• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The one gun that always "wows" you

this wows me every time i see a film of a sturmtiger fire off one of it's rocket propelled projectiles. the rounds are huge, 600-800 lbs depending on the type being fired, and you can actually see it in flight.

1608193731178.png

For me, it's the AK47. Every time I fondle mine I'm amazed how how well it's put together. Very simple to make, functions extremely well, purpose built for the masses, replaces several guns before it.

New member here. For me, the AK47. The power of the full auto in my hands and the sound of it firing gets me everytime!

One would have to be my Smith Corona 03A3. Then the Swedes and my Garands of course. Just thinking about it gets me all jacked up on apple juice.

This thing is sex on wheels!
The sound of the cylinder spinning, opening the loading gate to insert the cartridges, the beautiful curved grip and then thumbing that hammer! OMG, I'm out!
View attachment 423901

To me, there is nothing like steel and wood, whether it is a rifle or handgun. I have ARs and striker fired pistols but I see them only as tools, not much different than a shovel or rake. I just picked up a pristine 1977 Single-six stainless as well as a pristine stainless Security-Six, I just could not pass them up once I saw them, just beautiful firearms that I actually consider works of art.

For me it is a toss up between my Marlin .357 lever gun and my 3" GP100 with a worked on trigger. Both are extremely accurate and a hoot to shoot.
Plinking with .38 SPL loads could bankrupt me even with reloading, and I have to limit myself to only a few hundred at a time.:)

As far as the "big grin" factor, for me it's hands down my 1874 Sharps 45-70 shooting the holy black . I've got a ton of unique firearms, and there's something amazing about a rifle that can launch a massive .45 caliber 540 gr bullet at only 1225 fps and hold about 2.5 MOA out to 600 yds . The BOOOOM and the smoke is just SO awesome. I literally break the shot, count off about 3 seconds and then I hear the soft report from the bullet impacting the berm. My zero is 200 yds, and my total come-up for 600 yds is +60 MOA or +382" ! DSCF0847.jpg

My 1943 Izhevsk mosin PU. It amazes how accurate that old rifle and same age optics are. Its trigger isnt as nice as a M39 but its much better then my other mosins. A rifle i really enjoy shooting.

I have one such but the muzzle rifling is rather trashed and the optic need shimming. If I can either retire or get sacked, it’s one of my projects. I have the tooling and shims but just need the time!

M1a rifles , iconic looks. And they are starting production at Bula Defense.

Discussion Starter • #1 13 d ago (Edited)

While Bula has recently been selling previously made rifles from stock, I'm pleased to announce that series production is underway and deliveries are coming from current production . While stocks are low, ramped up production is set to expand from the Classic M14 to additional models this week..

Current production has focused on the 22 inch barreled classic M14 and the 19 inch barrel Paratrooper model. Others are coming this week.

I have both but have to admit I like the Paratrooper. Just a little bit longer barrel than normal in the carbine market seems to make the rifle look balanced and the added distnce between the gas cylinder plug and the suppressor allows easy access to remove the piston and plug as well as accept attachments like a bayonet. No, bayonets aren't a day to day item but we want them to be mountable for ceremonial details.

Our intent is to have rifles availalble off the shelf. Rather a first for the machined M14s which have normally been built as parts are gathered.. Of course threats against firearms in general may make maintaining infentory difficult.

The Sales contact is Julie VanOverberg at 216-218-2396. Some of you may remember her from years at SA and ArmaLite.

Regards,

Mark Andrews

Back
Top Bottom