The Worst thing I have ever seen done to a gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. I've been told many times that a modification I plan to do to my Jeep, my car, my firearms will decrease the resale value. My response is, "I didn't buy it nor am I modifying it for the next guy". I liken it to being told by a car salesman that if I get the automatic transmission the car will have higher resale value. I respond, "Why would I pay an extra thousand dollars to have a transmission that I don't want so I can get an extra $50.00 6 years from now"?

My father always said that about seat covers. He'd say "Why should I look at ugly seats, if there are nice ones underneath?" or something like that.

That said, I have what is described as a "Glock Sock" on my P-95. That thing has slippery plastic grips without it. It adds a couple bumps and some rubbery grip, which helps in the hot or cold.

OK this is just for good old fashioned fun and I know I will take a lot of heat for saying this but somebody has gut to put this out there.[smile]
God bless the ability to speak freely and to have your own free choice.[grin]
Here goes.[wink]

In my honest opinion the absolute worst thing I have ever seen done to a gun is when someone does a grip reduction and stipple job on a GLOCK.[shocked]
I mean holy sh.t it just looks like somebody went full retard with a hot soldering iron [frown]
You could not give me for FREE one of these absolute horrible looking abortions of a gun. It is at that point pretty much a total loss of at least the frame cause IMHO it is fricken junk now! ! ![shocked]
Please now I do NOT care if you have little tiny hands or such a sally grip that you keep dropping your gun and need the rough texture.

I am not saying you can't do it. I am only saying just how much I think it sucks.

Glocks are meant to be ugly. They are precisely the type of gun you can do that kind of thing to and not feel guilty about it. I have two of mine with the panels stippled. And I'll continue to have it done if I need to. [laugh]

-Mike

Buy Talon Grips or something that come right off. That's hideous of epic proportions.

IMHO grip tape, rubber grips, etc, are all 100 times worse. Every time I bought a used Glock with that stuff on it the first thing I did is remove it. Somewhere around here I have a box filled with hogue grip sleeves, lol. Some of them I just cut off, too. [laugh]

-Mike

"SLIDER LOCK" and those "SAFE-T" Blocks on Glock pistols

"HAMMER BACK" safety contraption thing on a 1911 pistol... partially failed abortion.

ENHANCED AR-15 trigger mag releases [rofl][rofl]... um, okay. (these are the ones that reside inside the actual trigger housing).

-shy of a physical disability... those things are full retard.

i couldn't agree more
something like this:

1-15.jpg
Exactly! [puke]

IMHO grip tape, rubber grips, etc, are all 100 times worse. Every time I bought a used Glock with that stuff on it the first thing I did is remove it. Somewhere around here I have a box filled with hogue grip sleeves, lol. Some of them I just cut off, too. [laugh]

-Mike

OH LORD! Ms. FreeWillie is not gonna like you bad mouthing her "Velvet Elvis" grips.

(I don't know what they are but they are just the most pitiful things I've ever seen. I didn't say that though [laugh] )

OK this is just for good old fashioned fun and I know I will take a lot of heat for saying this but somebody has gut to put this out there.[smile]
God bless the ability to speak freely and to have your own free choice.[grin]
Here goes.[wink]

In my honest opinion the absolute worst thing I have ever seen done to a gun is when someone does a grip reduction and stipple job on a GLOCK.[shocked]
I mean holy sh.t it just looks like somebody went full retard with a hot soldering iron [frown]
You could not give me for FREE one of these absolute horrible looking abortions of a gun. It is at that point pretty much a total loss of at least the frame cause IMHO it is fricken junk now! ! ![shocked]
Please now I do NOT care if you have little tiny hands or such a sally grip that you keep dropping your gun and need the rough texture.

I am not saying you can't do it. I am only saying just how much I think it sucks.

Chime in folks, I am sure that many of you will disagree BUT someone out there has to be with me on this.
AND. . . . . . . . . .GO!

Why so much obsession with what other people do with their guns? Might as well charge them with destruction of property [thinking]

-Mike

yeah, I agree with you on the Hogue slip ons, those are bad. I only tried the Talon Grips once, and I didn't like them. I guess I just try and make a gun work for me as is. I personally don't like stipple jobs. If you want your gun like that though, or anyone else, that's your property and you have that right. [wink]

1-15.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thats actually the best stipple job I've seen on glock. I've considered it but cant deal with it being permanent since I've never actually held one that was done up.

My hands get sweaty and the Talon grips help a lot. But when the grips get soaked from my hands, I can feel the adhesive slide around. I've considered a stipple job. I'd rather the gun stay in my hand than slip out. At first I agreed, stipple jobs really do make the gun look weird, but then I understood why someone would do it.

Not a fan of those stippling jobs, but whatever. Evil, horrible things I've seen done to guns...

Sling swivels on a SxS

A light-colored birch stock on a Parker. Looked like it was inletted by a one-armed drunk monkey. Then they did a home bluing job over the case-coloring. [shocked]

Someone decided the comb was too low on a Purdey. Instead of restocking, they cut half the buttstock away and had a new, higher comb attached to it (didn't see how). And then, because the woods didn't match, they painted the new wood yellow - bright, shiny, Big Bird yellow. It looked like they were trying to put racing stripes on it.

Adam once ran across a Ruger Mark I - in a bag. The owner had tried to disassemble it, went too far, and apparently decided to complete the disassembly process since he was already in over his head. God only knows why, but he did something to it to remove the finish from the frame & barrel as well. Adam believed that several parts were missing when he looked at it. I have a soft spot for the Marks and made an offer. A very generous offer. The guy wanted double that. Somewhere that mangled little Ruger is languishing in a bag, undoubtedly slowly rusting away. That is a bad, bad thing to do to a gun.

I like it,I am going to ask my doctor if she can stipple my ^%#* for me, so I can get a better grip.

This thread has made the whole internet more stupid [rolleyes]

You dont like it, dont do it to your gun. [/U][smile]

I tend to agree with you Dan. It is their property,,,,,,I have one exception. As Milsurp collectors, I really cringe when i see what could have been a $1000 collectable or that Holy Grail that has been turned into a Bubba'd rifle. I mean , for example,,,,, people can bubba a chinese SKS all day long,, but if I see a cut down russian 53 Izveshk . 0r a sporterized all matching fully stamped K98 that had had the stocks slimmed down. I could just be sick. and yes, i am still looking for that 53 Izzy.... True confession, i really am a purist anyway...

I see nothing wrong with that Glock matched to all the $800 ARs out there with $800 worth of bipods, lasers, beer holders, upsidedown assault grips and a $500 piece of glass that then get used at no more than the local 50 yard range. (and the owner still can't hit crap)

Who cares, guns are like cars, everyone has a different idea of thier ideal.

If you think that is bad, go watch any episode of American Guns. Ugh, Zebra striped pistols, nerf gun orange shotguns, and rifles with paint jobs on them that cost as much as the rifle.... now thats horrible.

I tend to agree with you Dan. It is their property,,,,,,I have one exception. As Milsurp collectors, I really cringe when i see what could have been a $1000 collectable or that Holy Grail that has been turned into a Bubba'd rifle. I mean , for example,,,,, people can bubba a chinese SKS all day long,, but if I see a cut down russian 53 Izveshk . 0r a sporterized all matching fully stamped K98 that had had the stocks slimmed down. I could just be sick. and yes, i am still looking for that 53 Izzy.... True confession, i really am a purist anyway...

I was in Collectors Firearms in Merrimack NH on my way home from the White Mountains on Saturday and they showed me the Remington nagant that some ass hat had cut down restocked and put a HUGE muzzle brake on....

I'll respect whatever someone want to do with their property be it stippling on a glock, tactical fore grips on an AR, or cutting down 100 year old rifles that have survived multiple wars. But it does really bum me out when someone destroys a piece of history ( and as it turns out it should bum out the owner too as his bubba job cost him about $400 in value )

I was in Collectors Firearms in Merrimack NH on my way home from the White Mountains on Saturday and they showed me the Remington nagant that some ass hat had cut down restocked and put a HUGE muzzle brake on....

I'll respect whatever someone want to do with their property be it stippling on a glock, tactical fore grips on an AR, or cutting down 100 year old rifles that have survived multiple wars. But it does really bum me out when someone destroys a piece of history ( and as it turns out it should bum out the owner too as his bubba job cost him about $400 in value )

FWIW there are a bunch of cut down M91s out there that were sold like that. Not sure on the brake part, but a long time ago I remember seeing adds for cut down Remington M91s in both barreled actions and chopped stocks.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

FWIW there are a bunch of cut down M91s out there that were sold like that. Not sure on the brake part, but a long time ago I remember seeing adds for cut down Remington M91s in both barreled actions and chopped stocks.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

interesting, I didnt know that. This one was apparently cut a bit too short per NFA and was actually a felony. Needed a longer brake put on. I kinda wanted to buy it, as it would make one LOUD range toy!!

I thought the worst thing ever done to a gun was when Red Jacked bastardized the Browning BAR for Jesse James and that disaster of 1919 they did with OCC.

Agreed. They make slip over grips for Glocks and you can remove them whenever you want. The new Gen4's have the finger grooves and grip texturing so I don't see a point in doing this. To each his own.

I won't do any harm to my glock nor I would piss on someone's glock with stippler grip job. It's not my gun, I do care less. His gun, his money, his preference of bling job.

I don't like stipple jobs either, probably because they look like wood burning projects from when I was a kid. But hey, if it works for you.

I think a hard chrome job on the slide is worse.

Back
Top Bottom