The only thing worse than an ill informed anti gun type is...

It's at times like this that I ask myself, "What would Scrivener do?"

Grin, don't know, but the "cultisism" I'm seeing is very disturbing. At this point in time, how is Obama (in terms of his "followers") any different than Sun Yung Moon? Or, perhaps, Jerry Jones? Disturbing thought!

Y'know, I'm sitting here and feeling just a bit amused.

Here y'all are, ranting about how illiterate the guy Will Brink quoted was... and I remember how much sh!t I used to get for correcting people.

Just sitting here, being amused. Feels good... [grin]

Well, believe it or not, they are voters and , more to the point, human beings who are subject to the same psychological biases and errors that you and I and everyone on this website are subject to - we can't help it, it's the way we are wired. When you "believe" something you will look for "facts" that support your belief or hypothesis, and disregard or rubbish "facts" that are contrary to your point of view. The principle of cognitive dissonance is alive and well and dwelling in all of us - the need to be consistent with our inner belief system. Festinger stated that to hold more than one view on a subject was to "flirt with absurdity" - we all believe we are good people and do the right thing, therefore we all rationalise our action to be consistent with that self image...

As a psychologist, I am more than aware of this phenomenon than most, but I still catch myself doing it at times...which scares the wotsit out of me.[thinking]

Either that are the average Obama voter is just dumber than the average bear. [smile]

No, the video with the interview of the Obama supportters was trying to show you how biased the MSM was in this campaign. With the availability of the 'Net for information ( good and bad ), it's silly that a people could be so uninformed on the basics of your government. The media made it there business to get the Obamamarxist in power at whatever the cost. Yes, McCain wasn't that great of a choice but the MSM was tying him to Pres. Bush and that was all some people saw. You might as well do what the movie Equillibrium was doing with video screens and brodcasts everywhere to control the sheep!

Joe R.

"two things first thing i have a baby desert eagle 9mm. sweet gun sight is a bit off to the right. 17 round mag nice gun a pleasure to shoot. any way on to the next point. i didnt say a ban on assualt rifles. full auto strict ways to get one is my point. sorry that doesnt make alot of since head is a bit spinning today. any way more in the fact i support stricter control. i have no problem filling out paperwork to buy a gun no big. i do have a problem with some ass head selling a full auto in the paper to some punk. please read all my posts before you comment on one. i agree with gun control to a point. i agree that a criminal back ground check is and should be provided. saying what i can or cant buy as a law abiding citizen is completely diffrent. i dont support that in any way. now if charles manson were living down the street from me becouse some how he was released i would have a serious problem with him getting into the paper and saying hey theres a nice sig in the paper. then buying it no problem"

This must have been pulled from the comments section of youtube.

Grin, don't know, but the "cultisism" I'm seeing is very disturbing. At this point in time, how is Obama (in terms of his "followers") any different than Sun Yung Moon? Or, perhaps, Jerry Jones? Disturbing thought!

Who's Jerry Jones?

Back
Top Bottom