• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Screw wont fit my Trijicon night sight

Ordered some Trijicon suppressor height night sights and the screw will not go all the way into the front sight. It will only go in a couple rotations.
Not sure if there's an issue with the screw or the threads on the sight itself. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix it?

Trijicon was nice enough to say they would ship me other screws to try as I don't have any myself, but not sure when those will show up, if they will actually ship them, or if its not a good idea to use a different screw on them. I haven't heard back from them after I sent them my address.

I am trying to avoid shipping them back to Optics Planet, if its at all possible, and not getting replacements for weeks.
Will a shorter screw be ok or will it pop off or something? Anyone ever have an issue like this before?

gen 3 glock 17
EDIT - I should say Gen 3 G17 slide. its actually on a p80 G19 frame that fits a G17 slide. The PF940CL.

You can use a nice bright light and a probe, trace the threads, there might be a burr somewhere, or could even be a problem with the machining on the slide. You def want more than 2 threads engaged.

yea I tried looking inside it, I cant really see anything wrong. But its not the slide at all. I never tried installing the front sight as I checked to see if the screw went in the font sight before I tried installing it. And it didnt go in all the way and i stopped there.

Are the sights for a gen 3 or a gen 4. I believe the Gen 4 screw is shorter and that could be your issue.

and before anyone says anything, I’ve had a couple of different sights come with different length screws and were labeled g3 and g4

yea I tried looking inside it, I cant really see anything wrong. But its not the slide at all. I never tried installing the front sight as I checked to see if the screw went in the font sight before I tried installing it. And it didnt go in all the way and i stopped there.
Did you happen to mix up the screws from the original sight,
Would Trijicon take your sights back under warranty vs dealing with a return from OP?
Sounds to me like you got the wrong screw from the start, OP probably sent you a return that someone bought to snag the screw from and returned it missing the correct screw.

As a side note. I'm not sure what's going on a Trijicon but I've had a number of issues with their sights over the last couple of years. They used to be my go to.

sorry guys, been buys. No deff didnt mix up screws. New slide and i dont have any other screws. it was the one it came with. Box for the sits just says the Glock model its for no Gen numbers.
I do not see any burs on the screw it self. leads me to believe its the sight.
Trijicon said they would send me other screws to try i am waiting on that still. If they dont come soon i am just going to send them back.

I dont know why and I know this doesn't help but I am reminded of this old man (late 70s). He would be in dunks every morning when I was there to get my coffee. And he always had the same line. He would go up to the young dunks girls and say "hey wanna screw?" Then would reveal a small screw in his hand. He thought he was the shit. I hope im that insane someday.

image.jpeg

This is why anyone who works with small screws should have a thread sizing plate to test for size and thread and whether metric or SAE.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
sorry guys, been buys. No deff didnt mix up screws. New slide and i dont have any other screws. it was the one it came with. Box for the sits just says the Glock model its for no Gen numbers.
I do not see any burs on the screw it self. leads me to believe its the sight.
Trijicon said they would send me other screws to try i am waiting on that still. If they dont come soon i am just going to send them back.
Is this a factory part or after market?
I stopped buying from optic planet years ago because of to much BS.
From open box , to getting a scope that was labeled demo right on it. No digi cam back then , also once I found out they dont stock most of the items I said no more. Now 10 years later I have not seen anything on their website at any better deal to bother trying again . I would send the entire thing back , try again

Back
Top Bottom