Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Wow, talk about the effects of supply and demand...TSUSA just went full retard on .223 steel case. Glad I don't need any.

$0.32/ round for steel 223. 99+ in stock as of 8pm July 13. Will be interesting to see how fast (or slowly) this is eaten up. If its gone in a few hours or even a day, we've got problems

Does TSUSA still refund the difference between PRIME membership cost and shipping $ saved at the end of the year? I sent them an email and they never replied. I joined but only placed one order, there is nothing I want in stock...

If anybody has STV Scorpio ammo coming in from andrew1220’s connection, then we can confirm if that crest and code are out on all Czech ammo exports or if it’s specific to S&B. Though, the Scorpio ammo looks to have the same coating as both S&B and TSA, so maybe they’re all 3 made at the same factory.

Mine will be here Friday.

$0.32/ round for steel 223. 99+ in stock as of 8pm July 13. Will be interesting to see how fast (or slowly) this is eaten up. If its gone in a few hours or even a day, we've got problems
What is it normally?

What is it normally?
Im a bit of a snob so I cant accurately quote steel prices but I used to buy Wolf Gold (brass cased) for like $0.25-$0.26/ round back in February. Steel's always quite a bit cheaper

eta- here's an out of stock listing for Tulammo 223. $0.18/ round

They’ve got $0.30/ rd. steel 9mm as well.

Im showing 321.54 with Prime.. I paid 165.00 back in February and 183 in August

For the guns where it isn’t fine, what gets worn? Just the extractors from the harder cases? Any risk to the barrel?

I’d assume the chamber and extractor more than anything. But like I said, they use a soft steel that can’t harm your gun. I’m speaking more from experience than science. I don’t exactly know what the effects are, but I’ve shot many thousands of rounds of it without issue. Anyone else can chime in here, I don’t know anyone that’s had problems with it in newer firearms. (Maybe reliability, but not damage)

Edit: You said in firearms it would cause damage. Sorry, miss read that. I’m not sure, it’s more of a disclaimer than anything. If you had an original unicorn whatever made in 1926 you probably wouldn’t shoot steel in it. I don’t think it would really cause damage, but why take a chance. For any range gun, it’s more than fine.

I get e-mails from cheaper than dirt. I know I know. Stay away from them. They had something in stock that no one else did, one and only purchase. Anyway I got an email about ammo in stock. They have Wolf polyformance .223 for 17.89 a box or .90 cents a round. case of 500 for $447.

I’d assume the chamber and extractor more than anything. But like I said, they use a soft steel that can’t harm your gun. I’m speaking more from experience than science. I don’t exactly know what the effects are, but I’ve shot many thousands of rounds of it without issue. Anyone else can chime in here, I don’t know anyone that’s had problems with it in newer firearms. (Maybe reliability, but not damage)

Edit: You said in firearms it would cause damage. Sorry, miss read that. I’m not sure, it’s more of a disclaimer than anything. If you had an original unicorn whatever made in 1926 you probably wouldn’t shoot steel in it. I don’t think it would really cause damage, but why take a chance. For any range gun, it’s more than fine.
Iirc, Lucky Gunner did a study and supposedly its cheaper to shoot X rounds of steel and then replace the barrel than it was to shoot brass

I get e-mails from cheaper than dirt. I know I know. Stay away from them. They had something in stock that no one else did, one and only purchase. Anyway I got an email about ammo in stock. They have Wolf polyformance .223 for 17.89 a box or .90 cents a round. case of 500 for $447.

Cheaper Than Dirt gonna Cheaper Than Dirt. Surprised they're not trying to get more for it.

Remember when you could buy an AR-15 for that LOL

Food for thought, the military used to issue steel cased .45 ACP.... if a 1911 can take it, most guns shouldn't care. Obviously results will vary on who made the ammo. The old laquer coated wolf was f***ing garbage but it's long gone.

Prime price for all the steel .223 was $229 as of 4/20

Boy did I miss a lot not paying attention to this thread but no worries as @andrew1220 knows when the pandemic was hot around here my credit card was as well.
Yeah you were definitely buying cheap and stacking deep! I still have cheap sources for in stock 38 spl, 357 mag, and 45 if anyone is still interested. I know I’ve probably messaged 30+ people at this point 😂

Mine will be here Friday.
Same! Damn you can’t beat that vendors service and communication...and price given the situation.
Looking forward to some range reports from others here regarding the Scorpio ammo. No first hand experience myself.

I got my 2k limit. Each case is earmarked for 2 fellow NESers [thumbsup] who missed the deal on Friday night.

Back
Top Bottom