• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Worst thing I have ever seen done to a gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my honest opinion the absolute worst thing I have ever seen done to a gun is when someone does a grip reduction and stipple job on a GLOCK.[shocked]
I mean holy sh.t it just looks like somebody went full retard with a hot soldering iron [frown]
You could not give me for FREE one of these absolute horrible looking abortions of a gun. It is at that point pretty much a total loss of at least the frame cause IMHO it is fricken junk now! ! ![shocked]
Please now I do NOT care if you have little tiny hands or such a sally grip that you keep dropping your gun and need the rough texture.
Eh, IMHO, polymers are disposable and meant to serve function over fashion.

There are far worse things people can do to firearms. Most of them involve drilling/tapping/sporterizing/bubbizing/otherwise altering pristine and/or collectable milsurp rifles that are no longer produced.

I am sure there are those that would disagree, but every time I see the grips on a 625 I think.. "Why?"

View attachment 36728

While those are some ugly grips, at least the change can be reveresed with a couple of allen wrenches...

Below? Well, that's just plain ignant.

My favorite.

bubbascopemount.jpg

Its also important to note that while yes, Glocks are generally thin for a doublestack, the factory grip is still huge front-to-back, which is what generally gets reduced in a grip reduction. Not everyone has big Germanic man-hands that fit these guns well.

As for stippling/texturizing, its really no different from putting a set of extra-grippy grips on a 1911 or whatever, except for the whole permanance thing.

BigMike said:
I cannot compute what I am seeing. All I know is that it is wrong.

Looks like a custom thumb rest and one of those fancy new reverse triggers? Is that the new shield by any chance lol

I didn't know this was a beauty contest thread. It's a tool, if it made a roofer more comfortable doing it to his hammer he would stipple the handle, oh that's right I've already seen that. Its just a tool. I think the worst thing I've ever seen done to a gun is anything that one does that doesn't make it go boom when you pull the trigger. Now that would be bad

Last edited:
I cannot compute what I am seeing. All I know is that it is wrong.
19769932.jpg

Looks like a custom thumb rest and one of those fancy new reverse triggers? Is that the new shield by any chance lol

I believe the answer was:

"That's no gun, that's a space station"

Go into "Training Techniques" subforum and look a few pages in to find a locked thread about pointshooting by 5shot. Then you might understand.

Worst thing I've ever seen done to a gun?

Watched a whole tote of mainly older handguns get placed into a 200 ton verticle sheer and chopped up into scrap steel one by one. Was painful to watch.

That's not a mag release. It's a battery assist device. It allows a right handed shooter to send the bolt home with his trigger finger instead of looking for the bolt-release under stress.

Yes, I know. I have one and like it a lot.

I'm asking OB1Kenobi in an effort to figure out what he's talking about.

You may find that doing any sort of shooting other than standing static at a firing line may produce sweat, (for some of you, that's the liquid pouring off of you when you go back to the buffet line for fourths). And if you happen to be repeatedly drawing and holstering your Gen 2 Glock 22, which is now old enough to buy cigarettes for you, you may find that grip's texture is lacking. And instead of applying a sticker to improve the surface that feels like it's been coated in Astroglide after hour 2 in 90 degree weather some of us like to ugly that simply ordinary hunk of black Austrian polymer.

And seriously, it's only a Glock. The name is far greater than the product. They should have replaced their "Glock Perfection" motto with "Glock: **** You, That's Why". And as far as resale is concerned, if it were even a concern I wouldn't customize my gun permanently.

I don't care if you decide to whip out a Dremel and do your best Hello Kitty mural all over a Colt SAA and then Cerakote it pink. It's your gun. Enjoy it!

OlSparky11B said:
They should have replaced their "Glock Perfection" motto with "Glock: **** You, That's Why".

I don't care if you decide to whip out a Dremel and do your best Hello Kitty mural all over a Colt SAA and then Cerakote it pink. It's your gun. Enjoy it!

*snicker* That would be too close to H&K's motto. Google "Larry Correia" and "you suck and we hate you".

No no no. You do that to 10/22s, not Colts! Just ask Abby [wink]

Are you talking about this?

BAD.jpg
Does the owner of that gun have some sort of palsy when handling a brass punch? Or is of stored in a bin of spent shells?

- - - Updated - - -

*snicker* That would be too close to H&K's motto. Google "Larry Correia" and "you suck and we hate you".

No no no. You do that to 10/22s, not Colts! Just ask Abby [wink]
Hiram Maxim Business Plan: "helping europeans kill eachother faster."

[cerberus];2495477 said:
This is the worst thing that can be done to a gun in my eyes.

_47529601_009003727-1.jpg

You are like a bunch of women henning about someones cooking or party organization.

WTF... Why is that guy holding up a microphone to the burn pile? [hmmm]
Are they intentionally trying to see if we have the latest Darwin Award Winner since I am SURE all of those weapons were free and clear prior to the burn... [wink]

WTF... Why is that guy holding up a microphone to the burn pile? [hmmm]
Are they intentionally trying to see if we have the latest Darwin Award Winner since I am SURE all of those weapons were free and clear prior to the burn... [wink]

They're not trying to burn the guns, per se....each and every one is locked and loaded. That's the venerable african anti-aircraft 'gun.'

The worst thing I've personally ever seen anyone do to a firearm is for them to not hold it properly and attempt to discharge it.

Back
Top Bottom