Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Question: "Is it harder to find small pistol primers... or, 9mm cartridges at this point?"
I dunno that’s tough to say. You need to use apps to find out when SPP are available. Just in the last month I’ve been able to get 12k SPP and 2k small rifle primers so they are out there but some people don’t want to put in the work (not referring to you or anyone else in this thread). You absolutely cannot wait around for an in stock notification email from a vendor anymore. That worked up until early August or so. But not anymore. It sells out too fast. I got one case of primers out for delivery today actually lol.

I dunno that’s tough to say. You need to use apps to find out when SPP are available. Just in the last month I’ve been able to get 12k SPP and 2k small rifle primers so they are out there but some people don’t want to put in the work (not referring to you or anyone else in this thread). You absolutely cannot wait around for an in stock notification email from a vendor anymore. That worked up until early August or so. But not anymore. It sells out too fast. I got one case of primers out for delivery today actually lol.
Yes, but the question is = what did you have to pay for said SPP and SRP ?

I have not bought any ammo in the past year, other than 12g buckshot (during the fall of 2020).

Aside from that (and related to reloading): I have stopped actually "reloading" ammunition (fortunately, I have a decent amount of factory ammo & reloads).

Instead, I am focusing on processing thousands upon thousands of .223, 9mm, 45ACP, 40SW, and other caliber brass (all saved-up over the past 10 years). I've been wanting to tackle that for a long time. Feels good to be finally going through it all.
Perfect time to do it and it must give you great satisfaction.

The 5k being delivered today cost me $230.75
One order for 1k SPP and 1k SRP cost $105.90
One order for 1k SPP and 1k SRP $110

Not what I’m used to paying but I bought for myself and for friends. Not even close to GB prices
I have 0 experience with reloading, how much did they used to cost?

I have 0 experience with reloading, how much did they used to cost?
Like $160ish per 5k? Though I bought a ton in 2018 that ran me like $110 per case. And in March shooters Outpost had them for $120 per 5k. Crazy
Even with the increase you’d still save a ton compared to buying factory ammo. My 9mm runs me like $5-$6 per 50 [laugh]

I must admit, I have no lanyards. I haven’t purchased anything from TSUSA since November 19th when I picked up a 500 round ammo can of PPU M1 .30-06 for $368. That’s when I actually did an inventory of all my ammo and realized that enough was enough. I found I even had 720 rounds of .380 ACP self-defense ammo. I currently don’t even own a 380! So I joined my own private branch of AA (Ammoholics Anonymous) and swore off buying any more ammo (except for some from the CMP, since their prices are still sort of normal).

Hopefully at some point things will return to some level of normalcy. If not, we’re all gong to have to go into reloading and fight for components.

I thought $46.99 was a bit high for Hornady Precision 143gr. ELD-X ammo, but I guess it's all relative.
The two boxes I was aware of got snatched up quickly...sorry.
yeah, getting 400 of CMP rounds suddenly made a ton of sense...
i just went there and ordered 200 more of Creedmoor 6.5 140gr HornadyBULLET BTHP 200RD CASE
that will last me a long time, plus a ton of lesser quality but still just fine sellier and bellot.

i just went there and ordered 200 more of Creedmoor 6.5 140gr HornadyBULLET BTHP 200RD CASE
that will last me a long time, plus a ton of lesser quality but still just fine sellier and bellot.
I lucked out maxing on the CMP .45 right before the end of the year. Sucks that they don’t have any more of the BB .45

I did the same, ordered 200 of each. Debating getting more now, but I'd rather see which I like better first. Can't go wrong with Hornady though

I lucked out maxing on the CMP .45 right before the end of the year. Sucks that they don’t have any more of the BB .45
I would not be surprised if pretty soon they were down to just Creedmoor and Ely ammo. They seem to have a special relationship with those two manufactures.

I would not be surprised if pretty soon they were down to just Creedmoor and Ely ammo. They seem to have a special relationship with those two manufactures.
I saw someone post three bricks of Eley target ammo (yellow box) for $500 in NES classifieds, it’s selling on CMP for $79 per brick.

Last edited:
I did the same, ordered 200 of each. Debating getting more now, but I'd rather see which I like better first. Can't go wrong with Hornady though
I’ve used both the Hornady and the Nosler. I haven’t seen a noticeable difference between the two, but then I’m not that good of a shot.

Well, the .38 special is gone now.
Damn, I was on there a few mins ago and totally missed that. Plenty of fotay though. And one of the few places that has any .380 (I snagged 500 rounds of .380 from Larry this week, got me all excited about the ammo hunt again lol)

Geez.. I’ve been back and forth on if I want to order more 6.5c, because it’s still an inflated price, but maybe I just need to stop living in the past.

I think I have enough to last at least a year... will prices come back by then?

Back
Top Bottom