• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

They can't steal it if they can't find it - the coolest safe in the world

Bump because they are cool and,

Any chance of putting a slide or molding lock instead of RFID on the end tables like on the bookcase. I am not a fan of the RFID and I don't think magnets will fly in mass.

Bump because they are cool and,

Any chance of putting a slide or molding lock instead of RFID on the end tables like on the bookcase. I am not a fan of the RFID and I don't think magnets will fly in mass.

Absolutely - there are many ways to skin the cat. I've made dozens of customized variations... Feel free to contact me to discuss!
Thanks

Wonderful so no instead of a normal ransacked break in they will smash furniture even more...

Wonderful so no instead of a normal ransacked break in they will smash furniture even more...

58161462.jpg

Hard to justify spending that kind of money on a single piece of furniture. Especially when you can just spend a couple hundred on a concealable quick safe you can hide anywhere. Granted you cant hide a rifle but none the less will do the job.

Hi All,
I'm based in NH and have made something which I think is pretty cool, and wanted to share it here.
Gun safes are ugly.
Gun safes advertise the fact that you have guns.
All safes can be cracked.
In the 18th century, high end furniture often contained secret compartments with the concept of: if they can't find it, they can't steal it.
Thus, I have designed and built what is possibly the coolest hideaway device in the world.

I welcome your feedback.

Thanks!
Matt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pYqquG27pg&feature=plcp

Nightstand design is done:

My mind is blown. Great work

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem is its a FELONY if someone is busted for violating storage laws...but as I said, its gorgeous stuff.

Problem is its a FELONY if someone is busted for violating storage laws...but as I said, its gorgeous stuff.

So what? It's not being advertised as meeting legal standards for MA storage. There is more than one state in the union, after all.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything I build is custom to oder - if there are additional state requirements that can be met with an extra lock, for example, I can build anything needed to fit the bill...

So what? It's not being advertised as meeting legal standards for MA storage. There is more than one state in the union, after all.....
There is no specific standard, so you will not see a line similar to the common "CA dept of justice approved" in the ads. Commonwealth v. Reyes does provide some guidance, however, there is no certification procedure except for the locks provided with guns by licensed dealers.

Very nice work. I get what you're saying. My house built in 1840 has wall of bookcases in living room and has a section that retracts up into ceiling with counter weights and bottom hinges in to a 3x3 room with a trap door to cellar. Right on the harbor so underground railroad and also prohibition. Also a built in corner hutch with hinged panels in top that open with a concealed pin from inside hutch. Previous owner must have found the treasure.

Very nice work. I get what you're saying. My house built in 1840 has wall of bookcases in living room and has a section that retracts up into ceiling with counter weights and bottom hinges in to a 3x3 room with a trap door to cellar. Right on the harbor so underground railroad and also prohibition. Also a built in corner hutch with hinged panels in top that open with a concealed pin from inside hutch. Previous owner must have found the treasure.
That is awesome!

So what? Many NES members are from Massachusetts and may not be aware of the trouble they may find themselves in if they get jammed up on a potential storage violation i.e a lifetime PP violation.

So what? Many NES members are from Massachusetts and may not be aware of the trouble they may find themselves in if they get jammed up on a potential storage violation i.e a lifetime PP violation.

LOL why does every thread here have to be contaminated with MA bullshit? [laugh] Also the "safe storage requirements" are broad enough so that most of the stuff being talked about here would easily be compliant if one really cared about that kind of thing. It's not like the state has to put a stamp of approval on every device used to secure a firearm in MA.

-Mike

LOL why does every thread here have to be contaminated with MA bullshit? [laugh] Also the "safe storage requirements" are broad enough so that most of the stuff being talked about here would easily be compliant if one really cared about that kind of thing. It's not like the state has to put a stamp of approval on every device used to secure a firearm in MA.

-Mike

yep, a damn backpack with little mini padlocks on the zippers meets MA safe storage laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the law says secured locked container or trigger/action lock for ****'s sake. If he builds in a lockable compartment then it's a ****ing locked container.

Back
Top Bottom