• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Anybody catch any 500 round cases of BH MK262 from TSUSA recently ?
Kind of random but just thought I would pass it along anyway. Dean safety at the mill had one or two 500 round cases of Winchester match 77 gr 5.56 for $.50 per round out the door if paying with cash. I was informed that this is Winchesters version of the MK262 ammo?

Hopefully this doesn’t go against the rules or anger Randy at Dean Safety but just thought I would pass this info along to help him out especially after the fire.
I just left there and they had a good amount of ammo. All 9mm is 34 cpr out the door
7.62x51 is 50 cpr
(2) 5k round cases of CCI mini mags 40 gr is 7 cpr.
Couple cases of federal 22 as well
Tons of defensive ammo in various calibers

For the first time i had ups not drop off a package because it was ammo. He said even though no signature is required, he can not leave ammo at the door step. Anyone else have this happen?
Nope ......... Glad I personally know my driver , and he knows exactly what he's delivering when he comes to my house. He sticks my packages in a tote that I leave outside in the back of the house.

Kind of random but just thought I would pass it along anyway. Dean safety at the mill had one or two 500 round cases of Winchester match 77 gr 5.56 for $.50 per round out the door if paying with cash. I was informed that this is Winchesters version of the MK262 ammo?

Sounds like a different type of bullet is used than what Black Hill uses.

If I would have known I would have went and bought a half case to shoot and try it out.

Snooze ya lose I guess lol

For the first time i had ups not drop off a package because it was ammo. He said even though no signature is required, he can not leave ammo at the door step. Anyone else have this happen?
I always ask seller to use an "over" box. That way it doesn't say "Winchester, Wolf or Speer" on it, just the shipping label...

Never a problem this way.

Target always uses an over box. Problem is they still need to have the hazardous marker.
I’ve found that when you are buying case lots, TS only uses an overbox if you check the "Discreet Overbox Packaging” option under the shipping method. And I get boxes with the “hazardous” marker all the time that are not ammunition, just various cleaners and such.

And I get boxes with the “hazardous” marker all the time that are not ammunition, just various cleaners and such.
How much do they typically weigh though? People arent stupid. I had projectiles shipped USPS in a Priority Mail box. No special labels. Mailman asked me if they were bullets

How much do they typically weigh though? People arent stupid. I had projectiles shipped USPS in a Priority Mail box. No special labels. Mailman asked me if they were bullets
Since they are often liquids, they can be fairly heavy. But my main point was that a package marked with the Hazardous Materials label for Limited Quantity diamond doesn’t actually tell you much about the contents. I agree that the density of an ammo package is more of a giveaway. I’m always surprised at how heavy, yet small, a case of 45 ACP is.

ETA What I always find kind of funny is that Fire Extinguishers also need the Hazardous Materials label for Limited Quantity diamond on them when shipping by ground.

Last edited:
I can honestly say that ive been ordering ammo from TS for over 10 years and have never received a package with the original box. Even when i buy a case its usually inside another box. I believe that others have, its just not the experience i have had.

I can honestly say that ive been ordering ammo from TS for over 10 years and have never received a package with the original box. Even when i buy a case its usually inside another box. I believe that others have, its just not the experience i have had.
I think if you’re ordering individual boxes they’ll always ship in an overbox. I do think cases might need the "Discreet Overbox Packaging” option checked in the shipping method section of the order. I do know that for my account that box is checked by default.

I actually haven't put any effort into finding any except either target sports or cabelas. Two boxes usually lasts me about a year.

Maybe I should move onto a modern cartridge.
You can always upgrade to Buffalo Bore’s new Heavy 30-30 ammo. Uses a 190gr. custom Hawk Bullet at around 2100 fps for 1860 ft lbs of energy. They say it’s safe to use in any/all 30-30 chambered firearms that are in normal operating condition. Only problem is it costs almost $4 a round ($78.09 for a box of 20).

Back
Top Bottom