• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trijicon RCR

Mesatchornug

NES Member
Trijicon, is entering the enclosed emitter pistol dot market.

On the one hand, more choice is good, they still use the RMR pattern, and they moved the battery to top - so you no longer have to remove the entire device to replace it.

On the other - look how they're mounting it [rofl] [rofl2]
430106370_1w.jpg

So you're going to torque those screws by putting a pin through the side and turn it between 60° and 90°. Unless it comes with a fancy hook-shaped adapter for your torque driver, you'll have to go by feel: i.e., crank until it strips, then back off a 1/4.

Trijicon, is entering the enclosed emitter pistol dot market.

On the one hand, more choice is good, they still use the RMR pattern, and they moved the battery to top - so you no longer have to remove the entire device to replace it.

On the other - look how they're mounting it [rofl] [rofl2]
430106370_1w.jpg

So you're going to torque those screws by putting a pin through the side and turn it between 60° and 90°. Unless it comes with a fancy hook-shaped adapter for your torque driver, you'll have to go by feel: i.e., crank until it strips, then back off a 1/4.
Id rather deal with changing my battery (which I havent had to yet)

I have an RMRcc (single red dot) on a G45 that’s great. And recently picked up a Holosun 507K G with an EoTech type green circle and dot that’s also great so far. The green circle dot has been so much easier for my eyes to pick up as I learn these sites on pistols. I’d buy another without question. That thing up above looks huge and boxy for EDC.

I have an RMRcc (single red dot) on a G45 that’s great. And recently picked up a Holosun 507K G with an EoTech type green circle and dot that’s also great so far. The green circle dot has been so much easier for my eyes to pick up as I learn these sites on pistols. I’d buy another without question. That thing up above looks huge and boxy for EDC.
I still don't understand why people EDC red dots.

But whatever ...

This past weekend I tried a Holosun the one with the 65 MOA circle and 2MOA dot.

I think I will buy the 32 MOA circle with 2 MOA dot, turn the dot off and use the circle alone for steel challenge.

I still don't understand why people EDC red dots.

But whatever ...

This past weekend I tried a Holosun the one with the 65 MOA circle and 2MOA dot.

I think I will buy the 32 MOA circle with 2 MOA dot, turn the dot off and use the circle alone for steel challenge.
Why not? They’re pretty small so it’s not like it’s going to print anymore than it already does. And with aging eyes it just works well and it’s fast.

When my eyes started going south I was starting to see 6 dots in a row from my night sites and this was just the right fix for that.

Back
Top Bottom