The Gun Control Poll Mega Thread

Something tells me your wealthy.

I honestly don't know why you are saying that. I feel as though I am missing something here. I like to post things on this forum from time to time and that is something that the limited membership allows me to do. I don't desire the benefits (that I know of) of a green membership. So, I'm sort of confused as to why people are suggesting to pay for that membership. Do you all buy things that you don't need when you are at the store?

Can you explain this to me?

- - - Updated - - -

It definetly is what u think it is!!

Well, thats one way to pursuade people I suppose. Its not the best way, though.

That's a tough one. Most of these school shootings seem to be mental health issues. However, I'm a firm believer that the difference in gun crime between towns, states and nations is due to cultural differences not laws and availability. For our culture, I put a lot of blame on the entertainment industry.

It is kind of like going to church and when the plate comes around telling the guy that it was nice visiting but our beliefs really are not worthy of your support. But you know, not trying to insult all of the rest of you folks....[thinking]

It is kind of like going to church and when the plate comes around telling the guy that it was nice visiting but our beliefs really are not worthy of your support. But you know, not trying to insult all of the rest of you folks....[thinking]

well said..... But is it wrong I grab a buck or two from the plate? Helps me pay for my membership. Hahahaha.

CNN Breaking News:

52% of Americans favor major restrictions on guns or making all guns illegal, according to a CNN/ORC poll.

The poll was taken December 17-18, just days after a gunman killed 27 people, including 20 children, in Newtown, Connecticut.

53% of people polled also say they believe attacks will continue regardless of any action taken.

"Why do you NEED an assault rifle with high capacity ammunition clips?"

This question gets me every time. It's not as simple to answer as I thought....not because I don't KNOW why, but trying to explain it to a sheep is close to impossible.

This question gets me every time. It's not as simple to answer as I thought....not because I don't KNOW why, but trying to explain it to a sheep is close to impossible.

I ask them if they own anything they don't NEED.

Yup. I don't really understand what is odd about that. I don't do much other than come on now and again when politics go nuts and make some posts and bitch and moan about stuff. I'm open to suggestions, if you have a compelling reason to purchase a membership. I'm not being sarcastic.

A single group by or service by a professional you find through the members section pays for multiple years of NES. There's value there if you need any more reason to otherwise support a great resource. I get a lot more entertainment and info out of a year of NES than I would an equivalently priced DVD.

Answer: Why do cops NEED these weapons"
Them: (something along the lines of...) Well police encounter criminals and need to protect themselves
Answer: Sounds like the exact same reason many lawful gun owners own guns.
Them: usually silence but sometimes "well police are trained blahblah" I just bring up any instance of a nyc police shooting, you know.. 200 bullets, 3 in the bad guy(or totally innocent person) 197 sprayed everywhere else.

Seems like you are.. No one can have an opinion unless they hand over cash to whoever registered the domain right? By the amount of greens on here I assume the owners ferrari is not out of gas.

It was a tongue and cheek remark to point out that he had essentially insulted all of the green members. I did not comment on your first post, because you did not insult green members. I have no issue with users that choose not to go green, and welcome their input, as I do yours. I took exception to the assertion that the modest cost of membership was not worth the asking price, and by extension, those who pay it are some how chumps or below average thinkers.
Now before you go making crazy comments about the founder of NES I suggest that you do a little homework. Ferrari??? [rofl] Bwahaha!! Yeah, he is a decorated Marine marksman who could quite possible have done more for the firearms community than any one in the Northeast, hold down a day job, and has a Ferrari in the driveway with a full tank.[rolleyes]

Besides all the selfish reasons for going green; group buys, group shoots, build parties, gatherings, green member deals from dealers, bunch more reasons I'm missing....?

Tossing a measly few bucks towards one of the most useful resources on the internet for gun owners in the Northeast to help offset the cost of running it? Google ANY firearms related question pertaining to the New England area... You'll have NES in the top results.

If I had to guess... You're the type of neighbour who consistently borrows the same tools over and over again .... But is just too cheap to buy your own.

Stop mucking up this thread and go away.

Seems like you are.. No one can have an opinion unless they hand over cash to whoever registered the domain right? By the amount of greens on here I assume the owners ferrari is not out of gas.

Dude, you send me a PM slamming the "Forum Owner" but you don't except PM's yourself? I am not sure where the "delete account option is" that you are looking for under your user name, but I know how to use the "ignore" feature

So if and when a new AWB with specific restrictions on magazine capacity hypothetically is passed at the federal level--how will that affect existing Mass. AWB laws? Will it just be a non-issue and continue as it was/is or will the pre-ban date be changed to the hypothetical coming federal preban cut-off date?

My head is spinning. When will the lawmakers realize we need sensible and intelligible gun laws that responsible, licensed gun owners can easily understand?

If such a sadly useless and irrelevant thing does pass, people in current-ban states will still be having to look to "Pre-ban" ('94) for non-compliant stuff - the rest of the US will have to talk about "Pre-ban II" or something. Or start using years. "Pre '94ban" "Pre '03ban". PBI, PBII?

It is a bill of rights not a bill of needs.

MA-SHOOTER BEAT ME TO IT.

It is a bill of rights not a bill of needs.
The answer should be less polite at this point. The question in response is whether perhaps they should consider some restrictions and oversight on their parenting because the mother of this killer was unable to teach, treat or control her son?

Both are equally ridiculous and insulting.

www.boston.com

Has a poll running

Question for the moderators. Should we have a combined thread that is only a list of these polls/surveys?

One stop shopping for everyonr that wants to vote on them and keep it to links only so we dont get the running arguements.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

Well, for starters there are four options. What happens if you don't believe that the whitehouse should focus on any of those? I don't believe they should. So, if I vote I'm skewing the results. I would assume that many people here are doing just that. Because, I've heard more than enough talk here to believe that there are a lot of people that either feel that the government is incapable of reducing this type of crime, or that it is not the roll of government to take any of the actions listed.

And, because there are 4 options to spread the results around, what ultimately happens is the entity polling comes out and says something absurd like "only 6 percent of people think that the whitehouse should pursue gun control". When, if the poll were a simple 2 question poll of "Should the whitehouse pursue gun control?" The results would be much more in favor. The antis put polls up like this too, and its every bit as foolish.

Its also an internet poll on Fox news which has a much larger conservative base. So, its much more likely that pro gun people are going to be hit that poll. Meaning, it is not taking an accurate sample of the population.

Also, it is a poll that allows the sample population to vote more than once.

I hope this helps.

Its not a matter of time. I just happen to believe that it is not worth my money. I don't mean that as an insult to anyone. I just mean it as frankly as it comes off.

Just as you were ignorant to the reasons that the poll was utterly pointless, maybe I am ignorant to the reasons why I should spend money to join this forum. I made my argument, so I will allow you to make yours if you would like.

So you are compelled to call me ignorant?????? Your not worth the time to respond to but here goes. Your a typical troller, who wants the benefits of the forum but wont contribute. Just so I don't have to read your dribble any longer which it is just that, I use the ignore feature. As to a NES membership being worth it, if folks didn't pay the membership fee folks like you would have to troll someplace else.
Maybe you should think about it this way, paying the fee helps the forum and allows for improvements. Maybe you are an "entitled" individual and feel we who do pay the membership fee somehow owe you and that your brilliance and superior intelligence should be all that you need to contribute.[puke]

Also genius, Its spelled White House not whitehouse...mom must have turned the basement light out on you again.[rofl][rofl][rofl]

Last edited:
So if and when a new AWB with specific restrictions on magazine capacity hypothetically is passed at the federal level--how will that affect existing Mass. AWB laws? Will it just be a non-issue and continue as it was/is or will the pre-ban date be changed to the hypothetical coming federal preban cut-off date?

My head is spinning. When will the lawmakers realize we need sensible and intelligible gun laws that responsible, licensed gun owners can easily understand?

We will have Pre-ban, Post Ban, Post Pre-Ban, Pre-Pre-Ban, Post Pre-Pre Ban, and spam with ham and spam with spam and ham!

Back
Top Bottom