Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Yep and guess who just had to buy some of it 😐 I need to slow down my shooting. I’ve been going through an easy 500+ rounds a week from being home so much and everything I had saved is gone. Oh well, now I’m paying for it.
That’s how I feel with my primers. I loaded up 300ish rounds of 357 mag yesterday and was thinking to myself I probably won’t find primers to replace these anytime soon. But at the rate I’m shooting now and planning to start a family in the next 1-2 years, I have enough. I probably won’t be shooting much once a kid rolls around.

Ordered the 2 case limit Friday night and got the UPS shipping confirmation this afternoon. Arrival scheduled for Thursday by 9pm. Thanks again Andrew!

That’s how I feel with my primers. I loaded up 300ish rounds of 357 mag yesterday and was thinking to myself I probably won’t find primers to replace these anytime soon. But at the rate I’m shooting now and planning to start a family in the next 1-2 years, I have enough. I probably won’t be shooting much once a kid rolls around.

It depends. My first kid coincided with me moving much closer to my range a year later. So I had actually managed an uptick in my shooting. I could stop by on the way to work and knock out 20-50 rounds of training several times a week. But, I definitely cut way way down on shooting when my wife got pregnant with #2 to minimize lead exposure. But young kids does still take some lead mitigation precautions which makes shooting a little more of a pain. The finding time aspect, I think it degrades the more kids you have and the more activities they have.

14 bucks for Wolf 9mm...yikes and those shipping delays. Glad I stocked up during the good times

The 'good ol days' of January 2020 when you joined NES?

...I wonder if we'll look back at this and remember the months before we lost our country...

...before all the old guys came out of the woodwork and took it back?

...Bueller...Bueller? ...Anyone?

It depends. My first kid coincided with me moving much closer to my range a year later. So I had actually managed an uptick in my shooting. I could stop by on the way to work and knock out 20-50 rounds of training several times a week. But, I definitely cut way way down on shooting when my wife got pregnant with #2 to minimize lead exposure. But young kids does still take some lead mitigation precautions which makes shooting a little more of a pain. The finding time aspect, I think it degrades the more kids you have and the more activities they have.

You do know you're not s'posed to let your kids lick your bullets, right?

The 'good ol days' of January 2020 when you joined NES?

...I wonder if we'll look back at this and remember the months before we lost our country...

...before all the old guys came out of the woodwork and took it back?

...Bueller...Bueller? ...Anyone?
Glad I got my ltc in November and didn’t scramble to get it this year... when my father in law told me there would be shortages I didn’t think it would be this bad

Glad I got my ltc in November and didn’t scramble to get it this year... when my father in law told me there would be shortages I didn’t think it would be this bad

Most people didn’t think it’d be this bad. I was starting to stock up for a contentious election year, assuming there‘d be a drought. But even seeing COVID coming, it would be almost impossible to also predict mass riots and civil unrest on top of everything.

Glad to hear you were able to get your LTC in time.

Most people didn’t think it’d be this bad. I was starting to stock up for a contentious election year, assuming there‘d be a drought. But even seeing COVID coming, it would be almost impossible to also predict mass riots and civil unrest on top of everything.

Glad to hear you were able to get your LTC in time.
what's funny is I live in a very green town, got it in two weeks. If I had been delayed nearly 6 months I wouldn't have the number of firearms, ammo and gear I would now. Things happen for a reason and i'm ready for whatever challenges are ahead

Just checked out Target Sports USA's website. I no longer see the price per round.

I wonder why they removed it? Most of us can do math...

Does anyone have historical pricing on 6.5cm? I didn't start buying it until June, so I'm not sure how much more it has really gotten. Ive been trying a box or 2 of a few different brands

Does anyone have historical pricing on 6.5cm? I didn't start buying it until June, so I'm not sure how much more it has really gotten. Ive been trying a box or 2 of a few different brands

I don’t have a lot of data, but I do have these data from my own purchases:

Hornady 143gr ELD-X:
June 26, 2019: $1.29 / round
July 08, 2020: $1.29 / round

Magtech 140gr FMJ:
Feb 28, 2020: $0.51 / round (500rnd box)
June 11, 2020: $0.55 / round (20rnd boxes)

So, the rounds I purchase have not really gone up in price. And heck, pretty soon it will be cheaper to shoot 6.5CM than 5.56.

Just checked out Target Sports USA's website. I no longer see the price per round.

I wonder why they removed it? Most of us can do math...
Still there for me but I prefer to clicking on price per case and divide by 1000 as that gives a more accurate price per round (goes out five places instead of two).

I don’t have a lot of data, but I do have these data from my own purchases:

Hornady 143gr ELD-X:
June 26, 2019: $1.29 / round
July 08, 2020: $1.29 / round

Magtech 140gr FMJ:
Feb 28, 2020: $0.51 / round (500rnd box)
June 11, 2020: $0.55 / round (20rnd boxes)

So, the rounds I purchase have not really gone up in price. And heck, pretty soon it will be cheaper to shoot 6.5CM than 5.56.

Thanks, these both look like about what I've been paying.

The magtechs almost cheaper than 9mm at this point...

Back
Top Bottom