• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

For reference 12/2017 it was $299.80 a case.
The cartridge is GTG as a matter of fact I shot a couple boxes this past week out of a 5" 1911 at 25-yards.

🐯

I had it in my cart earlier this year - right before the craziness and It was 9.99 per box. But I’ve seen the price on it all over the place over the last few years.

Can you compare it to syntech?

Anyone else noticing a slow-down on the firing lines at their clubs? Could be the weather...???
Wish I could say, last time I was at the range was to drop off my dues check pre-covid.

I prefer going late night when fewer people are about which doesn't quite jive with my current work schedule(leave the house at 4 a.m.), after this coming week though that'll change due to a shift swap. Going to second shift, a lot fewer "I'm important" people and even more so wrt the paste eating window lickers(sadly there's no getting rid of all of them entirely).

I have a feeling that even with everything going on at the moment, this is going to stay in stock for a while.

You were partially right, I saw some in stock on Friday.

Of course as of this morning it is sold out, even at 36 cpr. I suppose desperate buyers compared it to the other (defensive) 9mm in stock at 80cpr and decided that 36 might be expensive, but once that's gone 80 is the new low price.

Or they're going to flip it at 50cpr, who knows.

Wish I could say, last time I was at the range was to drop off my dues check pre-covid.

I prefer going late night when fewer people are about which doesn't quite jive with my current work schedule(leave the house at 4 a.m.), after this coming week though that'll change due to a shift swap. Going to second shift, a lot fewer "I'm important" people and even more so wrt the paste eating window lickers(sadly there's no getting rid of all of them entirely).

I too prefer being at work when the managers aren't around. I know this has nothing to do with the price of ammo.

That's the rampant lion from the Czech coat of arms. Probably a good bet that it is rebranded S&B.

Likely made by S&B, but as you pointed out, the lion only indicates that it has connection with the Czech Republic (Czechia) and not necessarily S&B.

If a reloader with a bullet puller had both they could pull the bullets from the TS and the S&B cartridges and compare the powder charges. Wouldn't necessarily prove anything but it would be another bit of evidence.

How many ammo manufacturers are there in the Czech... I'm guessing it's S&B.

As for their price... it's high, but it's also available. So...

The crest and code match what is on my S&B 30-06 packaging

If anybody has STV Scorpio ammo coming in from andrew1220’s connection, then we can confirm if that crest and code are out on all Czech ammo exports or if it’s specific to S&B. Though, the Scorpio ammo looks to have the same coating as both S&B and TSA, so maybe they’re all 3 made at the same factory.

Someone complained about the big increase in prices on Target Sports. They answered as follows:

"Response:Hello Gary, the demand is greater then it was after Obama re-election and Sandy Hook and it took a Republican President and 5 years for all the ammo to get back to "normal" levels. It will take a very long time, keep in mind that uncertainty is the new normal and since there wa soo much money printed in the last few months, dollar itself lost some value making the prices go up as well... we can go on and on.....Huge Elephant that is looming over is the virus and if the shutdown happens again :-( .... that will be a devastating factor."

😭 😭 😭

If anybody has STV Scorpio ammo coming in from andrew1220’s connection, then we can confirm if that crest and code are out on all Czech ammo exports or if it’s specific to S&B. Though, the Scorpio ammo looks to have the same coating as both S&B and TSA, so maybe they’re all 3 made at the same factory.

The STV has a brass jacketed projectile, does TSA and or S&B?

🐯

It’s 100% S&B. I compared the packaging to the 1 other box of S&B I have and it’s identical. Unless all Czech ammo shares the same size box, plastic ammo tray, brass coated bullet (though the above comment states they do, so that might be moot), it’s S&B.
At .33/rd. It’s pricey S&B, but as someone else said, it was available and at the very least it’s a reputable manufacturer. Damn brass flakes everywhere and all.

Someone complained about the big increase in prices on Target Sports. They answered as follows:

"Response:Hello Gary, the demand is greater then it was after Obama re-election and Sandy Hook and it took a Republican President and 5 years for all the ammo to get back to "normal" levels. It will take a very long time, keep in mind that uncertainty is the new normal and since there wa soo much money printed in the last few months, dollar itself lost some value making the prices go up as well... we can go on and on.....Huge Elephant that is looming over is the virus and if the shutdown happens again :-( .... that will be a devastating factor."

😭 😭 😭

The message itself aside, it’s refreshing to get such a detailed, candid answer from a company to some random comment on their site complaining about a specific product’s price.

Back
Top Bottom