The one gun that always "wows" you

The Python.
The thing is a work of art.
I get a tingle every time I shoot it. [smile]

I rub my Diamondback first then work up to the Python in private. When finished, I give them a good washing then put them both away well oiled. [smile] Still looking for the right massive snake in .44 to show the world how really big it is. [rofl] Sadly they didn't make them in that sweet deep dark blue.

Seriously, The Colt snake guns have a very special spot in my heart and history. The workmanship is nothing short of amazing on some of the best gun manufacturing the United States ever produced IMO.

I rub my Diamondback first then work up to the Python in private. When finished, I give them a good washing then put them both away well oiled. [smile] Still looking for the right massive snake in .44 to show the world how really big it is. [rofl] Sadly they didn't make them in that sweet deep dark blue.

Seriously, The Colt snake guns have a very special spot in my heart and history. The workmanship is nothing short of amazing on some of the best gun manufacturing the United States ever produced IMO.

Ive never had the pleasure. But after seeing these posts, I'm seriously getting jealous

Same gun for me, a mint Colt Python I inherited when my dad passed away. I actually sob like a baby for about a minute every time I take it out. It was his most treasured gun by far and its definitely mine now. After I pull my shit together I know that tingle you feel when you shoot it very well. Great gun and a great man. Thanks for the reminder, its supposed to be nice tomorrow I think I will take it out.

Mine was one my Dad and I bought together, so I know what you mean.
He loved that thing.
It's the one gun i'd never part with, ever.

HK VP9. Light, low recoil, love the trigger, aims wonderfully, deadly accurate and of course it looks very cool. I don't have that many options but I keep going back to the VP9 for a good time on a regular basis.

Mine was one my Dad and I bought together, so I know what you mean.
He loved that thing.
It's the one gun i'd never part with, ever.

Mine was inherited as well from an older gentleman that sort of took me under his wing as a surrogate dad after I got out of the navy in the early 80's. He had this Python that I shot with him a few times and I fell in love with it. I never made too much about it but did tell him if he ever sold it to give me first crack at it. He passed in 2002 and a few weeks after the funeral his wife called me and told me that her husband had left it to me in his will...talk about choked up. I still think about that man every time I use it...somewhere I have a picture of him and I together with that Python in his hand.

Mine was inherited as well from an older gentleman that sort of took me under his wing as a surrogate dad after I got out of the navy in the early 80's. He had this Python that I shot with him a few times and I fell in love with it. I never made too much about it but did tell him if he ever sold it to give me first crack at it. He passed in 2002 and a few weeks after the funeral his wife called me and told me that her husband had left it to me in his will...talk about choked up. I still think about that man every time I use it...somewhere I have a picture of him and I together with that Python in his hand.

Good stuff

My personal favorite at the range is my AR15. I wasn't sure I would like it when I bought it, but it is just an absolute hoot at the range. If I had about 30 magazines for that rifle and took them all to the range I would go broke buying ammo just for the giggle factor. At least I know now why people love them so much.

My type53 Mosin. I call it my dirt gun, its beat up, has a bent front sight cover, an ugly brown finish that's scratched to hell, but all the number match and its a very accurate gun despite its looks.

Plus nothing wakes up the firing line like a two foot sized fire ball and a boom that turns heads every time.

Jason.

Ive never had the pleasure. But after seeing these posts, I'm seriously getting jealous

Mine were for the most part given to me from a very good friend who got me into pistols in the first place when we worked together in 81. Then it was the very first .357 I shot. The reloading and fooling around with loads and the flames!! The two of us are (I think) the only two who ever shot the Diamondback. We have so much respect for each other that can't be placed into words. I could go on but there is no reason to.

The guns. The friendship. The meaning. Ya, it's that special.

1990 IMI Jericho 941 all steel.

Nice vid. Looks like it would be fun as hell to shoot. Man, I would love to get my hands on one of the new ones with the frame mounted safety. But of course they're all verboten in MA.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Dan Wesson 44VH that I inherited from my dad. Whenever I look at it I cant help but think how beautiful it is and how well it shoot. Always get a lot of looks with it too when I show friends or at the range.

Attachments

• 20160124_161711.jpg
    20160124_161711.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 101
Whenever my SP2022 comes to the range it never ceases to amaze me. For the price (usually around $400) I think its incredibly hard to beat. Ive got all the other staples (1911, 92fs, 226 etc.) But this damn thing always leaves me smiling.

same gun...same results....

I always want to be better with anyone of my Smith & Wesson's, but alas...nothing compares to my results with my new to me Sig 2022 Tac Pac (this time, around $400.00). Why would I ever want a Sig 226?

I too have a low mileage Colt Python, 4" Hi Polished Stainless with factory Colt medallion Pachmayers, and I admit I still get a thrill whenever I fondle it, it's one of the crown jewels of my collection.
I also have a 1931 vintage Colt Woodsman, first model, that is an absolute joy to behold, but theses are pretty much safe queens and rarely ever see the light of day.
My favorite shooter handgun, one which has seen MUCH lead downrange, is my 1979 vintage S&W M41.
The trigger is like butter and it's laser beam accurate, after over 3 decades of use, I'm still impressed by it.

Nice vid. Looks like it would be fun as hell to shoot. Man, I would love to get my hands on one of the new ones with the frame mounted safety. But of course they're all verboten in MA.

They're not illegal just a pain in the ass to get. They're a CZ-75 pattern type gun, so a CZ or a Tanfoglio, Witness, etc, will get you in the same ballpark. (CZ being the most common).

-Mike

I've got a Kimber 9mm Target in stainless, (it's a 1911). Super accurate, incredibly well made, with target sights on it, (not optics). It's just a jewel of a gun to shoot.

The one gun in my collection that I shoot the best, is my old Sig 2340 (older version of the 2022). I love shooting it, & it's never hiccupped or had a problem.
The weird thing is the fact that it's more accurate (to me) than my P226!
The AK is pretty damn fun too!
And my 686..

The last one I sold. I always get sellers regret once it's gone.

I sold a gun once... it sucked so much I've never done it since.

For rifle, I'd say my Sako 75 Finnlite in .300wsm, smoothest bolt/trigger I've ever seen and if I'm really trying .5moa at 200yards.

Pistol I don't have anything too special, probably my Springfield 1911 as it was my firs handgun.

Last edited:
Hmm
Both my sw 41 and performance center 1911 turn me into a awesome shot....well not really but I do impress myself when I shoot either

Rifles.... shooting well with M1 garand I put together myself.

i've got a gun that was given to me by a good friend, a guy in his late 80's, just before he died. a colt combat commander. just the sentimental value is wow enough for me.

My personal favorite at the range is my AR15. I wasn't sure I would like it when I bought it, but it is just an absolute hoot at the range. If I had about 30 magazines for that rifle and took them all to the range I would go broke buying ammo just for the giggle factor. At least I know now why people love them so much.

Agreed. Slap a bump fire stock to that monster and it'll be singing like Pavarotti. Bump fire yields super giggles on an AR, but it also reminds me when I'm low on ammo. [lol]

Back
Top Bottom