The Gun Control Poll Mega Thread

Interesting takes from libtards on reddit WRT a post stating "Obama is walking into a trap"
I would hope, though I know it is too much to ask, for a broader conversation to start from this for "the left" and "the right" to ask on what authority the government would even "ban" things like this?

If I own it, it is my private property, so I can sell it. If I build it, it is my free expression.

To some extent there is recognition of this already in that you can build your own gun happily. Of course you can't sell it because they've claimed that even selling to your neighbor is "interstate commerce" (which is an invalid legal analysis to say the least). That said, there is at least partial recognition there of the reality that government has no authority to tell you what you can make in your own garage.

That's the reality of freedom that people who current support both parties to their personal detriment need focus on. Government is not our parent and it has no constitutional authority to behave as such. That is the will we need to impose on our government or we have lost out freedoms.

In 2009, the 10 leading causes of death accounted for about 75% of all deaths occurring in the United States. The rank order of causes in 2009 remained unchanged from 2008.

The top two causes, Diseases of heart (heart disease) and cancer, accounted for 47.9% of all deaths in 2009. Chronic lower respiratory diseases (CLRD) ranked third, stroke fourth, and unintentional injuries fifth, accounting for 15.8% of all deaths in 2009. Completing the top 10 for 2009 were Alzheimer’s disease (6th), Diabetes mellitus (diabetes) (7th), Influenza and pneumonia (8th), kidney disease (9th), and suicide (10th).

You are more likely to die from salmonella, syphillis, Parkinson's disease, flu or any of 103 other causes, than from assault (homicide) by discharge of a firearm.

Cite: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr61/nvsr61_07.pdf
Cite: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm

Statistics are like politicians:: They all lie.

ETA

Elsewhere in the same links are further stats:

1. Diseases of heart (heart disease)
2. Malignant neoplasms (cancer)
3. Chronic lower respiratory diseases
4. Cerebrovascular diseases (stroke)
5. Accidents (unintentional injuries)
6. Alzheimer’s disease
7. Diabetes mellitus (diabetes)
8. Influenza and pneumonia
9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis (kidney
disease)
10. Intentional self-harm (suicide)
11. Septicemia
12. Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis
13. Essential hypertension and hypertensive renal dis*
ease (hypertension)
14. Parkinson’s disease
15. Assault (homicide)

However you read it, though, stay away from drunks and unprotected sex and you'll probably live a long life.

Last edited:
I would hope, though I know it is too much to ask, for a broader conversation to start from this for "the left" and "the right" to ask on what authority the government would even "ban" things like this?

If I own it, it is my private property, so I can sell it. If I build it, it is my free expression.

To some extent there is recognition of this already in that you can build your own gun happily. Of course you can't sell it because they've claimed that even selling to your neighbor is "interstate commerce" (which is an invalid legal analysis to say the least). That said, there is at least partial recognition there of the reality that government has no authority to tell you what you can make in your own garage.

That's the reality of freedom that people who current support both parties to their personal detriment need focus on. Government is not our parent and it has no constitutional authority to behave as such. That is the will we need to impose on our government or we have lost out freedoms.

Unfortunately with that, they invariably go off asking you if you have a right to a nuclear device and other libtarded notions. Before any progress is made you've realized they aren't worth talking to.

That is the most unscientific poll I've ever seen. Not worth my time.

And you base that on what?[rolleyes]

p.s. How about taking time to pony up and join NES and become a member of this forum and support it with $$$$...... is that worth your time????

Mental health legislation pertaining to gun rights is a slippery slope guys. He who defines "mentally deficient" is king, and unfortunately, that guy will be wearing a uniform and probably have a anti-2a attitude.

This isn't an anything issue. This is a human nature issue, violence has existed since the dawn of time. No legislation will end it. Don't feed them anything they can work with, they'll use it to take away our rights one way or another.

And you base that on what?[rolleyes]

Well, for starters there are four options. What happens if you don't believe that the whitehouse should focus on any of those? I don't believe they should. So, if I vote I'm skewing the results. I would assume that many people here are doing just that. Because, I've heard more than enough talk here to believe that there are a lot of people that either feel that the government is incapable of reducing this type of crime, or that it is not the roll of government to take any of the actions listed.

And, because there are 4 options to spread the results around, what ultimately happens is the entity polling comes out and says something absurd like "only 6 percent of people think that the whitehouse should pursue gun control". When, if the poll were a simple 2 question poll of "Should the whitehouse pursue gun control?" The results would be much more in favor. The antis put polls up like this too, and its every bit as foolish.

Its also an internet poll on Fox news which has a much larger conservative base. So, its much more likely that pro gun people are going to be hit that poll. Meaning, it is not taking an accurate sample of the population.

Also, it is a poll that allows the sample population to vote more than once.

I hope this helps.

p.s. How about taking time to pony up and join NES and become a member of this forum and support it with $$$$...... is that worth your time????

Its not a matter of time. I just happen to believe that it is not worth my money. I don't mean that as an insult to anyone. I just mean it as frankly as it comes off.

Just as you were ignorant to the reasons that the poll was utterly pointless, maybe I am ignorant to the reasons why I should spend money to join this forum. I made my argument, so I will allow you to make yours if you would like.

Well, for starters there are four options. What happens if you don't believe that the whitehouse should focus on any of those? I don't believe they should. So, if I vote I'm skewing the results. I would assume that many people here are doing just that. Because, I've heard more than enough talk here to believe that there are a lot of people that either feel that the government is incapable of reducing this type of crime, or that it is not the roll of government to take any of the actions listed.

And, because there are 4 options to spread the results around, what ultimately happens is the entity polling comes out and says something absurd like "only 6 percent of people think that the whitehouse should pursue gun control". When, if the poll were a simple 2 question poll of "Should the whitehouse pursue gun control?" The results would be much more in favor. The antis put polls up like this too, and its every bit as foolish.

Its also an internet poll on Fox news which has a much larger conservative base. So, its much more likely that pro gun people are going to be hit that poll. Meaning, it is not taking an accurate sample of the population.

Also, it is a poll that allows the sample population to vote more than once.

I hope this helps.

Its not a matter of time. I just happen to believe that it is not worth my money. I don't mean that as an insult to anyone. I just mean it as frankly as it comes off.

Just as you were ignorant to the reasons that the poll was utterly pointless, maybe I am ignorant to the reasons why I should spend money to join this forum. I made my argument, so I will allow you to make yours if you would like.

WOW!!! I dont care what the answers are, i'm voting against gun control!!!

We all know it isn't a legit poll, relax, and join the fight!!!!

So basically you have no reason not to join NES

Non Member since 2008??? Really??

Non Member since 2008??? Really??

Yup. I don't really understand what is odd about that. I don't do much other than come on now and again when politics go nuts and make some posts and bitch and moan about stuff. I'm open to suggestions, if you have a compelling reason to purchase a membership. I'm not being sarcastic.

Yup. I don't really understand what is odd about that. I don't do much other than come on now and again when politics go nuts and make some posts and bitch and moan about stuff. I'm open to suggestions, if you have a compelling reason to purchase a membership. I'm not being sarcastic.

I really do try to be non confrontational on NES, and i certainly would want to offend or insult you, but my suggestion would be to GFY.

Something tells me your wealthy.

And you base that on what?
042.gif

+ 1

I really do try to be non confrontational on NES, and i certainly would want to offend or insult you, but my suggestion would be to GFY.

If GFY is what I think it means, then that is a ridiculous thing to say to an honest question. And, I really think that it is not the way that you would handle yourself if you gave it much thought.

I hope GFY is not what I think it means.

If GFY is what I think it means, then that is a ridiculous thing to say to an honest question. And, I really think that it is not the way that you would handle yourself if you gave it much thought.

I hope GFY is not what I think it means.

It definetly is what u think it is!!

Back
Top Bottom