Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Haven't seen this in a while .29 per
Although for an extra 2 cents per I'd go with the blazer personally.
Another generic import brand for some ex Yugoslav factory made ammo. Some of the unbranded/generic white box European 124gr 9mm I tried, Swiss made I think, definitely seemed to be loaded hot.. thinking to 9MM NATO pressures...

but the Belom Serbian 9mm 124g seems like it's standard prressure (altho a little hotter than Remington or Blazer but not much ) they don't seem to distinguish. Which is kind of annoying.

5.56 Nato - Norma 62 Grain SS109 Steel Core 1,000 Rds. Can $559.99 (free shipping)​

This ammunition from Norma is military grade at an affordable price, manufactured in close cooperation with RUAG's Defense and Law Enforcement division, they have produced a quality round that exceeds military standards and does what civilian rounds cannot.

This ammunition comes in boxes of 50 rounds on 10 round plastic stripper clips.

Produced in Switzerland.

Not TSUSA but one of the other guys who ship to MA with a copy of your FID/LTC.

Haven't seen this in a while .29 per
Although for an extra 2 cents per I'd go with the blazer personally.
I got a box of that the last time it was available. I had several rounds that i had to put through 2-3 times to fire. It was good practice to clear failures but i wouldn't buy it again. Bellom on the other hand has beem 100% reliable for me.

Anyone else pickup any of this stuff? Hard to believe it but my gen5 g19 chokes on it big time.

At first I thought it was just my p80 that I've been trying to break in and fine tune. After so many fte's and some ridiculous ejections I decided "back to drawing board", took out the real deal and it ejects better directionally but still some in the face and actually fte's more often and even failed to chamber in the middle of a factory mag. I'm thinking it's under powered - not getting the slide back fully or hard enough. Either way, yuck. Hopefully my other guns can deal but doubtful :(

20220417_165138.jpg

Anyone else pickup any of this stuff? Hard to believe it but my gen5 g19 chokes on it big time.

At first I thought it was just my p80 that I've been trying to break in and fine tune. After so many fte's and some ridiculous ejections I decided "back to drawing board", took out the real deal and it ejects better directionally but still some in the face and actually fte's more often and even failed to chamber in the middle of a factory mag. I'm thinking it's under powered - not getting the slide back fully or hard enough. Either way, yuck. Hopefully my other guns can deal but doubtful :(

View attachment 604963
I've not used this stuff but its possibly a bad batch. I had some issues with American Eagle in 147 gr a few months ago. There still producing ammo at an incredible rate. Maybe not crazy like last year but there still pumping out some serious numbers. Just my 2c

I've not used this stuff but its possibly a bad batch. I had some issues with American Eagle in 147 gr a few months ago. There still producing ammo at an incredible rate. Maybe not crazy like last year but there still pumping out some serious numbers. Just my 2c

Yeah I never would have thought basic brass fmj target ammo from Aquila would be questionable but when the factory Glock started choking, that has been 100% since day 1, it was obvious something was wrong.

Hoping something else will eat it, maybe becomes happy stick fodder if say a PCC can deal with it.

@Greg

This Black Hills dropped today. Maybe more offerings to come...?

Black Hills 5.56mm 62 Grain Ammo Barnes TSX​

1650337950879.png

Is it decent ammo? Just repackaged Barnaul per the reviews?
Yes it is quite good quality ammunition. It is repackaged barnaul, and appears to be military grade. Sealed case neck and primer. Lacquer coated.

I read some other person on a different gun forum speculating that it is Belarusian contract overrun repackaged and rebranded. The Branding of Republic range seems to be exclusive to and seemingly a subsidy of or affiliated with TS USA.

I have not accuracy tested it with an optic but with iron sights which provided me about a two MOA group. Which is very good . Loaded a little hotter than Tula.

I've gotta say, the Winchester "Ready" 9mm in the red box... sucks. Poor accuracy. Everything else about it is great, easy feeding, clean burning, decent pop. Junk groups.
I've been getting better groups with the Sergeant Major Range steel & zinc 9mm... Much better.

Lesson learned...
1650510311591.png 1650510326810.png

I've gotta say, the Winchester "Ready" 9mm in the red box... sucks. Poor accuracy. Everything else about it is great, easy feeding, clean burning, decent pop. Junk groups.
I've been getting better groups with the Sergeant Major Range steel & zinc 9mm... Much better.

Lesson learned...
View attachment 606264View attachment 606265
Don't blame your tools.

View attachment 606264View attachment 606265
"select grade ammunition" Perfectly ambiguous marketing

Selected for their higher quality? Or like Marlboro Special Select as in the cheaper version of Reds where the floor sweepings were selected for those cigarettes.

The questions are: what were you shooting them out of and at what distance and with what group sizes?

"select grade ammunition" Perfectly ambiguous marketing

Selected for their higher quality? Or like Marlboro Special Select as in the cheaper version of Reds where the floor sweepings were selected for those cigarettes.

The questions are: what were you shooting them out of and at what distance and with what group sizes?
Gen 5 G19, 7 yards indoors, NRA B-4 target, 5-round groups. (same gun, both rounds)

Sergeant Major: +/- 2.5 inches.
Winny Reds: +/- 4.75 inches.

Or,
All Sgt Major within the 8-ring and POA/POI well centered.
Winny Reds all over the place with many outside the 4-ring.

All shot within 1 hour, this evening.

1650511149625.png

Gen 5 G19, 7 yards indoors, NRA B-4 target, 5-round groups. (same gun, both rounds)

Sergeant Major: +/- 2.5 inches.
Winny Reds: +/- 4.75 inches.

Or,
All Sgt Major within the 8-ring and POA/POI well centered.
Winny Reds all over the place with many outside the 4-ring.

All shot within 1 hour, this evening.

Hm, will avoid. That is almost double the size of the Zinc plated Tulammo. Thanks for sharing.

Hm, will avoid. That is almost double the size of the Zinc plated Tulammo. Thanks for sharing.
I also noticed, during pre-loading ammo inspection (I always go through a little ritual check before ammo meets mag or cylinder) that some of the Winny Reds "flat-top" projos had a slightly rounded
tip. I'm by no means a "scientific shooter" but I know for a fact that consistency = accuracy.

Winny Reds are not consistent.

32cpr with membership. My dudes, please buy some.
JUST in time for me to move in to my new place! Paid $.36/rd this week locally for some GT and Tulammo, but could always stack more!

Now that I’ll be able to mag dump off my back patio at morning/afternoon coffee breaks, and blow off a drum or two at lunchtime, I think I might need to stack deep while the getting is good!

Last edited:
Last thoughts on the Winny Reds...

They are supposed to be the "practice/training" mate to the "Ready Defense" line.

Maybe the purchaser starts with the training round and shit results, then tries the Defense round and sees huge improvement and is suckered into buying more of the
pricey Defense round...?

Just spit-balling here.

1650513085329.png

Back
Top Bottom