The Gun Control Poll Mega Thread

Patrick said he's willing to work with gun-rights advocates to help balance the needs of sportsmen and hunters against the need to keep automatic weapons off the streets.

Vote AWB Poll Des Moines Register

Do you support a ban on semi-automatic, assault-style weapons?
Go vote no.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com

So far we are losing:

Yes. 51% 599 votes ▼

No. 46% 541 votes ▼

I'm not sure. 2% 25 votes ▼

I don't care either way. 0% 8 votes ▼

1173 votes

Those lying dickheads totally faked the numbers because this is what they're showing now:

Would you support a ban on all assault-type rifles?

Yes 59.9%
No 40.1%
Total votes: 1266

Quite a bit different than the 2 to 1 against numbers it showed when the poll was still running.

Hey T&G staffers
middlefinger.gif

Vote Ohio wcpo-tv poll on gun bans

Go vote “Make no changes to gun laws”

Gun control: Newtown tragedy puts hot button issue back on national agenda
When it comes to our nation's gun laws, which would you support?

http://www.wcpo.com/

So far:

Bring back ban on semiautomatic weapons 25%
Enact stricter rules on all gun types 19%
Make no changes to gun laws 38%
More study of issue before any changes 16%

We're winning!

No49%
Yes.47%
I'm not sure.2%
I don't care either way.0%

EDIt: sonuvabitch, it was at 49/47, back to 48/48 again.

Edit edit: it's back to 49/47 again.

Someone asked me why I would need to buy more than one gun a month... I replied its the 12 guns in a year that's more of a concern.

Worcester Telegram:

support for ban on AW: no's leading 52/48.

wwlp poll re: support for one per month: no's leading 53/46.

Interesting takes from libtards on reddit WRT a post stating "Obama is walking into a trap"

In 2010, "rifles" were used in just 2.75% of homicides in America. That includes rifles of all types, even assault weapons. I'd wager that murders involving hi-cap magazines were an even smaller fraction.

Did the sandy brook shooting even involve an "assault rifle"? I've hear he had a Bushmaster on him but there seem to be conflicting reports as to whether or not he used it.

I believe the most common gun used in homicides (and all violent crime) is a revolver chambered in .38 (not entirely sure on that) in fact, in 2010, roughly 75% of homicides were committed with pistols. Why aren't we banning them instead? (that's a rhetorical question, BTW)

This is nothing but a pointless feel good law. Let's say that every year, 300 People are murdered with assault rifles and 8600 (which I think is close to the average) are killed as a result of a drunk driver (vehicular homicide) that means 27 times as many people are killed by drunk drivers as they are by assault rifles. Should we ban alcohol now?

As a liberal gun owner I worry deeply about this. I also worry that, like blaming teachers for poor outcomes in poor neighborhoods, this gun ban business simply allows us to continue to ignore the real social problems that underline the saturation of all forms of violence our country is experiencing. We need to stop fearing each other.

Yep. The democrats will throw away a lot of political clout that they just won in the election if they try to take guns away from people. Lots of people are gun owners, not just southern rednecks.

Also, looking at the evidence the original AWB in the 90s did absolutely nothing for gun violence. Nothing.

I'm very, very liberal and really involved in politics. I'm the kind of person who sat up the whole night waiting to see the results of the Iowa Caucus when Romney and Santorum were only a few votes apart.

I also am a gun owner, and avid marksman, and think that this proposed AWB is complete bullshit. If this comes down to a simple party split, I'll have a really hard time donating to the Dems ever again, and will likely stick to third parties. My Congresswoman, a Democrat, has opposed AWB legislation in the past, I can only hope that she'll continue to do so in the upcoming session.

This fight is going to be long and brutal. I'm just waiting until the name of the bill is announced, because you know it's going to be something like "Preventing Massacres of Innocent Children by Banning Military Assault Weapons (HR-1)"

Nice post ^

As I said before, this is being blown way out of proportions. These ****ing morons holding office just love shoving new ban fears in our faces and it may seem like there is a ton of moonbats out there, there are just as many pro 2A supporters. Jeez, I can't believe how crazy people are, tenting outside of gunshops. [rolleyes]

I am surprised how much 2A support is coming out. A lot of these polls are leaning the right way and even on facebook I am not seeing the expected overreaction.

I'm not seeing much AWB nonsense on FB either, but that's mainly because I've tuned the display preferences not to show the sharings of idiots. Since this is almost everyone I know, I see little traffic there at all. Mostly pictures of relative's kids and their pets.

Back
Top Bottom