• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Gun Control Poll Mega Thread

I think these polls CAN make a difference. Not one or two, here and there, but all of them put together and laid out for everyone to see.

I agree. It all comes down to making popular decisions, politicians don't want to piss off the majority of voters. Unfortunately the anti's are like bad reviews, their voices loud and taint an otherwise good thing. It's important to speak to friends, family and especially people on the fence about protecting our constitutional rights...we don't want to be drowned out by the screaming idiots.

Did you catch this article on the same page on the Bushmaster? You just can't fix stupid.

FOX UNDERCOVER - The weapon Adam Lanza used on his rampage was a Bushmaster semiautomatic carbine, a military-style assault weapon.

This type of assault weapon could be bought in Massachusetts if it's altered to fit state rules, which means it cannot have a 30-round magazine, a pistol grip or a collapsible stock, according to a spokesman for the Massachusetts Executive Office of Public Safety and Security.

In order to have an assault weapon or other large-capacity firearm or a rifle or shotgun in Massachusetts, a resident must obtain what's known as a class A license, which make up the majority of licenses given out in Massachusetts: 261,121 in all.

The top five towns with the most large capacity licenses are Boston, Springfield, Plymouth, Worcester and Westfield.

The state could not tell us how many Bushmaster carbines are registered in the state.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/20...-in-conn-shooting-legal-in-mass#ixzz2FPltZvEM

FOX 25 's FB page has this posted on it . We need to tell that they are wrong . I did . We all can . They are the last station in Boston that I will listen to and unfortunately that boat has sprung a leak.

From Knob Creek's article:
The top five towns with the most large capacity licenses are Boston, Springfield, Plymouth, Worcester and Westfield.

I find that data extremely hard to believe, except for Plymouth.

From Knob Creek's article:

I find that data extremely hard to believe, except for Plymouth.

No it's probably accurate. Don't forget the size of the population and the fact they are not mentioning restrictions so its possible.

What the article fails to say is after altering the rifle it is no longer an "assault weapon". Or the fact that assault weapon is an arbitrary term that has no true meaning. In free states they call them rifles or by make and model

This type of assault weapon could be bought in Massachusetts if it's altered to fit state rules, which means it cannot have a 30-round magazine, a pistol grip or a collapsible stock

In which case it's no longer an assault weapon.

No it's probably accurate. Don't forget the size of the population and the fact they are not mentioning restrictions so its possible.

What the article fails to say is after altering the rifle it is no longer an "assault weapon". Or the fact that assault weapon is an arbitrary term that has no true meaning. In free states they call them rifles or by make and model
Hmm, maybe. I hate how they twist the data to show what they want.

i had a very old jewish gentleman who buys appliances from me for his brothers in laws building business (regular customer), who is usually very very reserved and a quiet man...his words and i think they reflect in this poll.

"less guns!? hell no, they should cut the cost of LTC's, loosen gun restrictions and offer tax credits for gun owners...more guns means more peace. Ever meet anyone that WANTS to get shot? me either."

Dom

They played it safe with today's poll:

What steps should schools take to increase safety?

Security guards 27.55% (27 votes)
Bullet-proof windows 2.04% (2 votes)
Metal detectors 5.1% (5 votes)
All of the above 45.92% (45 votes)
Nothing can be done at schools to help 19.39% (19 votes)
Total Votes: 98

They played it safe with today's poll:

What steps should schools take to increase safety?

Security guards 27.55% (27 votes)
Bullet-proof windows 2.04% (2 votes)
Metal detectors 5.1% (5 votes)
All of the above 45.92% (45 votes)
Nothing can be done at schools to help 19.39% (19 votes)
Total Votes: 98

This pic is floating around FB, I think it's a good idea vets.jpg

Copy and paste the poll so that when they flip the results there can be corroborating evidence that they are liars.

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

For the new poll I think bulletproof windows might be bad if only thing done good way for ricochets if a shooter got in and would make it harder for LE to get in the building if needed IMO

For the new poll I think bulletproof windows might be bad if only thing done good way for ricochets if a shooter got in and would make it harder for LE to get in the building if needed IMO
they prevent an exit of last resort in case of active shooter and fire alike. Very bad idea.

Safety glass, now there is a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom