The LifeCard: A Credit Card Sized, Folding Pistol

Should have given it at least a 2 round capacity, like a double flip-barrel Derringer. Or perhaps a 4-round revolver that does not look like a revolver because the cylinder is square in cross section. I do like the concept of the nondescript shape made possible by folding, but my flip barrel or squared revolver cylinder concept could do the same thing. Maybe something better will not be possible because these guys probably have patent protection for the shape and folding features, then missed the mark on actual functional features.

Criticism aside, it's kinda cool, like pen gun cool.

Dubious self defense potential, why not a single stack pocket pistol? It seems more like an assassins gadget, or at least an unintentional discharge waiting to happen with the nonexistent trigger guard, and that makes it a potential PR nightmare.

I can see it's market for those who can't carry by law or corporate mandate, whose main fear would be an active shooter at work. I've worked in such areas, and was acutely aware of the danger to my continued employment by choosing to carry. Concealed is concealed, and the better the better.

Not all our threats will be ISIS hordes or quick draw scenarios. Sometimes the ability to fire one or two rounds before going to throwing staplers is all you need.

I have a .22 mag derringer for such occasions. This would be a step down, but may be more comfortable and concealable.

I can see it's market for those who can't carry by law or corporate mandate, whose main fear would be an active shooter at work. I've worked in such areas, and was acutely aware of the danger to my continued employment by choosing to carry. Concealed is concealed, and the better the better.

Not all our threats will be ISIS hordes or quick draw scenarios. Sometimes the ability to fire one or two rounds before going to throwing staplers is all you need.

I have a .22 mag derringer for such occasions. This would be a step down, but may be more comfortable and concealable.

If it's only a handbook problem just carry whatever the **** you want and conceal it well. A p3at or an lcp in deep concealment is 10 times the gun any of these crap guns are. At least you get 6 rnds of 380.

As it says in the article.

Probably better off with a NAA mini revolver .22LR which even has a suggested price $100 lower.

YES I would rather have a NAA mini revolver!

Many years ago I show a 4x4 piece of lumber using a NAA mini revolver, with a CCI stinger. It went through it!

.22LR, while not ideal, can be a viable option.

Last edited:
I saw a very interesting gun at Show Show a few years ago - I think it may have been magpul. It folded into a rectangular box about 1x7x9 with a handle on the 9" end and a flashlight on the 6" end. One could carry it walking the dog using the flashlight, and when the unit opened it because a shoulder mounted mag fed semi auto (or maybe full auto, I don't remember which).

I saw a very interesting gun at Show Show a few years ago - I think it may have been magpul. It folded into a rectangular box about 1x7x9 with a handle on the 9" end and a flashlight on the 6" end. One could carry it walking the dog using the flashlight, and when the unit opened it because a shoulder mounted mag fed semi auto (or maybe full auto, I don't remember which).

MagPul, and you got a full size Glock carbine when you were done unfolding.

What's with all the negativity?

Sure, it's a useless, ineffective piece of crap, but just think how much something like that will get the anti's all worked
up in a frenzy. [smile]

Full auto... too bad it never made it into full production, as it does look pretty cool...

Last edited by a moderator:
Legal and non-NFA the same way the modern pen guns are -- when configured for firing, it looks like a gun.

...my flip barrel or squared revolver cylinder concept could do the same thing.
I've been tempted to machine a 2-round "cylinder" for a NAA mini-revolver, for the times when even the 5-round gun is too big.

It's actually been produced as an airsoft gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand any of youse guys. This gun is for the very discerning and sophisticated gun owner (like a good Cuban cigar). [laugh]

Back when cars had radio antennas, making a 22 zip gun in shop class was a common illicit project. Extra respect given for using a teacher's antenna.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Gimme you're dough!"

"OK, I'm pulling out my wallet. Now I'm getting out my credit card for you. In order to use it, I must do this sequence of moves to clear the transactions. OK, face it down. Pinch both sides. Open until it clicks. Open this compartment. Tip up this black section. Put the gold looking thing inside. And now I point it at you to add you as a user aaaaand. . . . "

"Ow! WTF, dude??? What was that? A paperclip???"

Back
Top Bottom