They’re coming for your guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need. Bulletproof vests are no match for run-of-the-mill centerfire rifle rounds. Nor are kevlar helmets. So, unless they have rifle plates, center mass with the AR and whatever ammo you have will get it done, If they have plates, center mass to get them down, then head shots when they aren't moving.

You are correct to a point. We actually do have bulletproof vests that can withstand 6 AK47 rounds at 10-12 feet. We have had them since 2007ish...

Just the begining. The house just passed more intense backround checks for a firearms purchase. 10 Democrats voted in favor and 8 Republicans voted against. So basically any new proposed anti firearm laws will pass, by a 10 to 8 vote. They are probably going to pass a large magazine cap ban on Thursday as well as the assault weapons ban we already have in MA. Any thoughts?

I'm confused... I thought the guy who shot up Sandyhook was a mental case with access to his mother's weapons? If he was and if that was in effect in CT wouldn't it have helped some? I know we are doing "what ifs" but it seems a logical one. The LA confiscation during Katrina was definitely BS and I'm glad the NRA fought for it and won. Win for us.

I have thought long and hard about what you are saying, but a few things come to mind.

1) When you need your EBR, wtf good is it if you have to dig it up before you can use it? "Wait right here fellas, I'll be back in about 15 minutes"[rolleyes]

2)If there is ever a real confiscation, can you think of a better time than that to actually need your guns?

3)If there is ever a real confiscation, don't you think that the .gov has sonar, or other detecting equipment to find whatever you bury? Sure, you can bury it offsite, but then it goes right back to example #1. If I HAVE to hide them so well that they aren't readily accessible to me, then I may as well hand them over, because what's the point in having them at that point?
When the time comes to bury your guns, it is most certainly time to dig them up.

And I hate to bring up any of this talk about "Pelvic Girdle" shots or "they don't have plates" etc. etc., but has anyone seen a guy shoot the law and survive? So as much as I love my guns, I love my life and more importantly my families lives even more. Unfortunately, shooting the law is basically a death sentence unless you just give up and get arrested which also sucks....

Just the begining. The house just passed more intense backround checks for a firearms purchase. 10 Democrats voted in favor and 8 Republicans voted against. So basically any new proposed anti firearm laws will pass, by a 10 to 8 vote. They are probably going to pass a large magazine cap ban on Thursday as well as the assault weapons ban we already have in MA. Any thoughts?

wut

And I hate to bring up any of this talk about "Pelvic Girdle" shots or "they don't have plates" etc. etc., but has anyone seen a guy shoot the law and survive? So as much as I love my guns, I love my life and more importantly my families lives even more. Unfortunately, shooting the law is basically a death sentence unless you just give up and get arrested which also sucks....

There are worse things than dieing. IMO

I may get some negative reps for pointing this out, but here goes....

I don't think most of us would have anything to worry about in terms of losing our guns,
"The agents, working for the only state-level program to confiscate illegal firearms from owners, targeted people who’d once legally purchased firearms and lost the right after being convicted of violent crimes, committed to mental institutions or hit with restraining orders."
It's called practice.

So I am just wondering (honest question here). Is anyone really going to do anything if the law comes for their firearms (and I am not looking details)? The reason Iask this is I was watching a video last night that was put out by the NRA which covered the firearm confiscation that took place in New Orleans after the hurricane. It appeared from the video that most folks who had their guns confiscated were out numbered by law enforcement when that time came and just handed them over. So if that happened in the South where guns are a normal part of life, what will happen in places like Mass, NY etc?

So by the time I wrote this some have replied and it seems like everyone will be losing their guns.

James

I will not comply.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you will just have wait and find out.

JW,

It does appear that way, even though some folks have stated what their response will be (and I have no issues with them). I personally hope it does not come to that but my gut feeling says this issue could be a country divider in more ways than opinions.

James

I may get some negative reps for pointing this out, but here goes....

I don't think most of us would have anything to worry about in terms of losing our guns,
"The agents, working for the only state-level program to confiscate illegal firearms from owners, targeted people who’d once legally purchased firearms and lost the right after being convicted of violent crimes, committed to mental institutions or hit with restraining orders."

Not a negative rep, but a WTF. SO a jilted ex wife decides to pull a RO on you and you no longer can have weapons? Nothing to worry about there. And what is that process for getting a RO on someone? I bet you don;t even need to have any legit allegations.

Well Weaver survived, of course, they murdered his wife and son.....

Not a negative rep, but a WTF. SO a jilted ex wife decides to pull a RO on you and you no longer can have weapons? Nothing to worry about there. And what is that process for getting a RO on someone? I bet you don;t even need to have any legit allegations.

That's the really sad part! I have read other threads on this, and it seems as though it isn't difficult at all to pull one on anyone if you are so inclined.

I agree on the apartment searching. I don;t think you can expect to hide weapons from officers trained to find them. Best way to keep them from the arm of the law is to have them off site. Off site just mean out of the house - like in a water proof container buried in the back yard. Just be sure to throw in a shit load of silica packets.

Ever hear of ground penatating radar, metal detectors and heavy equipment? They will make Gold Rush Alaska look like a clam bake. You won't have to till the yard for the garden the next year [rofl]

I agree with off-site but it has to be way off site, like in the woods a mile or more away. [mg]

Of course then you might worry about who else might find them, but they won't find them on your property.

Of course how many people who say they will, will go down shooting? People talk big but when push comes to shove most people want to live, if they have families, if they are loners then they may be willing to be a headline "Terrorist shot while resisting confiscation" [tinfoil]

Does this mean, we are going to equate ourselves with Spartans? My history might be fuzzy but I thought they were invaded by a foreign country? What I honestly appreciate is that we all have that right to fight if we want and say whatever we want. It's what still makes this country a great place to live. I know guys hate LE and the "gov't" and thats their right, just wish guys would take a step back and realize theres better ways to handle stuff then hide guns and plan on shooting anyone who trys to take them.

Last edited by a moderator:

You do need to have legit allegations to obtain an RO, at least in MA. It requires you to call an on call judge/ magistrate to plead the case to them and sometimes even have the victim speak with the judge to get the Emergency RO. A regular RO still requires you to go to the court house and apply for one. They usually require any type of police reports there may be and a good reason for it. I've personally seen people get turned down for them. And it's already MA law that when you have a RO put out on you whoever serves you is supposed to confiscate any known weapons in the house. The difference is we don't have any crazy big brother database in MA that tells them who has weapons. It's just "do you have weapons or firearms?"

Does this mean, we are going to equate ourselves with Spartans? My history might be fuzzy but I thought they were invaded by a foreign country? What I honestly appreciate is that we all have that right to fight if we want and say whatever we want. It's what still makes this country a great place to live. I know guys hate LE and the "gov't" and thats their right, just wish guys would take a step back and realize theres better ways to handle stuff then hide guns and plan on shooting anyone who trys to take them.

[popcorn]

go to judge and say you're afraid of someone. They lose their guns and kids.

It's that simple.

Depends on the Judge. Unfortunately in MA we have some crazy Judges who may fall for something like that, but thats the not the case in every court. And regardless, your leaving out a whole lot of facts, like you need to be or have been in a relationship with them or related, etc. etc.... plus a million other things.

No need. Bulletproof vests are no match for run-of-the-mill centerfire rifle rounds. Nor are kevlar helmets. So, unless they have rifle plates, center mass with the AR and whatever ammo you have will get it done, If they have plates, center mass to get them down, then head shots when they aren't moving.

Which is why states like Ct are trying to ban what they call armor piercing bullets. What they are referring to is all full metal jacketed rounds people. Armor piercing rounds have been illegal since the 1968 gun ban. We also have the pleasure of people like Malloy trying to completely ban AR's. He said it in an interview. They want a full ban.

“Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”—John Adams

It is not always about us. I would rather I die, so that my children and your children may live free.

You do need to have legit allegations to obtain an RO, at least in MA. It requires you to call an on call judge/ magistrate to plead the case to them and sometimes even have the victim speak with the judge to get the Emergency RO. A regular RO still requires you to go to the court house and apply for one. They usually require any type of police reports there may be and a good reason for it. I've personally seen people get turned down for them. And it's already MA law that when you have a RO put out on you whoever serves you is supposed to confiscate any known weapons in the house. The difference is we don't have any crazy big brother database in MA that tells them who has weapons. It's just "do you have weapons or firearms?"

You would be wrong on that last part that I highlighted. They know exactly what you own if you ever bought it legitimately through an FFL, or filed an FA10 as required by law. Defacto registration...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom