The one gun that always "wows" you

Whenever my SP2022 comes to the range it never ceases to amaze me. For the price (usually around $400) I think its incredibly hard to beat. Ive got all the other staples (1911, 92fs, 226 etc.) But this damn thing always leaves me smiling.
+1. Always a pleasure to shoot. I trust it enough to use it on the nightstand.

Damn... that is a tough call..

We love our M&P 15-22. Crazy fun. But so is our Henry Golden Boy. And it hold 15- 22lr - or 22- 22 short. I just love lever action as a rule, but the 30-30's have a smaller capacity.

Just as hard to pick a favorite hand gun, but I am going to have to go with my S&W 29 w/ 6-1/2" barrel. Like my 686, it is just such a natural shooter and has a cool factor of 11 on a scale of 1-10

toss up between my Series 80 Colt Combat Elite 1911 or my 80's Python 6". It's like choosing between two children.

The one gun that I really lust over but will probably never own is the M1A rifle. Too damned rich for my blood. [sad2]

Last edited:
My 1943 Izhevsk mosin PU. It amazes how accurate that old rifle and same age optics are. Its trigger isnt as nice as a M39 but its much better then my other mosins. A rifle i really enjoy shooting.

The Python.
The thing is a work of art.
I get a tingle every time I shoot it. [smile]

Same gun for me, a mint Colt Python I inherited when my dad passed away. I actually sob like a baby for about a minute every time I take it out. It was his most treasured gun by far and its definitely mine now. After I pull my shit together I know that tingle you feel when you shoot it very well. Great gun and a great man. Thanks for the reminder, its supposed to be nice tomorrow I think I will take it out.

toss up between my Series 80 Colt Combat Elite 1911 or my 80's Python 6". It's like choosing between two children.

The one gun that I really lust over but will probably never own is the M1A rifle. Too damned rich for my blood. [sad2]

You beat me to it. Love my Combat Elite. Looks as good as it shoots.

I love shooting my AR at the bench. It's such a sweet shooter with the Geissele trigger and super-accurate barrel.

ar15_3.jpg

For handguns, I love my new K frame 4.25" model 66, whether shooting .38spl or .357 Magnum. Single action is smooooooooth.

model66.jpg

Last edited:
Seeing the hole left on a target after it meets with a 1oz slug. So shotguns...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You beat me to it. Love my Combat Elite. Looks as good as it shoots.

yup...I shot 1911's in the Navy and when I got out in 1981, I found I really missed shooting one. I saved my shekels for while and then bought it a couple of years later. I was a poor newlywed and student with a kid on the way so it took a while but it was SO worth it. I bought it from Stan at the Village Gun Store in Whitefield, NH where I bought my first rifle (.22LR) the day he opened his shop when I was 14 (I still have that rifle, 45 years later).

Last edited:
For me it's a toss up between my pre-ban Smith Enterprises M14 and my M1 Garand with the Barnett medium weight barrel chambered in 7.62 NATO...sweet shooter.

Mossberg 500. So simple, so cheap, yet so capable. Every time I shoot it, I think "was this thing really two hundred bucks? I ought to get a second one!".

DSC_0996.JPG

I love shooting my AR at the bench. It's such a sweet shooter with the Geissele trigger and super-accurate barrel.

For handguns, I love my new K frame 4.25" model 66, whether shooting .38spl or .357 Magnum. Single action is smooooooooth.

Yeah, bench shooting my AR is also one of those perfect moments in time

- - - Updated - - -

1990 IMI Jericho 941 all steel.

Been trying to get my hands on a Baby Eagle for a couple years now.

- - - Updated - - -

my husband has the 6 inch. One of my favorites. Think I'll take it out tomorrow!

never mind, its too easy[smile]

Last edited by a moderator:
My 1969 manufactuerd browning auto 5 12 gauge. One of JM Brownings finest designs. Every time i shoot it i am amazed that the pantent was aplied for in 1897. The recoil operation just makes sense to me! So simple and reliable. Points easy. Carries easy. Fun as hell to shoot trap or double trap and an absolute pleasure in the field.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom