They’re coming for your guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm torn on that one. California is a beautiful state. Massachusett's is a beautiful place and full of our country's history. Does everyone really want to give up and let them take these places over completely? I know they already have in a lot of ways, but seriously, we should be taking these places back and not giving up. I live here and I vote. I know that doesn't mean alot around here, but I have real hard time giving up. Even still, Texas or Arizona is looking better and better with every year that goes by...

Lived here almost all my life , unfortunately it's become a shithole. Won't be living here forever .

Everyone should have a good array of drops for situations such as this... Yes Officer, you can have those Taurus's, Rossi, and please god take that f'ing Walther P22. Were good, kthx, bbq.

Vipprimo,

That is what I was referring to. I understand that the NRA won after the fact the guns were confiscated.
I am also not naive enough to think all guns were taken or going up against a large number of police would be wise. But do you really believe that if they come to confiscate firearms from registered owners only one will be coming? So unless folks have a lot of friends hanging around the odds would be the same.

Anyway I was just looking for some answers to an honestquestion and have them so I will be on my way.

James

Last edited:
The day we use California as a model for anything is the day I leave. It's a model in failure. They're broke, created some of the most vicious gangs in the world and they think because they have Hollywood and Beverly Hills that they're "pretty" and important. You live on a fault line and your hobbies are jogging! Are you out of your mind? Even worse they probably endorse the idea that everyone should pay for that registration process because it supposedly saves everyone's life!

Oh, we took away your guns because of a restraining order... looks like they didn't enforce the restraining order and he choked her to death! Good job. Glad to see the taxpayers dollars are helping out so much!

Vipprimo,

That is what I was referring to. I understand that the NRAwon after the fact the guns were confiscated.
I am also not naive enough to think all guns were taken orgoing up against a large number of police would be wise. But do you reallybelieve that if they come to confiscate firearms from registered owners onlyone will be coming? So unless folks have a lot of friends hanging around theodds would be the same.
Anyway I was just looking for some answers to an honestquestion and have them so I will be on my way.

James

I have been addressed. Nice.

Oh, I think people are very aware that more than one will be coming.

Lets look at New York for instance. The SAFE act is in place and now there are court case after court case. They have said, and set a date, for confiscation. A whole group of gun owners have called them out. That's not one guy lounging in a chair during a hurricane expecting the police driving down the street to hand him his EBT card (they had EBT cards there). These guys have the capability to get dug in, mobilize weapons, and react accordingly. See, that's the point with laws. You pass them and people have time to prepare. They're saying, "come get them." Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that is an invite for a cook-out.

Last edited:
No need. Bulletproof vests are no match for run-of-the-mill centerfire rifle rounds. Nor are kevlar helmets. So, unless they have rifle plates, center mass with the AR and whatever ammo you have will get it done, If they have plates, center mass to get them down, then head shots when they aren't moving.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Make_MA_2A_Compliant again.

(Just one more kick in the balls from "The Man," LOL.)

There is a real simple answer to this type of "backdoor" confiscation... ask to see a warrant before you let any LEO in your home. No warrant, no access.

I agree on the apartment searching. I don;t think you can expect to hide weapons from officers trained to find them. Best way to keep them from the arm of the law is to have them off site. Off site just mean out of the house - like in a water proof container buried in the back yard. Just be sure to throw in a shit load of silica packets.

So I am just wondering (honest question here). Is anyone really going to do anything if the law comes for their firearms (and I am not looking details)? The reason Iask this is I was watching a video last night that was put out by the NRA which covered the firearm confiscation that took place in New Orleans after the hurricane. It appeared from the video that most folks who had their guns confiscated were out numbered by law enforcement when that time came and just handed them over. So if that happened in the South where guns are a normal part of life, what will happen in places like Mass, NY etc?

So by the time I wrote this some have replied and it seems like everyone will be losing their guns.

James
Does my screen name clear things up for you? There is a reason it's all CAPS.

Sam Paredes, executive director of the Folsom-based advocacy group Gun Owners of California, praised the program...

MIGHT be time to find/start a new firearm-rights group, CA...

