• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

This is part of why I'm an "armed Jew"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't 'Jewish' a religion, not an ethnicity? People can choose to be Jewish or not, right? Like Ivanka Trump had to convert to it so Kushner's family would accept her. This always intrigued me though - I was having a conversation at a dinner table among some folks, and one of my Jewish friends is married to a Chinese woman, something his mom to this day is disgusted by the fact she isn't "Jewish". I asked, well, if she converts then there's no problem right? All the Jews at the table made a face and said something like "yeah.... no, it's not the same". Why?
I bet you looked like a real shlamozzel (spelling?)

It’s unfortunate this will fan the flames, but, as usual, you’re wrong.

View attachment 795298

Wow so my LA buddy who says '$400K is a solid middle class income" is wrong

Isn't 'Jewish' a religion, not an ethnicity? People can choose to be Jewish or not, right? Like Ivanka Trump had to convert to it so Kushner's family would accept her. This always intrigued me though - I was having a conversation at a dinner table among some folks, and one of my Jewish friends is married to a Chinese woman, something his mom to this day is disgusted by the fact she isn't "Jewish". I asked, well, if she converts then there's no problem right? All the Jews at the table made a face and said something like "yeah.... no, it's not the same". Why?
Little a little b

There is both

It’s kind of both a religion and an ethnicity. Kind of unique that way.

You can choose to be Jewish or not, religion-wise.

But there is also a Jewish ethnicity. There are ethnic Jews who aren’t at all religious, or who may even follow another religion. Then, there are also religious Jews who are ethnically Chinese or other races one doesn’t normally associate with Judaism.

It's a religion in practice. It's an ethnicity when some racist dirtbag wants to herd them onto a box car.

No, that's not a troll joke, that's exactly how it works. You can watch that exact dynamic play out in the posts above.

I fail to see what citizenship in Israel has to do with the fact that, contrary to your belief, I do not get any sort of special treatment for being Jewish. Literally none whatsoever.
Well, you get what the white nationalists want. A country of your own that you can fly off to any time you want. A country that only people just like you are allowed to immigrate to. A country supported by billions of American tax dollars every year.

Your opinions get to be above criticism by way of labeling dissenters “anti-semites”

I’m a little jealous of the Jewish nationalist thing. If I had a country I could go to where only like minded, ethnically similar people were allowed, I’d have been there by now.

So an Asian girl who is in love with a Jewish guy and he says the only way his family will accept her if she was Jewish. She says no problem I'll convert asap! Ehh.. why problem?

This is a question to which you won't get an answer.

It's a religion in practice. It's an ethnicity when some racist dirtbag wants to herd them onto a box car.

No, that's not a troll joke, that's exactly how it works. You can watch that exact dynamic play out in the posts above.

Can you be an atheist Christian? Not really.

Can you be an atheist Muslim? Hell no.

Can you be a Jewish atheist? Yes.

This is a question to which you won't get an answer.
That's right. The two other Jewish girls at the table made the face 'yeah... it's not the same'. And I couldn't really press on and ask them to elaborate.

I’m a little jealous of the Jewish nationalist thing. If I had a country I could go to where only like minded, ethnically similar people were allowed, I’d have been there by now.
Hungary? Haven't they been blocking all the darkies from coming in? The migrants needed a way around it on their journey to Germany.

That's right. The two other Jewish girls at the table made the face 'yeah... it's not the same'. And I couldn't really press on and ask them to elaborate.

Ask an Israeli if you can "convert" to Judaism and they will laugh in your face. It's a very different thing than converting to Christianity where all you have to do is read the Bible, go to Church, get baptized and say you're Christian.

Christianity is a bit of a joke really. The Christian bible was cobbled together in AD 325 at the Council of Nicea by order of (Roman) Emperor Constantine. Constantine was fed up with the squabbling of various Christian sects so he made them come together and hash out a common book. Much was omitted from the Christian Bible at that time, for example the Book of Enoch.

Last edited:
Well, you get what the white nationalists want. A country of your own that you can fly off to any time you want. A country that only people just like you are allowed to immigrate to. A country supported by billions of American tax dollars every year.

Your opinions get to be above criticism by way of labeling dissenters “anti-semites”

Judaism is not the monolithically simple model that you seem to think it is.

Sephardic
Ashkenazic
Hasidic
Orthodox
Conservative
Reform

Hungary? Haven't they been blocking all the darkies from coming in? The migrants needed a way around it on their journey to Germany.

Good point. You're a smart man, hangin' wit de crackas here at NES. Do you not, in your heart, know what will happen when the USA becomes a nation of POC?

Ask an Israeli if you can "convert" to Judaism and they will laugh in your face. It's a very different thing than converting to Christianity where all you have to do is read the Bible, go to Church and say you're Christian.

Christianity is a bit of a joke really. The Christian bible was cobbled together in AD 325 at the Council of Nicea by order of (Roman) Emperor Constantine. Constantine was fed up with the squabbling of the various Christian sects so he made them come together and hash out a common book. Much was omitted from the Christian Bible at that time, for example the Book of Enoch.
But Israelis and Jews are entirely different things. I disagree on the joke thing. Anyone who wants to be a Christian just needs to get dunked in water and bam, you're in the club. Strength in numbers makes the army stronger for the next crusades right?

So an Asian girl who is in love with a Jewish guy and he says the only way his family will accept her if she was Jewish. She says no problem I'll convert asap! Ehh.. why problem?
There are people from isreal that are jews that aren't religeous and they are still jews

Then there are people who can just be jewish by being religeous

Judaism is not the monolithically simple model that you seem to think it is.

Sephardic
Ashkenazic
Hasidic
Orthodox
Conservative
Reform

Exactly. The book in your first post focuses on the participation of Sephardic Jews in the slave trade as both investors and Caribbean plantation owners. A distant (Sephardic Jewish) ancestor of my wife owned a general store on St. Thomas in the 18th Century.

The first synagogue in the US was built in Newport, RI by Sephardic Jews. Newport was the largest slave trade port in North America in the 18th Century.

Well, you get what the white nationalists want. A country of your own that you can fly off to any time you want. A country that only people just like you are allowed to immigrate to.
You are wildly ignorant. Israel is a very diverse country with a lot of Christians and Muslims, as well as Arab and eastern European immigrants.

You are wildly ignorant. Israel is a very diverse country with a lot of Christians and Muslims, as well as Arab and eastern European immigrants.
no one cares of what the real reality is, as it is way simpler to exist in your own version of universe that is built on your own prejudices.

Can you be an atheist Christian? Not really.

Can you be an atheist Muslim? Hell no.

Can you be a Jewish atheist? Yes.
Well, there's the phrase "Lapsed Catholic" that kinda makes that chart a problem.

And, I know LOTS of ex-christians. Maybe the question is whether if you're 'ex' you're no longer put in a box by others.

I never understood this "anti-Jew" sentiment ever. What did Jewish people do that was so bad?

It's unfortunate but there are a few Jew haters here on NES that have not been shy about their dislike for the entire race. I'm not outing them but they are not hard to find through the search function.
what made a jew a jew anyway? most of u look like white people to me lol

I never understood this "anti-Jew" sentiment ever. What did Jewish people do that was so bad?
Idk but whatever it is they've pissed off everyone since the beginning of time. It's really amazing to see how many cultures persecuted the jews

Most American jews came over from russias purge in ww1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom