• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"The Crown has spoken! You may kiss the royal ring!" - gun ban news from Canada

Love Machine

NES Member
Federal Court dismisses challenge of Trudeau's 2020 firearms ban

A few choice excerpts:

"The Governor in Council does not owe a duty of procedural fairness to firearm owners affected by the Regulations."

"The Governor in Council formed the opinion that the prescribed firearms are not reasonable for use in hunting and sport and the opinion and decision to prescribe the firearms as prohibited are reasonable"

The judge asked the gov to produce evidence that the banned rifles (including AR-15s) are not hunting/sporting and the gov simply said "cabinet confidence", meaning they can't release the data and just have to be trusted.

However!

Indigenous hunters are still allowed to possess and hunt with these firearms. So they are not hunting firearms, unless you are a certain race - then they are. You legit can't make this shit up.

How many "indigenous hunters" are left in Canada and what is the standard of proof? Probably 2% of licensed gun owners there. So, the Crown and its puppets succeeded in banning 98% of what they originally sought to ban.

It’s well past time to break up that motley collection of distinct nations up there. That might precipitate a civil war however. The only refugees I want to see streaming across the border are the strippers from St. Catherine street.
Headed to Montreal next week, my I should “interview”?

Last edited:
How many "indigenous hunters" are left in Canada and what is the standard of proof? Probably 2% of licensed gun owners there. So, the Crown and its puppets succeeded in banning 98% of what they originally sought to ban.

I wonder what sort of family tree you have to have to be considered "First Nations" up there. IIRC, some tribes down here you only have to be 1/16.

It’s cute that in the states the anti 2A pols try to make owning a firearm about hunting or sport only and never bring up the fact that the 2A exists. It has nothing to do with enumerating reasons why you should have a firearm, it’s a constitutionally protected right. You don’t have to enumerate why you are exercising any right.

Wow. I never realized how much of a dictatorship it is up there.
They’re finished. They are probably 5 years ahead of us with regard to where rights are being stomped out. Too bad. I know a lot of really nice people who are Canadians, and honestly when I first met them I thought they were from the US Midwest. Their reputation as a kind and polite nation is really well-earned. Unfortunately the global elites took advantage of that and disarmed the nation. Wait until you see what comes next. Take a peak at Australia and New Zealand for a hint. Locking people in camps during Covid and letting migrants run rampant over the citizens with no police action to protect them.

It's a good thing that Canadians, in general, are good with being slaves and subjects. Otherwise, we might be looking at a brewing civil war on our northern border. 🤔

I wonder what sort of family tree you have to have to be considered "First Nations" up there. IIRC, some tribes down here you only have to be 1/16.
In many instances blood quantum is a bad way to judge these things. Some blacks in New England are simply members in the tribe (pokenoket is a good example) because a great great grandmother or something was inducted due to mistaken ancestry but they are still a part of the tribe.

Damned no-firearms-rights-in-their-constitution thing again. "We don't need that. Americans are stupid. Of COURSE it's a right. Duhhh." ENUMERATED!!!!

EEEEE NUUUUUU MERADED!!!!!!!!!

That's what you get for reporting to Merry 'Ol England.
Read somewhere that the British loyalist that left NY during the American Revolution went to Nova Scotia, New Brinswick area If from the North and the Southern loyalist to Florida. I wonder if you could go back and ask them who made out better if it would be those that went to Canada or Florida.

It’s well past time to break up that motley collection of distinct nations up there. That might precipitate a civil war however. The only refugees I want to see streaming across the border are the strippers from St. Catherine street.
West canada is cool too i thought sans the cities

Damned no-firearms-rights-in-their-constitution thing again. "We don't need that. Americans are stupid. Of COURSE it's a right. Duhhh." ENUMERATED!!!!

EEEEE NUUUUUU MERADED!!!!!!!!!
They don't have any actual rights. The canadian charter of rights and freedoms is a voluntary declarations by the government, without any binding effect. And now this shit really matters.

They’re finished. They are probably 5 years ahead of us with regard to where rights are being stomped out. Too bad. I know a lot of really nice people who are Canadians, and honestly when I first met them I thought they were from the US Midwest. Their reputation as a kind and polite nation is really well-earned. Unfortunately the global elites took advantage of that and disarmed the nation. Wait until you see what comes next. Take a peak at Australia and New Zealand for a hint. Locking people in camps during Covid and letting migrants run rampant over the citizens with no police action to protect them.
Let's revisit this post in 5 years, because the U.S is not 5 years away from becoming Canada.

Gun rights are moving in the opposite direction here.

CA likes to pass sh*t and they get b*tch slapped by the courts. If MA passes the new bill, the same thing will happen here. The stupid sh*t these States truly to do just helps the rest of the country. It is unfortunate it will take some time.

In 5 years we will probably have 1 or 2 additional green States while Canada will probably finish banning every gun.

The double cross is standard procedure in Canada, eh?

Back when the had a bill to ban mags > 10 rounds (Handguns) or 5 rounds (rifles), they appeased the sporting community by including a "high capacity magazine license" for competitors.

Once the bill (C68) was passed, the announcement was "No such licenses shall be issued".

Brief Googlefu search shows approx 1.2/ 100k police in OH Canada.
Vs.
2.4 / 100k police in the US.
(those numbers go up or down by year and are not absolutely current)

They don't have any actual rights. The canadian charter of rights and freedoms is a voluntary declarations by the government, without any binding effect. And now this shit really matters.

I know! What they did was assume that future government would SURELY just treat people as citizens and humans instead of subjects. Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Sort of like when Hairy Reed decided that they could F with the Senate voting rules but was pissed when the GOP took over the Senate and wouldn't change them back. Assume the other guy is going to F with you. That's what the Founding Fathers did. Good assumption.

Let's revisit this post in 5 years, because the U.S is not 5 years away from becoming Canada.

Gun rights are moving in the opposite direction here.

CA likes to pass sh*t and they get b*tch slapped by the courts. If MA passes the new bill, the same thing will happen here. The stupid sh*t these States truly to do just helps the rest of the country. It is unfortunate it will take some time.

In 5 years we will probably have 1 or 2 additional green States while Canada will probably finish banning every gun.
Ok, maybe not 5 years, but perhaps not far from that if a strong 2A person isn’t in the White House in 2 years or unless the GOP keeps its majority with no anti-2A RINOs screwing everyone. Another 4 years for Biden or another dem gets them 4 more years of judicial appointments, and maybe one or even two SCOTUS picks. That’s not counting if they win enough seats in 2024 to try to pack the court by adding more justices via legislation. And that’s just 2A stuff.

Last edited:
Ok, maybe not 5 years, but perhaps not far from that if a strong 2A person isn’t in the White House in 2 years or unless the GOP keeps its majority with no anti-2A RINOs screwing everyone. Another 4 years for Biden or another dem gets them 4 more years of judicial appointments, and maybe one or even two SJC picks. That’s not counting if they win enough seats in 2024 to try to pack the court by adding more justices via legislation. And that’s just 2A stuff.
When is the last time a "strong 2A" person was in the White House?

When has the GOP having a majority made a difference? ... did they rush anything through last time they controlled everything?

When is the last time a "strong 2A" person was in the White House?

When has the GOP having a majority made a difference? ... did they rush anything through last time they controlled everything?
Unfortunately a strong 2A president is one who doesn’t constantly ask for new gun control legislation, and having a GOP majority tends to mean that you aren’t going to get a slew of new awb’s and other nonsensical red flag laws proposed, nevermind passed.

The dems love the death by a thousand cuts, for now. the dems did a “Gun safety“ bill in June of 2022, which the dems of course touted as stronger gun control without violating 2A rights

If the dems get a majority and the White House in 2024, you’ll see a new awb and a host of new red flag laws, nevermind the long term damage that will be done by 8 years of Biden picks to the federal benches. When the leftists get a majority on the Supreme Court then all bets are off with regard to the damage that will be done to 2A rights.

yes, this is a lot of worst case pant-sh*tting, but, no one thought we would be battling for 2A rights when Maura got in, either, and here we are in the other MA law thread pinning hopes to a “compromise” on rights lost and maybe the SJC taking it up in 5 years and striking down very narrow portions of whatever gets passed, assuming a still 2A friendly SJC.

ETA: sorry, I meant SCOTUS

Last edited:
Ok, maybe not 5 years, but perhaps not far from that if a strong 2A person isn’t in the White House in 2 years or unless the GOP keeps its majority with no anti-2A RINOs screwing everyone. Another 4 years for Biden or another dem gets them 4 more years of judicial appointments, and maybe one or even two SJC picks. That’s not counting if they win enough seats in 2024 to try to pack the court by adding more justices via legislation. And that’s just 2A stuff.
SJC?

Back
Top Bottom