Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

lol i’d say 95% of my orders were during the slump so I’m happy with my stock and price per round. now my cost to replace my stock. that I’m not as happy about.
So post up :) TSUSA was never even near the cheapest for ammo.

j/k :)

Im still sour about what I paid for mk262 lol

Last edited:
So post up :) TSUSA was never even near the cheapest for ammo.

j/k :)

Im still sour about what I paid for mk262 lol
I will cry along side you on that one. I only got into the 262 and imi razorcore late in the game. def paid a lot for those. but I still would rather have it in hand now than wish I had it later.

How is this ammo?

Any idea on how long until it might be in stock?
I use that and the 55gr version on my woods range so I don’t need to police my brass. I’ve had no issues with it across probably 4k rounds on DD and BCM barrels. Cant speak to accuracy as I only use it for drills at short range.

Edit, sorry. didn’t realize this was the Softpoint you linked. i used the HP and fmj.

If anyone is looking for the cheapest brass cased 9mm (maxxtech), look at the vendor at the top of the list of that particular "search engine" for pew pew food...they ship to us peons....
I went thru about ~500 rds of that MaxxTech stuff and looked into it a bit. It's not a big name brand, IIRC it's under the Tula conglomerate of brands/importing. It is made in Bosnia, is somewhat dirty burning ammo, but goes bang. Had one of the rounds with a swollen case that would not chamber. Range fodder.

It has a wall inside the case that prevents bullet set back, apparently a no go for reloading.

1645837285100.png
(Not my pic)

Last edited:
I went thru about ~500 rds of that MaxxTech stuff and looked into it a bit. It's not a big name brand, IIRC it's under the Tula conglomerate of brands/importing. It is made in Bosnia, is somewhat dirty burning ammo, but goes bang. Had one of the rounds with a swollen case that would not chamber. Range fodder.

It has a wall inside the case that prevents bullet set back, apparently a no go for reloading.

View attachment 582376
(Not my pic)
Correct. No go for reloading. I didn’t mention that part since I figured everyone buying it doesn’t reload.

I use that and the 55gr version on my woods range so I don’t need to police my brass. I’ve had no issues with it across probably 4k rounds on DD and BCM barrels. Cant speak to accuracy as I only use it for drills at short range.

Edit, sorry. didn’t realize this was the Softpoint you linked. i used the HP and fmj.
No problem. Which is best? Other questions still apply.

Finally, are there quantities that trigger further discounts? Would it make sense to do a bulk buy here and split it up? 10 or 20 cases might drop a few bucks off, no?

No problem. Which is best? Other questions still apply.

Finally, are there quantities that trigger further discounts? Would it make sense to do a bulk buy here and split it up? 10 or 20 cases might drop a few bucks off, no?
what are you looking for? best for what? just the plinking fmj or hp? or the SP? short answer you may get a bulk discount depending on the vendor. if you buy half a pallet or a pallet or more.

I picked up a 1000rd case of Blazer aluminum 9mm before it sold out(didn’t want to support the Russian machine). I think we’re going to see an uptick in price and demand but not as bad as during the election.
I did too, still waiting on tracking number from order made Wednesday though.

View attachment 582376
(Not my pic)

worst case of 9mm I ever purchased was maxxtech with trash cases like this. The ammo is horribly under loaded likely to avoid overpressure due to small case capacity. The other maxxtech branded ammo such as 7.62x39 has been perfectly fine.

worst case of 9mm I ever purchased was maxxtech with trash cases like this. The ammo is horribly under loaded likely to avoid overpressure due to small case capacity. The other maxxtech branded ammo such as 7.62x39 has been perfectly fine.

Hmm, I can't remember how hot the stuff was but I'd believe you on that.

From what I've seen, "MaxxTech" is just a branding/labeling, but this brass MaxxTech 9mm seems to be all have that same case wall and made in a Bosnian factory. It's priced and marketed as budget range fodder, so I am not expecting Federal AE quality, reliability, etc.

The MaxxTech Essential Steel 7.62x39 is rebranded Vympel manufactured, which is quite good quality mil-spec ammo made at a Russian state munitions plant.

With all the changing and new names, brands that all these Eastern + Central European ammo is coming in under, especailly with the bigger influx since the shortages of the last two years, I'm really just interested in the manufacturer of the ammo themselves instead of the importer brand name. We have seen Vympel come in under Golden Tiger, MaxxTech Essential Steel, BVA, some production runs of red colored box Red Army Standard, and probably other brands I have not personally heard of.

Back
Top Bottom