Trade-ins at Bass Pro

Has anyone here had the chance to trade in guns at BPS? If so, how was the trade in value? Good, average, less than average. I'm thinking of trading in a couple of pistols I don't shoot, or haven't shot in years.

Thanks
Kurt

No idea.

Also worth asking if they will do consignments, as you get a lot more money for your guns that way.

Just be prepared: Typical industry guideline is that you get offered ~50% of what the dealer expects to sell the gun for on a straight purchase. And it seems that you get 75-80% on a consignment sale. Thus, I'd expect that a trade-in would net somewhere between those two sets of numbers.

Currently there is no trade ins at BPS. There's talk that we will be carrying used rifles. Not sure on the process of selling back to BPS. I do know that other stores do buy firearms. But as we don't have one of the BPS Fine Gun Rooms, I haven't found anyone that can actually answer that question.

I have been told that no matter what, it's looking like after Christmas when things calm down before we'll see anything like this start to happen.

I do believe that they are also trying to work with other dealers in other states to have a few central points of contacts for transfers. That way, if you come down to visit, we have something on a sale that you can't beat. You would still be able to buy it, and then have it transfered to another FFL in your home state around New England. As of right now I don't know who these dealers would be...but I hear it's being discussed. Again, for after Christmas.

And it seems that you get 75-80%
82% at Four Seasons - the consignment commission is 18% (15% for expensive items or collections) which is far better than you'll do on a trade in anywhere.

squeeze, why don't you post them here on the classified ads? They work, and they are free.

Watcha got....I'm in your area and am always looking for "interesting" items... as are a lot of other members.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom