• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

They’re coming for your guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am just wondering (honest question here). Is anyone really going to do anything if the law comes for their firearms (and I am not looking details)? The reason Iask this is I was watching a video last night that was put out by the NRA which covered the firearm confiscation that took place in New Orleans after the hurricane. It appeared from the video that most folks who had their guns confiscated were out numbered by law enforcement when that time came and just handed them over. So if that happened in the South where guns are a normal part of life, what will happen in places like Mass, NY etc?

So by the time I wrote this some have replied and it seems like everyone will be losing their guns.

James

So I am just wondering (honest question here). Is anyone really going to do anything if the law comes for their firearms (and I am not looking details)? The reason Iask this is I was watching a video last night that was put out by the NRA which covered the firearm confiscation that took place in New Orleans after the hurricane. It appeared from the video that most folks who had their guns confiscated were out numbered by law enforcement when that time came and just handed them over. So if that happened in the South where guns are a normal part of life, what will happen in places like Mass, NY etc?

So by the time I wrote this some have replied and it seems like everyone will be losing their guns.

James
someone from your agency already took them.

lol

Last edited:
I had a tenant who owed me rent and was avoiding me. It was a couple of weeks ago after one of the snow storms. We had shoveled for an hour or so. I knocked on the door. A guy answered. "He's not here. he went to the store."

"I've been here for an hour and there aren't any track out of here. Mind if I come in and take a look?"

As I'm looking at him, expecting him to let me in, he steps back and says, "Sure, come on in."

My wife stayed inside the door and I went to the basement. The guy who answered the door went upstairs and miraculously found the guy sleeping. My tenant came downstairs soon after I came up out of the basement.

He's gone now. I have a new tenant in there.

The point of this is that people let other people into their homes, and you should never let cops into your homes without a warrant. How about a group buy on that welcome mat that says, Come Back With A Warrant.

Another sham from the govt, if someone is in a mental hospital for only two days and let out, what the hell where they in there for in the first place. Is it because they where fed up with this govt or maybe their work and where forced into it. This crap is really getting out of control and of course the nazi's will just turn the story around if people start to violently stand up to these turds! Although it's also fault of these supposed "Good cops" that are just doing "Their jobs", what a bunch of crap they either need to help take a stand for the constitution or they are the "ENEMY".

Charles.

Claymores. Not the sharp kind.

I was picturing most people with a stack of forms already filled out stating there were stolen with the date field left blank. Then filling in the date as one day before the cops showed up. But your way will work also.

James

I was picturing most people with a stack of forms already filled out stating there were stolen with the date field left blank. Then filling in the date as one day before the cops showed up. But your way will work also.

James

the people in your mind are pussies.

the people in the article are a**h***s, no warrant, they let the cops in to take their weapons. The article even stated getting a warrant for the reasons mentioned would be difficult!

How about a group buy on that welcome mat that says, Come Back With A Warrant.

Ever had one of those moments when you knew somebody fit right in? I'm having one right now.

Oh you mean the one where the NRA sued the whole town and won?
» New Orleans Mayor Admits Illegal Gun Confiscation Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Controversy arose over a September 8 city-wide order by New Orleans Police Superintendent Eddie Compass to local police, U.S. Army National Guard soldiers, and Deputy U.S. Marshals to confiscate all civilian-held firearms. "No one will be able to be armed," Compass said. "Guns will be taken. Only law enforcement will be allowed to have guns." Seizures were carried out without warrant, and in some cases with excessive force; one instance captured on film involved 58 year old New Orleans resident Patricia Konie. Konie stayed behind, in her well provisioned home, and had an old revolver for protection. A group of police entered the house, and when she refused to surrender her revolver, she was tackled and it was removed by force. Konie's shoulder was fractured, and she was taken into police custody for failing to surrender her firearm.[SUP][81][/SUP][SUP][82][/SUP]Angered citizens, backed by the National Rifle Association and other organizations, filed protests over the constitutionality of such an order and the difficulty in tracking seizures, as paperwork was rarely filed during the searches. Wayne LaPierre, CEO of the National Rifle Association, defended the right of affected citizens to retain firearms, saying that, "What we’ve seen in Louisiana - the breakdown of law and order in the aftermath of disaster - is exactly the kind of situation where the Second Amendment was intended to allow citizens to protect themselves." The searches received little news coverage, though reaction from groups such as the NRA, the Second Amendment Foundation, and Gun Owners of America was immediate and heated, and a lawsuit was filed September 22 by the NRA and SAF on behalf of two firearm owners whose firearms were seized. On September 23, theU.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana issued a restraining order to bar further firearms confiscations.[SUP][81][/SUP]
After refusing to admit that it had any seized firearms, the city revealed in mid-March that it did have a cache of some 1000 firearms seized after the hurricane; this disclosure came after the NRA filed a motion in court to hold the city in contempt for failure to comply with the U.S. District Court's earlier order to return all seized firearms. On April 14, 2006, it was announced that the city will begin to return seized firearms, however as of early 2008, many firearms were still in police possession, and the matter was still in court.[SUP][81][/SUP] The matter was finally settled in favor of the NRA in October 2008. Per the agreement, the city was required to relax the strict proof of ownership requirements previously used, and was to release firearms to their owners with an affidavit claiming ownership and a background check to verify that the owner is legally able to possess a firearm.[SUP][83][/SUP]
Louisiana legislator Steve Scalise introduced Louisiana House Bill 760, which would prohibit confiscation of firearms in a state of emergency, unless the seizure is pursuant to the investigation of a crime, or if the seizure is necessary to prevent immediate harm to the officer or another individual. On June 8, 2006, HB 760 was signed into law.[SUP][84][/SUP] 21 other states joined Louisiana in enacting similar laws. A federal law prohibiting seizure of lawfully held firearms during an emergency, the Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006, passed in the House with a vote of 322 to 99, and in the Senate by 84-16. The bill was signed into law by President Bush on October 9, 2006.[SUP][85][/SUP]

[video=youtube_share;-taU9d26wT4]http://youtu.be/-taU9d26wT4[/video]

In this incident people didn't believe that the police were coming for their weapons. They believed the police were there to help them, which made the betrayal far worse. The damage done by the incident I'm sure left a lingering mistrust.

And if you believe that all the weapons were confiscated or that a singular resistance to an overwhelming force was a good move then I can see that you're naive. Remember that there are many rules against carrying firearms and many criminals still carry them.

All Molon Labe and testosterone aside....I guess the question becomes 'what do you do if they come when you aren't home?'

They can toss your house, kick in drywall, cut open/break whatever they want in the search, shoot your dog, and there is no liability. My firearms and ammunition are stored in compliance with MA law, but what do you realistically do if you come home and there is a warrant taped to your door?

It's hard to defend your home while you are out working. It keeps me awake at night.

All Molon Labe and testosterone aside....I guess the question becomes 'what do you do if they come when you aren't home?'

They can toss your house, kick in drywall, cut open/break whatever they want in the search, shoot your dog, and there is no liability. My firearms and ammunition are stored in compliance with MA law, but what do you realistically do if you come home and there is a warrant taped to your door?

It's hard to defend your home while you are out working. It keeps me awake at night.

Your guns could already be where they can't be found.

Have some mixed feelings about this

1334861192528.jpg

It's CA, gunowners should have left that place years ago.

smitty

I'm torn on that one. California is a beautiful state. Massachusett's is a beautiful place and full of our country's history. Does everyone really want to give up and let them take these places over completely? I know they already have in a lot of ways, but seriously, we should be taking these places back and not giving up. I live here and I vote. I know that doesn't mean alot around here, but I have real hard time giving up. Even still, Texas or Arizona is looking better and better with every year that goes by...

I'm torn on that one. California is a beautiful state. Massachusett's is a beautiful place and full of our country's history. Does everyone really want to give up and let them take these places over completely? I know they already have in a lot of ways, but seriously, we should be taking these places back and not giving up. I live here and I vote. I know that doesn't mean alot around here, but I have real hard time giving up. Even still, Texas or Arizona is looking better and better with every year that goes by...

1334861192528.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom