Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Did you swing by northeast arms in Peabody?They had some when I was in there last week for $51 per box

I didn't. I was at the gun show (yeah I know) and decided to shoot across over to 619 DW. They didn't have a two box limit so I bought more. Price is around what I figured and no tax so it worked out well. Next week I head up to Kittery to pick up my new 1860 Richards-Mason Open Top Conversion in 45LC. Can't wait to hit the range with that

14565131.jpg

I just skimmed back through the last few posts here and didn't see anyone mention a recent promotion for Prime Membership. I received an email the other day (yesterday?) promising a $50 gift card for anyone buying a membership PLUS a case of ammo. Anyone else see this? If so, I'm curious on how one receives the Gift Card.
Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 8.04.02 PM.png

I just skimmed back through the last few posts here and didn't see anyone mention a recent promotion for Prime Membership. I received an email the other day (yesterday?) promising a $50 gift card for anyone buying a membership PLUS a case of ammo. Anyone else see this? If so, I'm curious on how one receives the Gift Card.
View attachment 587657
Not sure. but I just bought a case to find out. Will report back if someone else doesn’t first.

This looks interesting...

Rio Royal Expansive 12 Gauge Ammo 2-3/4" 1 1/8 oz Slug

It's a sabot/slug but sized to fit in rifled and smoothbore, compatible with any choke... (ok, that last point I'm leery on...)

Love the look of that "Black Hole" hollow point and petals...

EDIT: Bought 10 boxes for testing. Made in Texas, USA
1646853590684.png 1646853605711.png

Last edited:
Guessing Cabela's is same as BP, 5.56 is $.65 a round, can't remember 9mm. Cabela's has had a plethora of 5.56 at those prices for a few months now.
Berlin Cabelas at 7pm. Lots of .40 but pricey. Handful of different 9mm 20/25 rd self defense rounds (Federal HST, Sierra, Ammo Inc) for a lot more than what you can buy them for online. No FMJ 9mm range ammo. Some $700 cases of 5.56 that have been sitting. Handfuls of different types of non standard .223/5.56 such as Hornady Fronteir heavier grain HP, etc.

Plenty of WWB .308/7.62 NATO but quite pricey. Lots of the various hunting rounds.

Attachments

• 20220309_194043.jpg
    20220309_194043.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 20220309_194051.jpg
    20220309_194051.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 20220309_194012.jpg
    20220309_194012.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
This looks interesting...

Rio Royal Expansive 12 Gauge Ammo 2-3/4" 1 1/8 oz Slug

It's a sabot/slug but sized to fit in rifled and smoothbore, compatible with any choke... (ok, that last point I'm leery on...)

Love the look of that "Black Hole" hollow point and petals...

EDIT: Bought 10 boxes for testing. Made in Texas, USA
View attachment 587937View attachment 587938

I also grabbed 10 boxes because I like my shotties, and they like diversity. I’m a curious fella and decided to autopsy one. It’s a hexagonal slug with a deep cavity held to the hard plastic gas piston/seal (that doubles as a rifled foster type outer layer for the slug) with a copper “screw”. You can see it just to the left of the slug itself.
Unique, and now I need to source some watermelons…

65D1E529-BDD3-4581-AA2E-D514CBE1006F.jpeg

I also grabbed 10 boxes because I like my shotties, and they like diversity. I’m a curious fella and decided to autopsy one. It’s a hexagonal slug with a deep cavity held to the hard plastic gas piston/seal (that doubles as a rifled foster type outer layer for the slug) with a copper “screw”. You can see it just to the left of the slug itself.
Unique, and now I need to source some watermelons…

View attachment 588800
That looks... painful.

Did not know about the copper screw. That would look odd on an x-ray... 🤪 "Doctors say whaaat?"
Lol, leftover hardware store merch??? Very IED...

That looks... painful.

Did not know about the copper screw. That would look odd on an x-ray... 🤪 "Doctors say whaaat?"
Lol, leftover hardware store merch??? Very IED...

Indeed. I’m interested to see if the petals stay attached after expansion or if they fragment and make a real mess out of things. I’m guessing they’re going to fragment just given the design. There’s no reviews (that I could find) for these slugs anywhere.

Indeed. I’m interested to see if the petals stay attached after expansion or if they fragment and make a real mess out of things. I’m guessing they’re going to fragment just given the design. There’s no reviews (that I could find) for these slugs anywhere.
TAOFLEDERMAUS inspired design...???[rofl]

I want a Glass Slug next... [devil]

You'll be first! Video please...

I need some 45 Long Colt rounds and some 410 Self Defense Shot Shells...

TSUSA is out of them [crying][crying][crying]

I have the 45acp rounds...

Yes, a new instrument followed me home, can you guess what it was???

Back
Top Bottom