I must be slacking at work, because this was sent using Tapatalk

“Very, very few states have an archive of firearm owners like we have,”

good

- - - Updated - - -

Vipprimo,

That is what I was referring to. I understand that the NRA won after the fact the guns were confiscated.
I am also not naive enough to think all guns were taken or going up against a large number of police would be wise. But do you really believe that if they come to confiscate firearms from registered owners only one will be coming? So unless folks have a lot of friends hanging around the odds would be the same.

James

why do you keep making your posts in giant script ???

No need. Bulletproof vests are no match for run-of-the-mill centerfire rifle rounds. Nor are kevlar helmets. So, unless they have rifle plates, center mass with the AR and whatever ammo you have will get it done, If they have plates, center mass to get them down, then head shots when they aren't moving.

Pelvic girdle

Whenever I hear people outside I just open a window or go on the balcony and fire two blasts into mid air from my double barrel shotgun.

Whenever I hear people outside I just open a window or go on the balcony and fire two blasts into mid air from my double barrel shotgun.

It is especially effective if you use the thing that goes up also.

Another sham from the govt, if someone is in a mental hospital for only two days and let out, what the hell where they in there for in the first place. Is it because they where fed up with this govt or maybe their work and where forced into it. This crap is really getting out of control and of course the nazi's will just turn the story around if people start to violently stand up to these turds! Although it's also fault of these supposed "Good cops" that are just doing "Their jobs", what a bunch of crap they either need to help take a stand for the constitution or they are the "ENEMY".

Charles.

Not even. If you live with that person, even though you did nothing wrong, you lose your guns too.

Bob

From the article:
They had better luck in nearby Upland, where they seized three guns from the home of Lynette Phillips, 48, who’d been hospitalized for mental illness, and her husband, David. One gun was registered to her, two to him.

“The prohibited person can’t have access to a firearm,” regardless of who the registered owner is, said Michelle Gregory, a spokeswoman for the attorney general’s office.

“Very, very few states have an archive of firearm owners like we have,”

good

- - - Updated - - -

why do you keep making your posts in giant script ???

Ivarr,

I usually type everything up in Word so my spelling may actually be correct. Then I just copy and paste it in.

James

I may get some negative reps for pointing this out, but here goes....

I don't think most of us would have anything to worry about in terms of losing our guns,
"The agents, working for the only state-level program to confiscate illegal firearms from owners, targeted people who’d once legally purchased firearms and lost the right after being convicted of violent crimes, committed to mental institutions or hit with restraining orders."

I agree on the apartment searching. I don;t think you can expect to hide weapons from officers trained to find them. Best way to keep them from the arm of the law is to have them off site. Off site just mean out of the house - like in a water proof container buried in the back yard. Just be sure to throw in a shit load of silica packets.

I have thought long and hard about what you are saying, but a few things come to mind.

1) When you need your EBR, wtf good is it if you have to dig it up before you can use it? "Wait right here fellas, I'll be back in about 15 minutes"[rolleyes]

2)If there is ever a real confiscation, can you think of a better time than that to actually need your guns?

3)If there is ever a real confiscation, don't you think that the .gov has sonar, or other detecting equipment to find whatever you bury? Sure, you can bury it offsite, but then it goes right back to example #1. If I HAVE to hide them so well that they aren't readily accessible to me, then I may as well hand them over, because what's the point in having them at that point?

I may get some negative reps for pointing this out, but here goes....

I don't think most of us would have anything to worry about in terms of losing our guns,
"The agents, working for the only state-level program to confiscate illegal firearms from owners, targeted people who’d once legally purchased firearms and lost the right after being convicted of violent crimes, committed to mental institutions or hit with restraining orders."

You left out the fact that they are also taking the guns of legal gun owners who have done nothing wrong because they live in the same house.

Bob

You left out the fact that they are also taking the guns of legal gun owners who have done nothing wrong because they live in the same house.

Bob

This! This allows for them to come and get your guns because someone who lives in your home is prohibited in some fashion whether it be mental, or criminal reasons, even if they don't have access to them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom