The Price Gouging/Everything Shortage Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The self-righteous indignation of all the idiots who bought Stags at inflated prices posting about how their carbines don't work a few months from now almost makes it all worth it.

Well, Stag and Olympic, too.... I remember during Obamscare V1 there were more of those floating around than any other brand- because their base cost was the cheapest, yet there were still dealers getting $1200-1500 for oly plinkers. I'm surprised either of those companies aren't owned by nigerian princes.

-Mike

And an asteroid might hit your home killing all your children. Wow. Do Mass people stay up nights coming up with these ridiculous implausible scenarios. Buy the mags and drive home.

but what if you have a window open enjoying a cigarette or cigar, and you hit a bump in the road and the mag flies out of the window and touches the soil? would i be a felon?

I linked to an ad for 5 P-mags on GB. The Sold price was $280!!!!

Thats $56 EACH!!!!.

They weren't even the maglevel ones.

I'm so so glad I bought 15,000 primers this summer at $24/thousand and 24# of powder.
(note - this is stored in CT, not in MA. So don't get all twerked up)

Don

I linked to an ad for 5 P-mags on GB. The Sold price was $280!!!!

Thats $56 EACH!!!!.

They weren't even the maglevel ones.

I'm so so glad I bought 15,000 primers this summer at $24/thousand and 24# of powder.
(note - this is stored in CT, not in MA. So don't get all twerked up)

Don

i have a handful of pmag followers, they must be worth at least $15/ea now.

And an asteroid might hit your home killing all your children. Wow. Do Mass people stay up nights coming up with these ridiculous implausible scenarios. Buy the mags and drive home.
Very implausible, just ask the kid who bought guns home state for his 18th birthday and drove up to (through MA) Maine for a wedding and some fun and got pulled over, arrested, charged, etc...

Or the implausibility of the collector and reloader who's home and vault, described by police in the paper as "one of the most secure I have ever seen" (paraphrase, you can check it on your own time), who's home was then searched to find re-loading equipment and powder resulting in charges for all sorts of things including making bombs IIRC.

Yeah, this sort of thing never happens in MA, I don't know why we even discuss it. [wink]

Last edited:
Just think of the fire sale prices next year.

I don't know about this one. Its funny. Prior to 2008, AR lowers had been about $100 for years. Then the big spike when Obama won and prices went up.

The "Invisible Hand" as Adam Smith would say, came to the rescue and the high prices drew dozens of new manufacturers into the market, which left us with $74 lowers.

It will happen again, provided that there isn't some kind of a ban that prohibits basic stuff like pistol grips or detachable mags on anything sold after some date in the near future.

Of course, we could all get grandfathered in, but without the prospect of ever being able to sell it. That would be the worst.

Very implausible, just ask the kid who bought guns home state for his 18th birthday and drove up to (through MA) Maine for a wedding and some fun and got pulled over, arrested, charged, etc...

Or the implausibility of the collector and reloader who's home and vault, described by police in the paper as "one of the most secure I have ever seen" (paraphrase, you can check it on your own time), who's home was then searched to find re-loading equipment and powder resulting in charges for all sorts of things including making bombs IIRC.

Yeah, this sort of thing never happens in MA, I don't know why we even discuss it. [wink]

The kid was a bit of a nut case. He was from CT, I know people who knew him. He had brass knuckles and 5 knives on his person. The AR was in the cab of his pickup truck in an unlocked bag. Out of compliance with both FOPA and MA law for even people with LTC-As.

Oh yeah, and he had military issue body armor with him in the truck. That tends to piss LEOs off.

Go re-read the articles. He was at the very least, very imprudent. The kids name was Luke Huizanga.

One way to cover yourself with the safe passage portion of FOPA would be to bring an AR, so that the mags were associated with the covered firearm.

Don

p.s. I'm not saying anything he had with him should be illegal. But it was illegal, and he wasn't very smart.

Last edited:
Of course, we could all get grandfathered in, but without the prospect of ever being able to sell it. That would be the worst.

if that becomes the case then i can probably come up with a better use for it. [wink]

maybe bring friends, most of us own more than one to begin with anyway.

The kid was a dirt bag. He was from CT, I know people who knew him. He had brass knuckles on his person. The AR was in the cab of his pickup truck in an unlocked bag. Out of compliance with both FOPA and MA law for even people with LTC-As.

Go re-read the articles. He was at the very least, very imprudent.

One way to cover yourself with the safe passage portion of FOPA would be to bring an AR, so that the mags were associated with the covered firearm.
Imprudent? Yes, but how did he end up having to explain himself? Traffic violation right?

Compliance with low-cap long guns is different BTW for transport for LTC, but I don't recall what he had and clearly he would have needed FOPA (which means locked/trunk)

I wasn't providing a character reference, I was pointing out that simple traffic infractions or having your house broken into, catch on fire, someone have a heart attack, door ajar because you thought you closed it.

Any one of these events has had a documented outcome of charges for the person in question because of storage or non-compliance of some sort that would not be a problem in 47 or more states in the union.

The self-righteous indignation of all the idiots who bought Stags at inflated prices posting about how their carbines don't work a few months from now almost makes it all worth it.

Still not getting the whole Stag thing. Guess I'm glad since apparently it has something to do with people that don't know how to use an AR.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

I don't know about this one. Its funny. Prior to 2008, AR lowers had been about $100 for years. Then the big spike when Obama won and prices went up.

The "Invisible Hand" as Adam Smith would say, came to the rescue and the high prices drew dozens of new manufacturers into the market, which left us with $74 lowers.

It will happen again, provided that there isn't some kind of a ban that prohibits basic stuff like pistol grips or detachable mags on anything sold after some date in the near future.

Yup...
People laughed really hard at me when I bought my HK sear for the ridiculous price of $1000.00 AND I paid $200 for the stamp..
What an idiot!!!

Yup...
People laughed really hard at me when I bought my HK sear for the ridiculous price of $1000.00 AND I paid $200 for the stamp..
What an idiot!!!

Yeah, but they never prohibited transfer. If they do, your sear will be worth Zero. I don't think they will, since NFA stuff isn't even on their radar screen. Although I do recall hearing some murmurs this summer about BHO tryng to raise the tax (stamp) price from $200 to $5000. This would not require Congress' involvement.

- - - Updated - - -

Still not getting the whole Stag thing. Guess I'm glad since apparently it has something to do with people that don't know how to use an AR.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Me neither. I've sold a few and never heard any complaints.

Yeah, but they never prohibited transfer. If they do, your sear will be worth Zero. I don't think they will, since NFA stuff isn't even on their radar screen. Although I do recall hearing some murmurs this summer about BHO tryng to raise the tax (stamp) price from $200 to $5000. This would not require Congress' involvement.

The amount of the tax is set by law. It would take an act of Congress to either change the law or to amend the code to grant the gov't the right to update the tax without Congressional action.

Talked to my brother in VT at lunch today,he only owns 1 gun which is a WC 1911,he went to pick up a few boxes at the gun shop just to have.They had 2 cases of AR ammo he calls it(hes a noob).One guy put it on the counter to pay but there wasn't a clerk around,went to find the clerk...some dude walked over brushed the other stuff he had on it and walked off to another register.

Shouting match occured and they both got tossed.

Were they 7K? Cuz if so I'm sitting on friggin gold mine! Jeez I could get 20K for my MSAR [laugh]

Windham Weaponry - 5.56mm/.223, 16" Chrome Lined M4 Profile Barrel with a 1/9 twist. With M4 Feed Ramps and a removable carry handle this is a great rifle.

Cost: $1111.00 (only 4 available)

Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Optics Ready Carbine - 5.56mm/.223, 16" Chrome Lined Barrel with a 1/9 twist. This rifle comes ready for you to add your own optics.

Cost: $1039.00 (only 3 available)

- - - Updated - - -

Me neither. I've sold a few and never heard any complaints.

$200 in 1932 is worth about $3300 today. The whole point of the tax stamp was to make the guns so expensive only the rich could afford to buy a full auto. Now with the prices the way they are only those with even more money could afford a full auto. Plus it would kill any hope of anyone buying a suppressor or SBR except for the rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom