• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Worst thing I have ever seen done to a gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BONESTOCK

NES Member
OK this is just for good old fashioned fun and I know I will take a lot of heat for saying this but somebody has gut to put this out there.[smile]
God bless the ability to speak freely and to have your own free choice.[grin]
Here goes.[wink]

In my honest opinion the absolute worst thing I have ever seen done to a gun is when someone does a grip reduction and stipple job on a GLOCK.[shocked]
I mean holy sh.t it just looks like somebody went full retard with a hot soldering iron [frown]
You could not give me for FREE one of these absolute horrible looking abortions of a gun. It is at that point pretty much a total loss of at least the frame cause IMHO it is fricken junk now! ! ![shocked]
Please now I do NOT care if you have little tiny hands or such a sally grip that you keep dropping your gun and need the rough texture.

I am not saying you can't do it. I am only saying just how much I think it sucks.

Chime in folks, I am sure that many of you will disagree BUT someone out there has to be with me on this.
AND. . . . . . . . . .GO!

i couldn't agree more
something like this:

1-15.jpg

Last edited:
If you like it and it works for you, it's good. If you don't like it...it's not good.

I would not buy a gun with a feature I do not like. UNLESS it could be changed for small $ to something I do like.

I give it [thinking] out of [rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

Yeah, its ugly. But glocks are like that. It serves a purpose, and that's what matters.

if you can appreciate beauty of utilitarian design then glock takes the prize.
it's beauty is in it's simplicity - seamless merge of utility and function.
glock to me looks better than many other handguns out there that trying too hard to look better than some X-gun.

july11.jpg

And besides. THIS is the worst thing you've ever seen done to a gun.

- - - Updated - - -

july11.jpg

And besides. THIS is the worst thing you've ever seen done to a gun.

Here is an idea: Buy a gun that fits your hand better.... Instead of spending lots of $$$

and lowering the resale value of the GLOCK. Just My 2 cents...

Here is an idea: Buy a gun that fits your hand better.... Instead of spending lots of $$$

and lowering the resale value of the GLOCK. Just My 2 cents...

Potentially compromising usability to maintain resale value is stupid, sorry. If you can buy a gun and modify it to fit your hand better than other options on the market, that is what makes the most sense, plain and simple. If someone wants the reliability of the Glock but a grip width that is closer to a single or staggered stack, then doing a grip reduction on the Glock makes the most sense.

We are talking about tools here, not hacking up an heirloom 1911.

I agree that a gun can be nothing but a tool for some, but with stick-on grip decals being cheap and effective I just don't see a need to butcher the poor thing. Especially since most stipple jobs look like your gun has a fatal skin decease IMO.

Wait until I buy a Mosin. Gonna cut it lenghtwise on a band saw to see the inside.

As ar as the glock, it won't cause me to lose any sleep.

Some people enjoy the feel and think it provides a better grip for them. I wouldn't do it to my Glock but it doesn't bother me when someone else has it done.

I also wouldn't use wrap around rubber grip sleeves but some people swear by them.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

If the goal is to achieve a more solid grip by having more texture/friction, you can do that with the sandpaper adhesive grips (or their rubber equivalent). I have the sandpaper on my glocks. If you change your mind, or go to sell it, it's reversible! There's no need to do that to the gun.

That being said, your property your rules.

This thread has made the whole internet more stupid [rolleyes]

You dont like it, dont do it to your gun. The only gun Ive ever seen with a stipple or grip reduction was in the hands of someone that shot WAY better than me and probably a lot of people in this thread... Not to mention, if you actaully SHOOT the firearms you own, you very rarely see or give a sh$t what the grip looks like because its in your hand[smile]

Did you happen to catch this bad boy in the June 2012 issue of GUNS! magazine?

They did $1200 in mods to an LC9.

Robar LC9.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

[cerberus];2495477 said:
This is the worst thing that can be done to a gun in my eyes.

_47529601_009003727-1.jpg

You are like a bunch of women henning about someones cooking or party organization.

That is a tragedy

It's definitely a mod that will lower the value of the gun, and probably not a very bright thing to do.

Though, it most likely increases the value to the person who currently owns it.

Value is a very subjective quality. If the modification works for you, then the value is increased, to you.

But, if you go to sell it, you should not automatically expect that this sense of the value of the item will automatically transfer to a potential buyer.

Value is a very subjective quality. If the modification works for you, then the value is increased, to you.

But, if you go to sell it, you should not automatically expect that this sense of the value of the item will automatically transfer to a potential buyer.

Exactly. I've been told many times that a modification I plan to do to my Jeep, my car, my firearms will decrease the resale value. My response is, "I didn't buy it nor am I modifying it for the next guy". I liken it to being told by a car salesman that if I get the automatic transmission the car will have higher resale value. I respond, "Why would I pay an extra thousand dollars to have a transmission that I don't want so I can get an extra $50.00 6 years from now"?

[cerberus];2495477 said:
This is the worst thing that can be done to a gun in my eyes.

_47529601_009003727-1.jpg

You are like a bunch of women henning about someones cooking or party organization.

Looks like the value of my HKs just went up!!!!

Back
Top Bottom