The new guy!!!

Just wanted to introduce my self to the community. I hope to form a bond with all of you. I am a born and raised New Englander, originally from RI. But now reside in NH. 17 year military man which 11 years was on active duty. Started off as a Gunners Mate in the Navy, then went over to the Army in the Field Artillary. Then ended up in the Military Police community, and did a tour in Iraq. I am still doing the reserves in a security force unit. Spent alot of time over seas in my travels. Now I am a single parent of two boys working a normal "civy" job in the plastics technical end of the spectrum. So these boards are great to be able to talk about one of my passions, on the limited amount of time I have. [smile]

Thanks guys, MassMark had been tring for a while to get me to check out the sight, I finally caved in, and looks like a nice new home. I would not say I am a gun nut, or a extream survivalist. But I like to stay at least educated in these fields. I just plain love to shoot, have fun and meet new people. And since I dont get to shoot as much as I like to, so hooking up with some of my fellow New Englanders. Would be a great excuse

Last edited:
ya ya I know. But you told me about this sight months and months ago, and I blew it off. So the second try was a charm!!!

Well, I'm glad you jumped in this time - I think all the talk about the Members Only Shoots were the clincher...[smile] Folks, I've known this guy for some time from another site and though we've not yet met in person, don't let him fool you - he's a top-shelf guy and I'm glad he's finally joined us! Looking forward to some range time - even if I have to crowbar you out of NH...[cheers]

PS: Nothing like going GREEN on your first post! Now you are in trouble - better take extra shifts for the Group Buys...[shocked]

You mean I might actually have to drive into Mass!!!!!!!!!? Geeeez rubbing is racing right? Going green?

Well, I'm glad you jumped in this time - I think all the talk about the Members Only Shoots were the clincher...[smile] Folks, I've known this guy for some time from another site and though we've not yet met in person, don't let him fool you - he's a top-shelf guy and I'm glad he's finally joined us! Looking forward to some range time - even if I have to crowbar you out of NH...[cheers]

PS: Nothing like going GREEN on your first post! Now you are in trouble - better take extra shifts for the Group Buys...[shocked]

Last edited:
You mean I might actually have to drive into Mass!!!!!!!!!? Geeeez rubbing is racing right? Going green?

God forbid! Maybe you and a few other enterprising New Hampshire folks can put together an NH shoot - would love to get up there for some blam-blam time. Going GREEN means full membership. It entitles you to access to the sacred Members Forum - chock full of wit, wisdom and of course - the Members Only Shoots along with the addictive Group Buys, (we're firing up a Troy buy now)...[wink]

Ahhhhhh ok so thats going green. No group buys for me right now. Just put a quad rail foregrip on my AR. And just bought and refinished a Isophore Enfield 2A 7.62 .

God forbid! Maybe you and a few other enterprising New Hampshire folks can put together an NH shoot - would love to get up there for some blam-blam time. Going GREEN means full membership. It entitles you to access to the sacred Members Forum - chock full of wit, wisdom and of course - the Members Only Shoots along with the addictive Group Buys, (we're firing up a Troy buy now)...[wink]

Welcome to the forum!
You are now the Newbie and must complete several quests.

1) You must go green.

2) After going green, then you may attend an NES Shoot.

3) You must fire at least one of Eddie Coyle's "mild" loadings.

4) You must endure "Trial By Scrivener". This can only be done by asking a basic, simple question without even attempting to search the archives.

Then, and only then, can you become a full fledged NES member.

Good luck, grasshopper!

1) I went green
2) will attend a shoot (I hope)
3) Not a big fan of shooting reloads (not out of my guns anyways)
4) Not the "supream lord and master" of fire arms knowledge. But I bet I know more then most. Have been around weapons a long long time, and owned a fair share. I built my own M-14 from the ground up USGI parts on a Polytech reciever. Heck one of you guys might have seen it for sale at the Concord NH gun show, last year.

Welcome to the forum!
You are now the Newbie and must complete several quests.

1) You must go green.

2) After going green, then you may attend an NES Shoot.

3) You must fire at least one of Eddie Coyle's "mild" loadings.

4) You must endure "Trial By Scrivener". This can only be done by asking a basic, simple question without even attempting to search the archives.

Then, and only then, can you become a full fledged NES member.

Good luck, grasshopper!

Last edited:
4) Not the "supream lord and master" of fire arms knowledge.

Not firearms knowledge, legal knowledge. Scriv is our resident hard-a** firearms lawyer. He's actually a great resource, and I for one am extremely glad to have him here. But he's definitely a bit, ah-hem, hard, on newbies.

Last edited:
1) I went green CHECK

2) will attend a shoot (I hope) PRE_CHECK

3) Not a big fan of shooting reloads (not out of my guns anyways) His reloads-his gun= no worries, but you might want to...ehehm..."get those wrists in shape" for the big 500. OH, wait, you're single? No problem-next.

4) Not the "supream [sic] lord and master" of fire arms knowledge. But I bet I know more then most. Have been around weapons a long long time, and owned a fair share. I built my own M-14 from the ground up USGI parts on a Polytech reciever[sic] . Heck one of you guys might have seen it for sale at the Concord NH gun show, last year.
All well and good but, as JDubois pointed out, Scrivener's domain is the intersection of MGL and (un)Common Sense. One good way to tell if you've been "Scrivenered" is the magical appearance of [sic] in your posts.

From a fellow Granite Stater - welcome aboard. I am a member of Manchester Firing Line (I usually shoot in their Belmont facility). If you get the urge to shoot PM me and maybe we can get together. You work in plastics? I used to work in rubber (Freudenberg-NOK). (Aside - all rubber jokes now)

Thank you for your service!

Ed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom