• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trijicon ACOG's

I have an LPVO on one rule and red dot and magnifier on another. For up close, the LPVO simply isn’t as good as a red dot. The dot is just easier to get behind. Also, LPVOs are heavy.
For the price the strike eagle latest revision 1-8x is pretty decent. Weight isn’t terrible wkth the extra magnification.

I had a 1-8x attacr nightforce heavy but easy to use at 1x.

I have eothech with magnifier on my FS2000, red dot and Acog on Ar's , LPVO and iron sights on my preban. Anything out to 200 yards give me iron sights all day long and thats with my life on the line. Not sure if thats because I learned with them and used them in action or what....if no iron sight, I'll take the Acog

She came in today, eager to go shooting I find out I need a damn riser lol. My A2 sight post gets in the way,plus it sits way to low profile for my comfort! I'm thinking 1/3 co witness? Does anyone have experience with the La Rue LT105 mount? Some other forums suggest this riser. IMG_20240102_152634.jpg

She came in today, eager to go shooting I find out I need a damn riser lol. My A2 sight post gets in the way,plus it sits way to low profile for my comfort! I'm thinking 1/3 co witness? Does anyone have experience with the La Rue LT105 mount? Some other forums suggest this riser.View attachment 834507

Which base is that? The short carry handle setup?

I ask because I have a taller Midwest Industries QD mount for a mini acog that's been kicking around my desk at home for a year now because I'm too lazy to list it for sale. It should fit. Sort of like this except I think mine's taller:

Happy to cut you a great deal on it if you're interested.

I ask because I have a taller Midwest Industries QD mount for a mini acog that's been kicking around my desk at home for a year now because I'm too lazy to list it for sale. It should fit. Sort of like this except I think mine's taller:

Happy to cut you a great deal on it if you're interested.
@not new guy sent you pm

My chad, brother in iron. First off, you're too yoked to carry a puny little 10.5.

ACOGs are great optics but they're extremely dated and have some serious shortcomings vs modern LPVO's and the price hasnt adjusted to reflect this.

Depending on the direction you're going id go with a quality 1-8 like nightforce, kahles, or leupold.

The aimpoint T1/T2 is an excellent optic ive got several but even my dedicated night/CQB gun is rocking a nightforce atacr now (with offset rds for CQB).

You'll never get the precision out of a dot and especially a dot with a magnifier behind it that you'll get with real glass and the ability to crank yer hog up to 8x for target ID or longer range shots is nice.

Don't listen to people who say an SBR is useless beyond 200 yards or whatever. This 11.5 will put 75gr gold dot on a torso size target with stupid reliability out to 700.

IMG_20231212_140811_432.jpg

My chad, brother in iron. First off, you're too yoked to carry a puny little 10.5.

ACOGs are great optics but they're extremely dated and have some serious shortcomings vs modern LPVO's and the price hasnt adjusted to reflect this.

Depending on the direction you're going id go with a quality 1-8 like nightforce, kahles, or leupold.

The aimpoint T1/T2 is an excellent optic ive got several but even my dedicated night/CQB gun is rocking a nightforce atacr now (with offset rds for CQB).

You'll never get the precision out of a dot and especially a dot with a magnifier behind it that you'll get with real glass and the ability to crank yer hog up to 8x for target ID or longer range shots is nice.

Don't listen to people who say an SBR is useless beyond 200 yards or whatever. This 11.5 will put 75gr gold dot on a torso size target with stupid reliability out to 700.

View attachment 834524
Use a mini acog before you say they are dated. They are completely different than normal acogs.

View attachment 834524
Never thought about putting a LVPO on a SBR. I do have one on my FAL Vortex Viper PST 1-6
IMG_20240102_163243.jpg

The mini is the only one that interests me. Is the eye relief still garbo? And can you mount an RMR up top?
You can probably put a mini on a pistol and get away with it, the eye relief is insane compared to a normal acog which is aids level of eye relief.

I don't think you can put an rmr on it. Minis are actually more like red dots. They are essentially 1.5x dots

View attachment 834524
That's definitely pushing it. Any wind forget about it. Lol. Maybe 400 500

How much do you miss the target by if the torso is 25 yards closer or further out at that distance though? Or there is a little wind. And what’s it got for energy when it gets there?

People don’t say they’re less capable at greater distances because you can’t hit a target at known distance in calm conditions. They say they’re less capable because they have very little energy when the bullet gets their and in realistic wind conditions they’re a lot harder to get on target. They’re right.

How much do you miss the target by if the torso is 25 yards closer or further out at that distance though? Or there is a little wind. And what’s it got for energy when it gets there?

People don’t say they’re less capable at greater distances because you can’t hit a target at known distance in calm conditions. They say they’re less capable because they have very little energy when the bullet gets their and in realistic wind conditions they’re a lot harder to get on target. They’re right.
11.5 at 700. You could probably catch it and throw it back....lol

That's definitely pushing it. Any wind forget about it. Lol. Maybe 400 500

My brother in christ, this is why you buy an lpvo with a decent reticle like an FCDMR. You simply adjust for the wind hold and continue firing. Is it far? Yes. Does it require rifleman skill? Yes. Is it difficult? Not really.

11.5 at 700. You could probably catch it and

My brother in christ, this is why you buy an lpvo with a decent reticle like an FCDMR. You simply adjust for the wind hold and continue firing. Is it far? Yes. Does it require rifleman skill? Yes. Is it difficult? Not really.
I guess. I've spent 12 years with the Corps, 2 years on the range teaching, that's tough.

I tested the rifle on a day with 15-20mph headwind from the 2:00, i remember being pissed about the wind and dust and my mat blowing around. Once you have your basic hold you're minute of plate.

I tested the rifle on a day with 15-20mph headwind from the 2:00, i remember being pissed about the wind and dust and my mat blowing around. Once you have your basic hold you're minute of plate.

I thought you were being serious. Almost got me haha

View attachment 834524

Just ran some numbers, that's surprising...

Hornady 75 gr BTHP .395BC 2400 fps muzzle velocity, 100 yard zero, going 1210 fps at 700 yards making 250 ft/lbs of energy, with 212 INCHES OF HOLD OVER LOL

It's a carbine not artillery

Back
Top Bottom