Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I need some 45 Long Colt rounds and some 410 Self Defense Shot Shells...

TSUSA is out of them [crying][crying][crying]

I have the 45acp rounds...

Yes, a new instrument followed me home, can you guess what it was???

Something like this, perhaps?

DSC07415.jpg

Frank

Runnings in Hinsdale, NH has 45 Long Colt. $63.99 for a box of 50, limit 2.
No .410 in stock up there. Heading to The Gun Rack in Turners Falls seeing what's there.

Runnings in Hinsdale, NH has 45 Long Colt. $63.99 for a box of 50, limit 2.
No .410 in stock up there. Heading to The Gun Rack in Turners Falls seeing what's there.
I went to the gun rack a couple of weeks ago. They have a ton of ammo in stock , but it is sort of pricey , they also had a handful of 1lb jugs of powder. Been awhile since I took the ride to Runnings ( it's an hour ride for me) , not a fan of the two box limit on ammo.

How is this ammo?

Any idea on how long until it might be in stock?

No problem. Which is best? Other questions still apply.

Finally, are there quantities that trigger further discounts? Would it make sense to do a bulk buy here and split it up? 10 or 20 cases might drop a few bucks off, no?

I don't think I ever saw that anyone answered these questions. This would be for target (practice) shooting, and all other purposes.

I don't think I ever saw that anyone answered these questions. This would be for target (practice) shooting, and all other purposes.
I doubt anybody could answer when wolf 62gr sp will be in stock again, if ever. I did ask what the purpose was so we could answer better your questions on which is best. I may have missed your reply. imo I would avoid the Softpoint just for general practice target/plinking. I find wolf is underpowered so defeats the purpose of using a softpoint hunting round to me. Personally I like wolf 223 fmj for drills and anything that doesn’t require full power ammo or accuracy at range. I have not tried these beyond 35m so I can’t speak to that. I’ve had no problem running wolf 223 out of my rifles. so far reliable through the 5-6k I’ve used.

I don’t think that Targetsports offers any sort of bulk discount beyond Prime. Give them a call. I’ve had some shops give me discounts when I ordered 10k plus of a caliber at a time especially when I was picking it up and it wasn’t being shipped.

I went to the gun rack a couple of weeks ago. They have a ton of ammo in stock , but it is sort of pricey , they also had a handful of 1lb jugs of powder. Been awhile since I took the ride to Runnings ( it's an hour ride for me) , not a fan of the two box limit on ammo.
Gun Rack has .45 long colt. Magtech cowboy action loads 200 grain. $54.99 a box! No .410 except turkey @ $39.99 for a box of 5 !!
Norms prices are higher than most shops... His shop was mobbed had 30+ people in there.

Rumor: He heard from his distributor that .410 is being cranked out now and will be available by the end of the month.

I doubt Russian ammo will be back in stock anytime soon. I know some dealers waiting on delivery, but the shipments are stuck in customs due to the recent issues.

You won't get pinpoint precision, but it runs fine. I like it for drills and classes. I'm too cheap to leave brass behind.

I doubt Russian ammo will be back in stock anytime soon. I know some dealers waiting on delivery, but the shipments are stuck in customs due to the recent issues.

You won't get pinpoint precision, but it runs fine. I like it for drills and classes. I'm too cheap to leave brass behind.
is that wolf brand even russian now?

is that wolf brand even russian now?
That's a good question. The 55gr stuff I have is marked made in Russia. I can check, but I think my wolf power buckshot is Russian as well. But, on lucky gunner it states "

Where Wolf Ammo Is Manufactured​

Most of Wolf ammo is manufactured in factories located in the former USSR.

I don't see a country of origin on the box mentioned above. Which is 62gr jsp. Still probably Germany or Bulgaria or some other European country I would imagine.

That's a good question. The 55gr stuff I have is marked made in Russia. I can check, but I think my wolf power buckshot is Russian as well. But, on lucky gunner it states "

I don't see a country of origin on the box mentioned above. Which is 62gr jsp. Still probably Germany or Bulgaria or some other European country I would imagine.
exactly - a lot of countries now stamp those steel cases. i would not panic too much over that...
plus it looks like the glorious nation of kazakhstan is now taking care of most russian exports anyway.

exactly - a lot of countries now stamp those steel cases. i would not panic too much over that...
plus it looks like the glorious nation of kazakhstan is now taking care of most russian exports anyway.
Not panicking, just curious to what I have now.

Kazakhstan does have some nice areas.

I doubt anybody could answer when wolf 62gr sp will be in stock again, if ever. I did ask what the purpose was so we could answer better your questions on which is best. I may have missed your reply. imo I would avoid the Softpoint just for general practice target/plinking. I find wolf is underpowered so defeats the purpose of using a softpoint hunting round to me. Personally I like wolf 223 fmj for drills and anything that doesn’t require full power ammo or accuracy at range. I have not tried these beyond 35m so I can’t speak to that. I’ve had no problem running wolf 223 out of my rifles. so far reliable through the 5-6k I’ve used.

I don’t think that Targetsports offers any sort of bulk discount beyond Prime. Give them a call. I’ve had some shops give me discounts when I ordered 10k plus of a caliber at a time especially when I was picking it up and it wasn’t being shipped.
Target Sports will not discount any further than prime...I reached out in regards to a big bulk order and was told prime was all they offered.

619DW has 45 Colt in stock for $54.99 a box of 50 with no limit. Bought 250 rounds there last weekend.

.74 per

.69 per

Non zinc plated 9mm up as well. .29 per

As someone who has shot thousands of wolf the past few years i have only seen two different countries stamped. Russia and Ukraine a few years back. I have not seen any steel case wolf from any other country the past 5 years. Mind you i only shoot 5.45, x39x,308, x54r

Last edited:
I ordered a case of Wolf Match Target .22 yesterday. I have had amazing luck with this ammo but it is hard to find.

It is made by SK in Germany for Wolf. Extremely accurate and consistent. I have not seen it for sale in a while. SK is used by a lot of competitive .22 shooters.

A case was listed at $950. I had let my Target Sports account lapse when they had virtually no ammo. But I did save almost $80 on this purchase alone by spending $99 for the Prime membership. I damn near saved the entire cost of a Prime membership in one order.

As someone who has shot thousands of wolf the past few years i have only seem two different countries stamped. Russia and Ukraine a few years back. I have not seen any steel case wolf from any other country the past 5 years. Mind you i only shoot 5.45, x39x,308, x54r
I had to check. All my wolf, tula, suprema, and whatever else I have is all made in Russia.

Heads up:

Vista Outdoor, the leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition, announced earlier this year that "supply chain constraints and increases in our raw materials" will result in "price increases to help offset those rising costs."

Price hikes will begin on April 1 for Vista Outdoor ammo brands, including CCI, Federal, Hevi–Shot, Remington, and SPEER. The ammo and component price increases are as follows:

• Primers – 5%
  • Powder – 5%
  • Handgun – 2-8%
  • Rifle – 3-8%
  • Shotgun – 3-12%

FJB.

all of my steel case wolf has been Russian. 22lr was german. i’ll be curious to see where they move their imports to given the climate.
It was all banned before this nonsense. They will set up shop in some random place like kasakstan to import it. I can only imagine how huge the US civilian market is for those companies.

Back
Top Bottom