

I got no issue with it.. he did "something".

Bumpstocks have zero application for anything useful.

It’s not just bump stocks. The language in the proposed regulation that has been circulating was “rate increasing devices”. That’s just about anything. Triggers, recoil springs, buffers, mags, you name it.

Young men and Women of NES. If you DO NOT already own a magazine-fed semi auto AR or AK rifle...It is your duty, as American Citizens to locate one, purchase it and train yourself and family on how to use, maintain and accurately fire it at human-sized targets. This is not a drill...

When the time comes, use the gun you have to get the gun you need. You'll know when the time comes, because there will be guns laying on the ground.

I got no issue with it.. he did "something".

Bumpstocks have zero application for anything useful.
Can be applied to all things guns. Apply this logic and we will continue to get f***ed. With this type of BS thinking you will eventually have to prove you family depends on the meat you hunt to get your muzzle loader and 50 lead balls and 1\2lb black powder.

To this I say FU Wayne and Ted Nugent too .....as ted is a rich entitled pos with his own collection of machine guns.
NRA is just trying to save some skin.
How many members in the NRA ? Still around 5mil? You would think with all the record breaking sales over the years the numbers would have grown.
I rather give my money to comm2a and other groups

Ask him. I know Picton will object again but I can't help myself hitting you over the head with experiences I have. When this was unfolding in Hungary, Yugoslavia, Romania and even in Slovakia, to some extend, military and police were the first one to disperse. The real problem was not .gov but everybody else who wanted to replace .gov at the speed of the latest tank they stole from the barracks.

No. No objection. I was over there too.

Trump’s order to ban bump stocks is an empty gesture

Fake virtual signaling to pretend something is going to get done?

I hinted at this earlier. There’s no way federal law (I forgot the exact one that classifies ‘machineguns’) has any room to include bfs. Also, that ATF request for public commentary a while back resulted in this:

“We will go through the regulatory process that is required by law and we will be attentive to input from the public,” Sessions said at the time. Of the over 36,000 public comments the ATF got on the proposal, 85% were against reclassifying bumpstock-modified weapons as “machine guns,” The Trace found.

Since then, DOJ and ATF officials have said publicly and privately that banning bump stocks could not be achieved unilaterally. They argue that Congress needs to pass legislation in order to reclassify bumpstocks in the US, the New York Times reported (paywall). The ATF “could not find a way to classify it as a machine gun,” in 2010, a former official told The Trace

It seems obvious that most shooters don't give a rip about bump fire stocks. They only seem to care about turning them in without reimbursement. I can see Trump telling individual states that they can ban / demand turn in of theses stocks if they reimburse folks for purchases that were made and for the sales tax collected. That way the individual states bear the cost, rather than the fed. If this should happen, the fed saves the turn in buy back funds and Trump becomes the bump stock hero.

I guess we'll find out pretty soon if it's an empty gesture or not.

I do not want to find out! Each one of us should fire email, letters in which we will state that the government failed to investigate shooting in Las Vegas. Government did not do the job and now they are attacking our rights just because we are those who always followed rules and regulations.

It seems obvious that most shooters don't give a rip about bump fire stocks. They only seem to care about turning them in without reimbursement. I can see Trump telling individual states that they can ban / demand turn in of theses stocks if they reimburse folks for purchases that were made and for the sales tax collected. That way the individual states bear the cost, rather than the fed. If this should happen, the fed saves the turn in buy back funds and Trump becomes the bump stock hero.

Australia here it comes!

And all but guarantees he is a 1 term President.

Patience, grasshoppers.

Formula:
1. Trump is made out to be ineffective and the worst.
2. Libs lace up their jack boots and squawk about whatever it is they want that day.
3. Trump offers them what they want, they just have to compromise.
4. That's not how libs compromise. They have to only win. Does not compute. Libs stay tight lipped about it because they know they're busted.
5. Libs stomp firmly on their own dicks with aforementioned jack boots.
6. Conversation over, Libs look like fools because they no longer have a dick to stand on.

We’ll see what happens - but if he surrenders on this - he is going to have a tough time getting re-elected. We won’t vote for the Dem but we can stay home like we did for Mittens.

The "memorandum" is much ado about nothing. There's a reason that ATF approved them in the first place, and these manufacturers have it, in writing, from ATF themselves. The law is very clear - "more than one round per pull of the trigger", and bump stocks do not achieve this. They make it easier to pull the trigger. The fact that this is politically inconvenient doesn't change the facts.

Attitudes like that and people like you are why we are dying a slow death as a 2A community.

Doesn't matter it if is useful or practical.

1. Nothing is going to happen.. he is just saying something to shut everyone up

2. Bump stocks are stupid and I care 0% about them. They aren't used for anything besides being an idiot.

He should make a bill getting us Reciprocity and give the antis Bump Stocks, Laser Grips, Tin barrels, and pistol caliber ARs you know all the useless nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom