The unwashed having night-vision gear "a problem"

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Military-Grade Night Vision Gear Is Widely Available To Civilians — And That’s A Problem
Night vision equipment is “not the tool of sportsmen,” Everitt said. “It’s the tool of people who are seeking to kill as many people as possible in as short amount of time as possible.”
The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives does not regulate the sale or use of night vision equipment, a spokesperson said, and the legality of using night vision devices for hunting varies by state.
“When you lose government oversight, you lose the opportunity to ensure that equipment isn’t going to countries where U.S. intelligence thinks it should not be going,” Goodman said.

Clearly the Leftist Democrats are planning a full-on disarmament of the American Populace.
You don't go after the guns first... you go after the capabilities that make disarmament easier...

I want <FLIR>

iu

Unless you're dead... you have a heat signature.

I guess night vision is going on the xmas list. Or is thermal better? I'll assume NV since that's what they want to take away.

Do they even know the difference? So many variables, wonder which they care about the most. Or maybe they'll just want to ban any that helps see at night, in any way. You have the kind that require IR illumination, and the kind that actually amplify what little light there is. The FLIR stuff too. And, you could wear it on your head, or use a monocular or binocular type, or on your cell phone, or mounted on a rifle. Sigh. I guess I gotta buy them all now.

Night vision equipment is “not the tool of sportsmen,” Everitt said. “It’s the tool of people who are seeking to kill as many people as possible in as short amount of time as possible.”

Let's assume this is true. The kind of people you'd need night vision to kill, and kill as quickly as possible... are probably people who need killing.

It could also be that I may just think they're cool and want to see if I can see animals walking around at night. They sure do love to assume evil intent of everyone. I'd take a guess almost everyone who buys them do so because of the "oh cool" factor of having it.

Flashlights are bad, mmmm-Kay. People only use flashlights to kill as many people as possible in the dark, mmmm-Kay.

Ah, excellent point. Let's not forget the visible light spectrum. We need mandatory lumen limits, say 10 lumens. No one buys 750 lumen flashlights unless they want to kill people at a distance.

Ah, excellent point. Let's not forget the visible light spectrum. We need mandatory lumen limits, say 10 lumens. No one buys 750 lumen flashlights unless they want to kill people at a distance.

And just to prove I'm serious, I have a 2000 lumen headlamp. That allows me to keep my hands free to hold a gun, for maximum killing at night, and I feel really bad about it that I actually own such killing power. I'm going to go make a youtube video right now where I dramatically, self righteously and virtue signaling-ly cut my headlamp in half. Right through the lithium battery. This is gonna be awesome....

It could also be that I may just think they're cool and want to see if I can see animals walking around at night. They sure do love to assume evil intent of everyone. I'd take a guess almost everyone who buys them do so because of the "oh cool" factor of having it.
Ive actually toyed around with the idea of picking up some cheapish NV and hitting the rail trail at like 2am just for fun.

Ive actually toyed around with the idea of picking up some cheapish NV and hitting the rail trail at like 2am just for fun.

That does sound fun actually. I used to geocache long ago before the big disaster happened that got me shamed out of the geocaching community. But, when I did it, I had this idea I should one day set up a cache that could only be found at night while using night vision equipment. Night caches exist where they can only be found at night, although I hadn't seen one yet that actually requires FLIR or other NV equipment.

Pretty soon they’re going to ban us from eating doughnuts.

Then it will be go time.

I'd take a guess almost everyone who buys them do so because of the "oh cool" factor of having it.
Nope, I want them to kill as many people in as short an amount of time as possible, that want to ban doughnuts. I used to want them because I thought they were cool, now it's all about the banners of delicious doughnuts and other tasty confections and pastries.
I would take out an entire continent over peanut M&M's. Sunsabitches.

Ive half-heartedly looked into it a couple of times. Seems like there like $25k options, down to options that are so low dollar that Im hesitant to buy figuring it'll shit the bed in a couple of weeks. Heard of cheaper comm block stuff that uses goofy batteries not available here. Kind of ended up with analysis paralysis and moved on , but I would like to pick up something decent one of these days that wont require a mortgage.

Ive half-heartedly looked into it a couple of times. Seems like there like $25k options, down to options that are so low dollar that Im hesitant to buy figuring it'll shit the bed in a couple of weeks. Heard of cheaper comm block stuff that uses goofy batteries not available here. Kind of ended up with analysis paralysis and moved on , but I would like to pick up something decent one of these days that wont require a mortgage.
Same here. To get a setup that includes a weapon mounted IR laser and IR illuminator PVS 14 and wilcox mounts to be able to wear it you looking at 5 grand. And worth every penny in my opinion for the Tactical advantage that it gives you

Hell, I'd take my old, trusted Starlight scope...

800px-Anpvs4.jpg

PVS-4..... Baby!

Back
Top Bottom